Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I know for a fact you'd like Party Down.

I know for a fact you'd fall in love with Lizzy Caplan.

I know for a fact anyone who likes Parks & Rec will like it.
I finally started this a couple of days ago, loving it. And yeah, in love with Lizzy Caplan, of course.

Tim Henman

Come on Tim!
Any reviews on Modern family ?
I think it's one of the better comedies out there right now. Excellently written, great acting. Every character is funny in their own way, my personally favourite is that guy from "Married with Children". He's married to Sofia Vergara in the show, lucky bastard

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Tried Arrested Development ages ago, watched the first two eps and didn't really 'get' it.

After absolutely loving Archer and seeing people mention AD in conjunction I've tried again and I'm really enjoying it this time. Although it's very weird having basically a real version of Malory Archer.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Tried Arrested Development ages ago, watched the first two eps and didn't really 'get' it.

After absolutely loving Archer and seeing people mention AD in conjunction I've tried again and I'm really enjoying it this time. Although it's very weird having basically a real version of Malory Archer.
Malory Archer is more a version of Lucille Bluth really, chronologically!

Good to see you're enjoying it, I also got into AD after Archer and it's one of those that just gets better once all the characters are settled. The writing is excellent and season 2 is just hilarious from beginning to end!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Good to see you're enjoying it, I also got into AD after Archer and it's one of those that just gets better once all the characters are settled. The writing is excellent and season 2 is just hilarious from beginning to end!
ha, yea I guess Lucille was first.

I definitely think I just didn't give it enough time the first time around. Getting to know the characters really makes it.

I chained most of S1, so will be onto S2 soon enough.

Indired

I think it's one of the better comedies out there right now. Excellently written, great acting. Every character is funny in their own way, my personally favourite is that guy from "Married with Children". He's married to Sofia Vergara in the show, lucky bastard
Yep, watched a few episodes and its nice..

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Has anyone ever seen a show called In the Flesh?

Four years after the Rising, the government starts to rehabilitate the Undead back into the society including teenager Kieren Walker, who returns home to his small Lancashire village to face a hostile reception as well as his own demons.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp

I felt it took me until season 2 to fully enjoy it; the writing seems much better for some reason and I'm enjoying characters I previously didn't. Lucille and Gob have me in stitches every time. Currently on season 3 and hope the standard doesn't drop.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I don't want to give Grinner a reply to his thread, just cause it's been 6 hours and clearly everybody hates him.

But yeah, Crossbones looks awesome.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
I don't think there have been as many high grade series recently, unless I've missed some or didn't give some a fair chance..

I haven't started a single "new" series this year, I tried Hannibal but felt it was a bit slow, I'm still watching Game of Thrones obviously and I was watching Vikings but it's tailed off in season 2 for me. I didn't mind arrested development, there are moments where it's quite funny and I'll keep an eye for series 2, but haven't been impressed so far in 2014.

Can anyone recommend any that were started in the last year or so (As I know most before that I'd imagine) that you do rate?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
True Detective was brilliant. Arrow is a bit of mindless fun. The Returned was fantastic also.
What's so special about this? All seem to be raving about it, what separates it from others in it's genre? It just looks to be another who murdered him? While the show tries leading you down several outcomes before finally revealing the one, or am i being pessimistic here?

Also, Arrow, If I liked Spartacus series, would I enjoy Arrow? or are they quite different?

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
What's so special about this? All seem to be raving about it, what separates it from others in it's genre? It just looks to be another who murdered him? While the show tries leading you down several outcomes before finally revealing the one, or am i being pessimistic here?

Also, Arrow, If I liked Spartacus series, would I enjoy Arrow? or are they quite different?
Why don't you just watch one of the shows and find out the answers yourself? Although Arrow is nothing like Spartacus from the few episodes I watched of it.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Why don't you just watch one of the shows and find out the answers yourself? Although Arrow is nothing like Spartacus from the few episodes I watched of it.
Because the idea of this thread is to recommend someone a TV show? :lol: Keep up.

I didn't want to sit there finding links, getting files watching something when I may not even like it, made more sense to get a few suggestions then go find out more about each of them.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Because the idea of this thread is to recommend someone a TV show? :lol: Keep up.

I didn't want to sit there finding links, getting files watching something when I may not even like it, made more sense to get a few suggestions then go find out more about each of them.
You were recommended shows. It's not called the "recommend a show and then tell Angelo the whole plot of it so he will know whether he will like it or not" thread. You will be asking them to watch it for you next.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

True Detective is brilliant. First and foremost, it has some of the best acting I have ever seen on a TV show, mainly due to the two leads who are superb. Yes it is a detective story and a who done it but the real drama lies in the two leads. You always come back to see how they ended up where they did and what will happen to them, which kind of makes the actual hunt for the culprit rather secondary. Not to mention some amazing character development, brilliant dialogue, beautiful imagery. It is a dark, cohesive and atmospheric tale and doesn't shy away from telling it's story and is absolutely mezmerising.

Arrow is not like Spartacus. It's more like a darker Smallville. It's popcorn trash but enjoyable popcorn trash.

Moonred

So I watched the first 5 episodes of Silicon Valley, a sitcom about a stereotypical bunch of programmers who are trying their luck in the world of startups. The characters are fun and easy watch mostly. I personally can relate to it due to my own profession but regardless the humour is not forced neither deep. It may not provoke thought or make you stand up and take notice but will make you chuckle nonetheless.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
True Detective is brilliant. First and foremost, it has some of the best acting I have ever seen on a TV show, mainly due to the two leads who are superb. Yes it is a detective story and a who done it but the real drama lies in the two leads. You always come back to see how they ended up where they did and what will happen to them, which kind of makes the actual hunt for the culprit rather secondary. Not to mention some amazing character development, brilliant dialogue, beautiful imagery. It is a dark, cohesive and atmospheric tale and doesn't shy away from telling it's story and is absolutely mezmerising.

Arrow is not like Spartacus. It's more like a darker Smallville. It's popcorn trash but enjoyable popcorn trash.
I'm sold mate, you got a friend in me, I'll be trying True Detective straight away and when I get a moment i'll get hold of Archer and probably watch 2 or 3 episodes and go from there, but from what TD sounds like it's one of the few "rare" quality series so I'll look forward to this.. Thanks

You were recommended shows. It's not called the "recommend a show and then tell Angelo the whole plot of it so he will know whether he will like it or not" thread. You will be asking them to watch it for you next.
:lol: you are so funny, good talk.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm sold mate, you got a friend in me, I'll be trying True Detective straight away and when I get a moment i'll get hold of Archer and probably watch 2 or 3 episodes and go from there, but from what TD sounds like it's one of the few "rare" quality series so I'll look forward to this.. Thanks
Arrow not Archer. Just saying because Archer is also a TV series and is nothing like Arrow :lol: Hope you enjoy True Detective. It's a little slow burner, especially at the start so have some patience (although I was hooked by the time the first episode finished). Let me know what you think.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Arrow not Archer. Just saying because Archer is also a TV series and is nothing like Arrow :lol: Hope you enjoy True Detective. It's a little slow burner, especially at the start so have some patience (although I was hooked by the time the first episode finished). Let me know what you think.
Yes I definately will, I'll get back to you about TD tomorrow and ah, it appears you are quite right, a female colleague watches Arrow I think it is, the one with the Archer as the cover. I didn't mean Arrow, thanks for correcting that or you would have received strange feedback :lol: