Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Denis' cuff

I think I'm finally going to start Ozark. I've been putting it off for some time, but I've heard nothing but great things about it. The main reason I was put off by it was because of a bias against Bateman. No that I think he's bad, but I can't help but not see him as a hapless, comedic character. I didn't know if he had the ability to pull something like this off and make it believable.
Ozark really is worth it. Not been a big tv watcher in recent years until now and thought this a poor man’s Breaking Bad at first but it really develops its own genuine theme. A conservative 8.5 or maybe a 9 for me. Regarding Bateman, never seen him before but like his more subdued persona. There’s a few larger than life rednecks in there and I think he is a good contrast, yet still a strong enough character. Gutted at having to wait probably 18 months for S4. Really think the young fella will come into his own as he ages.

btw, was Bateman’s previous stuff any good?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Ozark really is worth it. Not been a big tv watcher in recent years until now and thought this a poor man’s Breaking Bad at first but it really develops its own genuine theme. A conservative 8.5 or maybe a 9 for me. Regarding Bateman, never seen him before but like his more subdued persona. There’s a few larger than life rednecks in there and I think he is a good contrast, yet still a strong enough character. Gutted at having to wait probably 18 months for S4. Really think the young fella will come into his own as he ages.

btw, was Bateman’s previous stuff any good?
Well, primarily I know him from Arrested Development where he plays a loveable, hapless type of character. The show is absolute genius and he's fine in it; he does a good job in the role. I've also seen him in various other comedies over the years (Game Night probably being the best of them) and, again, he's fine. He did star in a film called The Gift, which wasn't a comedy, and he plays it a bit more straight and does a decent job. My problem with him is that he doesn't have too much range, I guess.

That's why I was skeptical about watching. But I will.

Denis' cuff

Cheer
Well, primarily I know him from Arrested Development where he plays a loveable, hapless type of character. The show is absolute genius and he's fine in it; he does a good job in the role. I've also seen him in various other comedies over the years (Game Night probably being the best of them) and, again, he's fine. He did star in a film called The Gift, which wasn't a comedy, and he plays it a bit more straight and does a decent job. My problem with him is that he doesn't have too much range, I guess.

That's why I was skeptical about watching. But I will.
cheers pal -might check out one or two of those anyway

Denis' cuff

Binged a number of things recently and seen some excellent stuff. A lot of tense, action stuff and could really do with some comedy or at least a bit of light hearted stuff. “This Country“ is only just over a week away from reaching Australia, so looking forward to that but if anyone could suggest... would be appreciated

diarm

Lovesick (originally Scrotal Recall) is great - just binged all 3 series.
It's ages since I watched it but that girl he goes out with in later seasons is a breathtakingly good actress.

United Hobbit

Thanks to the person who recommended Spooks its filling a very big what to watch gap in the evening!

Theres a celebrity version of SAS who dares wins starting tonight at 9pm for anyone who likes those ones with regular people

SirAnderson

I've run out of things to watch, so thanks, this is infinitely better than searching google! Looks like there are some great choices here, will give feedback once done!
My choices to check out:
Lovesick
Unorthodox
Fauda (Thanks for this, been looking for another foreign language series after finish La Casa de Papel)

SirAnderson

I've run out of things to watch, so thanks, this is infinitely better than searching google! Looks like there are some great choices here, will give feedback once done!
My choices to check out:
Lovesick
Unorthodox
Fauda (Thanks for this, been looking for another foreign language series after finish La Casa de Papel
Something to binge
Multiple seasons
Banshee
Monk
Justified
Psych
Nip/Tuck

1 season only -prematurely cancelled but still good
Lights Out
Persons Unknown
The Event
FlashForward
Invasion
John Doe
Any of those 1 season only end on cliff hangers, I can tolerate a small left over piece of a storyline, but not a massive one.
I think I watch FlashForward yes back, iirc it was quite a cliffhanger.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Lovesick (originally Scrotal Recall) is great - just binged all 3 series.
Really? It was strangely watchable, but the absolute lack of charisma of the lead made it hard to stick to. He's so incredibly bland. Antonia Thomas is gorgeous enough to stay tuned for a while, and Daniel Ings does his best, but overall it's a bit meh.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
My Mrs is currently watching her 3rd straight episode of Lovesick, and I am absolutely baffled by the milquetoast terribleness of this show, the utter yawning charisma vacuum that is its lead, the bafflingly dramatic way its filmed (which would undermine the comedy, if there was any) the 2D blechdel test case love interest, and generally just how it’s managed to get 3 whole seasons commissioned...

I was merely slightly peeved at first, but then I googled Johnny Flynn out of some perverse curiosity, to find that not only was there not a small, culturally appreciated hate movement dedicated to his singularly empty awfulness, but that he’s actually been cast as David Bowie (David SHITTING BOWIE! - one of the most charismatic people of the 20th century FFS!) in the (admittedly unsanctioned) biopic, and now I’m genuinely quite angry about everything... I might go for a long walk to calm down.... Or kill something.... it’s a toss up at this point.

At least Daniel Ings is trying.

EDIT: They’re now in a strip club, and the comedy idiot character has said “it’s like a bar, but people take their clothes off!!”

Yes. Yes it is. That’s is what that is.

...And now one of the strippers is falling for said comedy idiot.... None of these writers have ever been to a strip club before. I can feel an infuriatingly inaccurate comedy drug scene coming on at any moment... I hate everything about this, and subsequently life.
Yeah here was a good summary of it. I'd forgotten Blandy McBlandperson had been cast as Bowie.

I also don't understand how there can be a film about Bowie and they wouldn't cast Tilda Swinton to play the main part.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Really? It was strangely watchable, but the absolute lack of charisma of the lead made it hard to stick to. He's so incredibly bland. Antonia Thomas is gorgeous enough to stay tuned for a while, and Daniel Ings does his best, but overall it's a bit meh.
Yep. We loved it including the lead. He was endearingly hopeless. I hope they make series 4 eventually.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!

Looking forward to this, from the guy who made The Office and P&R, how can it not be an uplifting ball of easy watching fun?

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I can very highly recommend The Americans.

A brilliant US TV series which ran from 2013 to 2016.
It was set against the Cold War during the Regan era and won numerous awards as best TV show.

There are seven seasons each with thirteen episodes.
Utterly compelling watching and brilliantly acted and produced.

Really top stuff.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Tomorrow the 4th season of The last kingdom.I can't wait.
Uhtred, son of Uhtred :drool:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Are these different (or someone paraphrasing)?

Both worth watching?
I like a lot the last kingdom, It's a bit similar to Vikings.Medieval battles, life at the kings's court,etc.
Vikings is from the Viking point of view and this is the opposite, for the most part.
I'm starting now with Kingdom, so I don't know

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Not so much of a tv show per se but ...

I recommend drinking 4 espresso martinis followed by 2 or more White Russians and watching Chemical Brothers 2019 glasto set on BBC I player with your sound turned up!

Me and my Mrs are having a proper rave in our living room.

SirAnderson

Geez, I can't keep up. I keep downloading more shite and haven't finished a bunch.
Still to finish:
Ozark s03
Altered Carbon s02
Better Call Saul s05 (just finished 4 yesterday only)
Tin Star s02

And a few others I'm too ashamed to say I haven't finished yet.

I see Defending Jacob is out, will wait for all the episodes to come out, can't do week by week crap. I see they dropped first 3 episodes and the rest will snail out.
Now I'm compelled to download Kingdom season 1 and the other stuff suggested here! Oh well, probably will be another month of lockdown here, so.