Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Ray Mears has some stuff on Amazon Prime if you have that. Some of it is survival and some of it documentaries based on how people lived in the past and adapted to the land. I'm enjoying his one about how people adapted to the land when settlers arrived in America.

Survivorman Les Stroud has some new stuff up on YouTube too. He has one where he takes comedian Bill Engval out suriving in the desert that keeps getting recommended to me by the algorithm.

Some of Bear Grylls stuff is decent, it's more entertainment than what Les Stroud gets up to though. Dual Survival is similar except there's always two of them and it seems like at least one of them always turns out to be some sort of mad liar. It's entertaining watching ex military guys constantly being annoyed by a shoeless hippy out in the wild.
Thanks. This Ray Mears stuff is really good, most of it is behind another paywall though.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
My list of these weeks:
Better Call Saul, 8.5. I devoured it in 4 days.
Star Trek Picard 7.5
Sneaky Pete ,7. Deservedly canceled after the third season.
Start up ,7.5. I also doubt it will be a fourth season.
Fear the Walking Dead, 6.I left it halfway through the fourth season. The first season is fine but then it just goes down.
ZeroZeroZero, 8. It´s about Narcos
Treadstone, about spies. I liked the pilot but quit after some episodes.
Suburra, I also quit after a couple of episodes. I think after seeing Gomorrah it seemed very bad. Perhaps otherwise I would still watching it.

I still reserve the new seasons of Altered Carbon and Ozark, so I'll start Succession now.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I've finished the first two seasons of Money Heist. Enjoyed it but cant bloody stand Tokyo. Such a useless cnut. I felt season two ended the way I would like the show to end. Is it worth watching 3 and 4?

Also, is Westworld worth continuing? I saw season 1 and liked the first and last few episodes... Didn't care for the middle.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Saw the trailer of Killing Eve season 3 the other day. Good god, it looks like the silliest thing ever.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Watching Community again now it's on Netflix, it is so fecking good. Feels like there is a joke every 3 seconds.

Best sitcom ever for me. It's streets ahead.

lsd

The Oracle
Watching Community again now it's on Netflix, it is so fecking good. Feels like there is a joke every 3 seconds.

Parks and Recreation
Community
Brooklyn Nine Nine
The Good Place
Arrested Development

For me

Aware that I have somehow missed one I really love mind

Art Vandelay

Seinfeld
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Community
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Parks and Recreation

For me, Clive.

I finished watching through Community again on Amazon Prime and it popped up on Netflix the next day. I was tempted to start over again.

I still believe Annie was the Ass Crack Bandit all along.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Parks and Recreation
Community
Brooklyn Nine Nine
The Good Place
Arrested Development

For me

Aware that I have somehow missed one I really love mind
No love for The Office?

lsd

The Oracle
Seinfeld
Community
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Parks and Recreation

For me, Clive.

I finished watching through Community again on Amazon Prime and it popped up on Netflix the next day. I was tempted to start over again.

Annie was the Ass Crack Bandit for sure . I'd bet your life on it

Posh Red

Seinfeld
Community
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Parks and Recreation

For me, Clive.

Thoughts on the new curb season?

Art Vandelay

Thoughts on the new curb season?
I've only watched the first couple and quite enjoyed them. I was planning on watching the next one later. Although I wasn't super keen on them adding the political commentary, the MAGA hat was genius as was filming his date to prove he had consent and the side sit. I don't really remember much of the rest, they've been good but maybe not as memorable. Opening a coffee shop out of spite has potential.

Have you seen the full season?

Posh Red

I've only watched the first couple and quite enjoyed them. I was planning on watching the next one later. Although I wasn't super keen on them adding the political commentary, the MAGA hat was genius as was filming his date to prove he had consent and the side sit. I don't really remember much of the rest, they've been good but maybe not as memorable. Opening a coffee shop out of spite has potential.

Have you seen the full season?
I’ve seen the full season yeah. Good but not great for me. A few really good moment like the one you mention though. Also Leon is more involved than ever and is a brilliant voice of reason for Larry

Art Vandelay

I’ve seen the full season yeah. Good but not great for me. A few really good moment like the one you mention though. Also Leon is more involved than ever and is a brilliant voice of reason for Larry
I was worried you were going to tell me it gets crap. Leon is brilliant, I enjoy a good Richard Lewis interaction too. Trying to pay for lunch and crashing the funeral to do it. :lol:

thepolice123

Started on Mr Robot recently and into season 3 now. Season 2 got incredibly draggy and monotonous with the psychedelic and utterly bizarre parts. I almost gave up on the show. Should I continue with S3 and S4?

thepolice123

Survey says... yes, most definitely.
I know all four seasons are highly rated but I did not enjoy S2 at all. Felt like it lacked everything that made S1 great. The hacking and the heists were missing, instead majority of time we were going through Elliot’s mental illness and the China-USA conspiracy.

