Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

RedFish

A bit late to the party for this one but Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton is brill/@ce/unmissable! Binged first season with complete disregard for sleep.

Last edited:

peridigm

A bit late to the party for this one but Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton is brill/@ce/unmissable! Binged first season with complete disregard for sleep.
S1 was great. S2 was meh. Just watched S3 and thought it was really good.

Andersons Dietician

I know it’s trash but I watched Riverdale today and it honestly peaked today in terms of its lunacy. Arguably the greatest moment of tv I think I’ve ever watched. It’s just mental :lol:

Chad Michael Murray plays some cult leader and has his followers build him, wait for it..... A rocket!! Now it’s built on the roof of this old hotel and it looks like what you’d expect something from a looney tunes cartoon. To top it off he is wearing an evil kenevil replica white leather suit with the Stars and Stripes.[/spoilers]

other loony things go on but I can’t stop watching this as week after week they raise the bar in madness.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Daybreak looks like the worst thing Netflix has released since....last week.

Watching Ash vs Evil Dead. Good brainless fun.

Andersons Dietician

I’m watching it now, It’s actually pretty good. It’s quite well done and a lot of influences from Mad Max, Ferris Buellers day off and others. Brainless fun as you say.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just started watching "Unbelievable" on Netflix, about midway through the second episode, it's extremely gripping as well as straight up uncomfortable at times but I'm already a big fan of this show just for the simple reason that they ran a CCTV image of a number plate and realistically showed that they couldn't get anything rather than going from grainy as shit super dark crap CCTV image to the clearest 4K image ever seen just because someone said "enhance it".

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just started watching "Unbelievable" on Netflix, about midway through the second episode, it's extremely gripping as well as straight up uncomfortable at times but I'm already a big fan of this show just for the simple reason that they ran a CCTV image of a number plate and realistically showed that they couldn't get anything rather than going from grainy as shit super dark crap CCTV image to the clearest 4K image ever seen just because someone said "enhance it".
Zoom in on that pixel.

Enhance.

Tarrou

the other funny thing about that trope is the tech person operates the zooming in software by typing really fast

0le

I'm watching "The Secrets of Quantum Physics" documentary series on BBC iPlayer. Quite interesting learning about the historical context about how these ideas developed.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
the other funny thing about that trope is the tech person operates the zooming in software by typing really fast
Also there is actually software that enhances imagery using AI to recognise deficient quality pixel/pixel clusters and predict how they can be improved. It’s used for upscaling and the results are very impressive.

You could never use it in a criminal investigation though as it’s literally falsifying evidence.

RedDevilRoshi

Anywhere to watch the final 5th season of Line Of Duty? Netflix only show the first 4 and it doesn’t seem to be available on BBC I-Player

lsd

The Oracle

I think Netflix pick their casts based on them being young white or Jaden Smith . Acting ability never comes into their thinking

RedFish

S1 was great. S2 was meh. Just watched S3 and thought it was really good.
Spot on. On season3 and so far it's great. Characters are more engaging than in s2 which I struggled to get through tbh. BJT is such a fantastic actor - a bit leftfield a la Steve buscemi and other more odd but interesting actors. Love his work.

peridigm

It was ok bordering on meh. The ending annoyed me.
No way she got preggers from his clone that quick. They only banged like the day before she announced it..?!?
:lol: You're questioning the feasibility of that in a show where the plot itself is not feasible?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I need to make a list of people's opinions on here that I trust because some of these recommendations stink.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yep that's what I'm referring to in my comment. Wasn't great.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Also for supposedly being a 'comedy' I barely laughed at any of it. I think they had a decent premise for a show but didn't do anything particularly fresh or fun with it.