Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I watched yesterday the first season of Kingdom.I really liked, but in the last episode
suddenly zombies can attack during the day because of the temperature? the days before the temperature dropped just at sunset?.

Web of Bissaka

Just started watching Krypton.

Still on Season 1. The pace for every episode is so good, necessarily fast meaning so many contents, can't say there's any wasted minutes of scenes, everything progress smoothly well and proper.

EDIT: Halfway through the season, it gets so bad quickly. It's losing direction. Show doesn't know what kind of show anymore they want to do.. disappointing. Nice potential though and the first few episodes is so good. Bad ending and season 2 is so bad.

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I watched yesterday the first season of Kingdom.I really liked, but in the last episode
suddenly zombies can attack during the day because of the temperature? the days before the temperature dropped just at sunset?.
Yeah you kind of just have to go with that and accept it... as it's a world where Zombies exist I just kinda let it have that one. There's not many instances/things like that in the show also so yeah

Skåre Willoch

Anyone seen The Bureau on Amazon? Heard good things about it.
Watching it as we speak, currently on season 4. One of the best shows I've seen in a long time. Right up there with the very best. The fact that it's french makes me more focused as well, as I can't be distracted by the phone without missing out on everything that's going on :lol:

TheGame

Watching it as we speak, currently on season 4. One of the best shows I've seen in a long time. Right up there with the very best. The fact that it's french makes me more focused as well, as I can't be distracted by the phone without missing out on everything that's going on :lol:
Thanks, might give it a go. Yes agree, tend to deviate to phones as well so will be good to concentrate if there are subtitles.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Anyone here watch Waco or ZeroZeroZero yet?
Waco (Netflix): You’ll likely first be struck by the terrific ensemble cast. They do a good job of humanizing characters from each side, though criticisms that they went too far to make Koresh sympathetic would be justified. I‘m not normally so affected by dramas, but it devastated me. This and the recent anniversary of the OKC Murrah bombing which I was almost in earshot of probably plays into my psyche more than most here, so I don’t know if I’m being impartial.

Binary watch/don’t watch scale: Watch

wr8_utd

:'(
Waco (Netflix): You’ll likely first be struck by the terrific ensemble cast. They do a good job of humanizing characters from each side, though criticisms that they went too far to make Koresh sympathetic would be justified. I‘m not normally so affected by dramas, but it devastated me. This and the recent anniversary of the OKC Murrah bombing which I was almost in earshot of probably plays into my psyche more than most here, so I don’t know if I’m being impartial.

Binary watch/don’t watch scale: Watch
Thank you. I shall give it a go soon.
Zero,zero,zero.
Just finished it a few days ago. Overall it was good but it jumped around a lot which annoyed me.
The end was good though.
Just started it. It does look like it jump about but seems an interesting option given I've just gotten done with Narcos Mexico 2.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Was it better than season 1?
Bit less funny and more poignant, I'd say. Whether that's better or worse is up to the viewer! Personally I still really enjoyed it but it got a bit too soppy at times. I know Gervais likes that mix in his shows but it was a bit too heavy this time round.

Still some hilarious bits when they interview for the paper, though, and overall still really good.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Does anyone recommend "The Pacific"? And how would you compare it to Band of Brothers?

Handré1990

Does anyone recommend "The Pacific"? And how would you compare it to Band of Brothers?
Absolutely, if you liked Band of Brothers. I think it’s great. Band of Brothers is a few levels above though, but if you’re looking for something similar it’s a great option. Different, but similar.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
It’s still an HBO historical drama, so still great. The Pacific was more savage as I recall and a tougher watch, but that is fitting as that was one of the most brutal theaters of war then.

BoB is an all-time great for me; The Pacific doesn’t quite make that cut but is still an 8 or 9/10.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Almost finished Fauda, its been a joy to watch so far.

Is Hunters any good? The reviews seem mixed, its on my watchlist.

passing-wind

Enjoy documentaries but the UK Netflix seems to heavily restrict the titles to crime there should be more of an educational selection aside planetary sciences.

Watched few episodes of treadstone, started well but ends up boring for me. Black lighting started well if your into the superhero mix but ends up garbage mid season 2.

Enjoyed Jack Ryan via Amazon prime. Punisher absolutely savage. I'll definitely check out Kingdom on the basis of the feedback via this thread.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I have a year free of apple +. I dont recognise a single show on it. Is there anything any of you would recommend on the platform?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Dirk Gently is a weird loveable mess of a show and I enjoy it.

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
Dirk Gently is a weird loveable mess of a show and I enjoy it.
I gave up early into the second season. I think a couple of normal characters would have been nice to give it some balance.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Upload is really good. Anyone who liked The Office will enjoy it. Don't think the trailers do it justice, it's a lot darker than I expected, and has some hilarious slapstick/gross out moments in there too. Really like the (exaggerated) version of the near future it depicts also.

Andy_Cole

I have a year free of apple +. I dont recognise a single show on it. Is there anything any of you would recommend on the platform?
Everything on it is brand new and exclusive. I’ve only watched the servant which is decent as a creepy/ horror tv show.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Been watching Deadwood seasons 1 & 2 again. It's bloody awesome.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Really enjoyed Into The Night.

Best way to describe it is Speed in a plane and the bomb is outrunning the sunrise. Only 6 episodes.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Been watching Deadwood seasons 1 & 2 again. It's bloody awesome.
It is! Somehow I’d missed it first time around and only watched it last year prior to the film being released.

Truly bloody brilliant. Al is one of my favourite characters in anything ever!

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"F*ckin' Bullock and his f*ckin' stoopid badge!"

Dante

Average bang
I've finally got 'round to watching Chernobyl. Absolutely fantastic show.

Until last week, my only fear was arachnophobia. You can radiation poisoning to the list now. Some of those scenes are going to stay with me for a long time.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Just watched The Pacific. The acting/dialogue wasn't as good as in Band of Brothers but it was grittier and therefore left just a strong impression on me as BoB did.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
We needed something lite and having caught up with Brooklyn 99, found Superstore. Hadn't even heard of it but it's hilarious. You probably need a decent amount of experience in the states though.

Really hard to find positive, funny stuff right now.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
During these last weeks:
I saw Kingdom, which I really liked.
Third season of Last Kingdom, still great.
Third season of the good doctor
the death of Doctor Meléndez has totally finished my interest
I started and abandoned Fleabag, Devs and MacMafia.
I'm in the third season of Billions, I like it but the first two seasons seemed more exciting and fun.
Right now I'm with Jack Ryan, very nice so far and looking forward to seeing the terror and into the night.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Definitely The Americans.
Quite outstanding plots and the acting is fantastic.

SirAnderson

During these last weeks:
I saw Kingdom, which I really liked.
Third season of Last Kingdom, still great.
Third season of the good doctor
the death of Doctor Meléndez has totally finished my interest
I started and abandoned Fleabag, Devs and MacMafia.
I'm in the third season of Billions, I like it but the first two seasons seemed more exciting and fun.
Right now I'm with Jack Ryan, very nice so far and looking forward to seeing the terror and into the night.
Shite :( I just read the spoiler of The Good Doctor. I thought I finished watched season 3, but seems I only downloaded till episode 18 and thought that was the end! Feck me, off to watch the last 2 episodes pissed and sad.