Sure hope it picks up in S3.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Started on Mr Robot recently and into season 3 now. Season 2 got incredibly draggy and monotonous with the psychedelic and utterly bizarre parts. I almost gave up on the show. Should I continue with S3 and S4?
Same happened to me few weeks ago, and on recommendation of others here I finished it. Definitely worth staying up, season 3 and season 4 are excellent.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I know all four seasons are highly rated but I did not enjoy S2 at all. Felt like it lacked everything that made S1 great. The hacking and the heists were missing, instead majority of time we were going through Elliot’s mental illness and the China-USA conspiracy.

Sure hope it picks up in S3.
Stick with it. S3 and S4 are a mile ahead of S2 and up there with the best seasons of the decade, especially S4.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Anybody watching that Quiz on ITV about the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire cheat. It's surprisingly very good and tense. I say surprisingly as I thought it was going to be a humdrum ITV drama, but it's actually very well done. Michael Sheen is superb as Tarrant, and while I knew a little bit about the subject there's a lot more I didn't know. The last episode is on tonight. I definitely recommend it if anybody hasn't been watching it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Watching Catastrophe on 4oD at the moment, very funny.
Great, isn’t it? A friend of mine is in it. He’s the Irish brother. Poor fecker is currently self-isolating in a flat in London, with zero sense of taste or smell after catching covid.

Anyhoo. Came into this thread to recommend Ozark. Nearly finished season 3. Such a good show. Has to be up there with stuff like Breaking Bad, True Detective and the Wire. In fact, I would say it does a MUCH better job at maintaining quality over the seasons than the first two on that list.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I think I'm finally going to start Ozark. I've been putting it off for some time, but I've heard nothing but great things about it. The main reason I was put off by it was because of a bias against Bateman. No that I think he's bad, but I can't help but not see him as a hapless, comedic character. I didn't know if he had the ability to pull something like this off and make it believable.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I think I'm finally going to start Ozark. I've been putting it off for some time, but I've heard nothing but great things about it. The main reason I was put off by it was because of a bias against Bateman. No that I think he's bad, but I can't help but not see him as a hapless, comedic character. I didn't know if he had the ability to pull something like this off and make it believable.
He basically plays Michael from Arrested Development only without the comedic aspects. Or .. plays himself.. in that case.. I'm not sure, but it works, somehow, and it's a great show.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
In season two you won't even notice him, he is mostly just shrugging his shoulders and saying yes or no, despite playing the main character.

Other than that, it's a really good show.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He basically plays Michael from Arrested Development only without the comedic aspects. Or .. plays himself.. in that case.. I'm not sure, but it works, somehow, and it's a great show.
Yeah, that's my problem with Bateman I suppose. Not that he's bad, but he basically just plays a slightly different version of himself. As long as it doesn't detract from the show. Which it sounds like it doesn't.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

How far along are you? I finished watching all 6 seasons last night. Season 1 is pretty run of the mill stuff, a pretty bland sitcom with some nice moments. Seasons 2 and 3 was when they fully embraced their weirdness and meta-ness and where it worked, with some true classics along the way. The ass crack bandit episode mentioned above being one of the best. It remains ok in season 4 but a notch below, and then gets really bad in seasons 5 and 6, I was struggling to finish. Had the usual pinch when I watched the last one last night, as is customary at the end of any show, but I was glad it was over.

Alison Brie said in an interview recently that they'd be doing a film (which would be a nice way to cap off the 6 seasons and a movie shit), but I really hope it's a level above the last couple of seasons. And I wonder if they'll get Donald Glover to star in it - his and Dany Pudi's chemistry was one of the most endearing qualities of the show, for me.
He's an actor with very little range, but I feel his subdued performance in Ozark works well in contrast with the array of almost caricutural characters that populate the show.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
How far along are you? I finished watching all 6 seasons last night. Season 1 is pretty run of the mill stuff, a pretty bland sitcom with some nice moments. Seasons 2 and 3 was when they fully embraced their weirdness and meta-ness and where it worked, with some true classics along the way. The ass crack bandit episode mentioned above being one of the best. It remains ok in season 4 but a notch below, and then gets really bad in seasons 5 and 6, I was struggling to finish. Had the usual pinch when I watched the last one last night, as is customary at the end of any show, but I was glad it was over.

Alison Brie said in an interview recently that they'd be doing a film (which would be a nice way to cap off the 6 seasons and a movie shit), but I really hope it's a level above the last couple of seasons. And I wonder if they'll get Donald Glover to star in it - his and Dany Pudi's chemistry was one of the most endearing qualities of the show, for me.
Mid-way through season 2. I remember seasons 1, 2 & 3 being some of the best TV comedy I've seen and it holds up. I also find the nice moments actually nice and not too saccharine like other American shows. Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas is so bittersweet.

Yeah, the show lost a huge amount of charm when Troy left. I still mostly enjoyed season 5 but I've never actually watched season 6 yet.