Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
For All Mankind.

Brilliant.
So good.

Started the latest season thinking that no way it keeps me hooked again like the previous 3, but now with only the season finale left, I'm definitely hooked again.
It was these two posts which piqued my interest in a show that I’d never even heard of. It is absolutely wonderful, made all the more special due to my father having worked on the later Apollo missions.

I’m only through six episodes of the first season but I am seriously hooked. Thanks gents.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
It was these two posts which piqued my interest in a show that I’d never even heard of. It is absolutely wonderful, made all the more special due to my father having worked on the later Apollo missions.

I’m only through six episodes of the first season but I am seriously hooked. Thanks gents.
Welcome to the club.

Spark

Probably been said before, but Apple TV is definitely the best place for series currently. They’re smashing it out the park - albeit quite heavy on the sci-fi.

Silo - good series with interesting premise
Slow Horses - my favourite
Bad Sisters - really enjoyable, watched last year
For All Mankind - mentioned above
Foundation - although slightly mixed reviews, mainly from book readers, I really enjoyed it
Severance - absolutely quality and S2 just announced finally.

Obviously has Ted Lasso and The Morning Show too, which weren’t for me (although watched all of Ted Lasso with the girlfriend - wasn’t shit in fairness).

Masters of Air coming soon too, which looks promising.

pauldyson1uk

Probably been said before, but Apple TV is definitely the best place for series currently. They’re smashing it out the park - albeit quite heavy on the sci-fi.

Foundation - although slightly mixed reviews, mainly from book readers, I really enjoyed it

Obviously has Ted Lasso and The Morning Show too, which weren’t for me (although watched all of Ted Lasso with the girlfriend - wasn’t shit in fairness).

I would add Hijack to your list, I thought it was excellent.

Ollie Derbyshire

Add Black Bird, The Crowded Room, Mythic Quest, The Servant, Invasion, See, The After Party and Monarch. All very good, some excellent, especially the first two.

Superden

Just watched the first 2 eps of season 5 of Fargo. Big comeback from the nonsense that was series 4.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
All right after so many mentions ill give it a shot. This thread is bad for me though because I started several of the recommended shows at once and now I don't know what to get back to.
I took the plunge last week & it is top quality. I'm still on the first season due to my schedule, but it seems that this is the weakest season via reviews (but still extremely good scores).

Spoony

The People's President
Halo was a bit naff. We needed Reach. We needed The Halo. We needed more Flood. Instead we got shite subplots and a bizarre romance between Masterchief and that human Covenant bird.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Watched the first season of The Flight Attendant last week. Brilliant show, Kaley Cuoco is an amazing actress. Has anyone seen season 2? Is it worth continuing?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

I have season 1 on my hard drive waiting for us to finish a few other things.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Seen 'Gaslit?' If not, you'd like it.
I started this more than a year ago and we are only half way through. We enjoyed it but my wife is terrible for getting bored with things if and then we never quite end up finishing them.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.

Add 5 days at memorial to that list, absolutely brilliant show.

Spark

I would add Hijack to your list, I thought it was excellent.
Add Black Bird, The Crowded Room, Mythic Quest, The Servant, Invasion, See, The After Party and Monarch. All very good, some excellent, especially the first two.
Nice one all, loads more to tuck into! I did try Invasion but thought it was oddly boring considering the premise.

Will start some of others this week for sure. Best subscription going.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
As I have close familial connections to the Katrina destruction on the Mississippi coast (far more initial substantial storm destruction there than Louisiana, but LA had its own brand of hell when the levees failed a few days after the storm had passed), this show moved me to tears multiple times it was that on point. The portrayal of the apocalypse in that hospital was absolutely phenomenal; the set designs were so intricate, almost facimilies of the real hospital & surrounding environment, especially the flood water & the hellscape that was.

icehole

Took a while to get used to the fact that certain scenes were flashback scenes but apart from that solid episode.
Two episodes in and I'm finding that this is really up my alley. It has an 80's Mystery/Masterpiece Theater aura about it but with much lusher production. I like that it's naturally bilingual and that they don't speak French in an artificial, newscaster way. The slow burn pacing is methodical with every scene adding a nugget of information. Yeah, I'm hooked.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Gonna bump For All Mankind again got 2 episodes left.

One of the best series I've watched.
Man, I am just now getting through the first season episode when the son gets into the accident & it is surely a nut kicker & played so well by the cast.

Gazautd18

I couldn't finish the last season of Dead to Me because Christina's health issues are so apparent in her appearance etc. I know they kind of wrote it into the script in a way but i have a hard time seeing someone as previously vibrant like her just whittle almost before my very eyes.
Just binged this and agree.
First 2 seasons were brilliant but you could see she was struggling on the 3rd.
The writing seemed to suffer as well.
Wish her all the best though.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Two episodes in and I'm finding that this is really up my alley. It has an 80's Mystery/Masterpiece Theater aura about it but with much lusher production. I like that it's naturally bilingual and that they don't speak French in an artificial, newscaster way. The slow burn pacing is methodical with every scene adding a nugget of information. Yeah, I'm hooked.
Yup it's been good so far. And being only 6 episodes long will suit the series nicely.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Wow, one of the best season finales I’ve ever seen is For All Mankind’s end of season one. What an emotional rollercoaster.

kundalini

Watched the first season of The Flight Attendant last week. Brilliant show, Kaley Cuoco is an amazing actress. Has anyone seen season 2? Is it worth continuing?
I watched both series. Season 2 is slightly different in that you don't get drunk version debating with sober version. Other than that, there is a similar feel to it in terms of confusion as to quite what is going on/uncertainty over who committed the crime.

justsomebloke

Just started Big Little Lies, which is looking very promising indeed. And just finished Season 5 of Fargo, which was awesome. Tarantino-level great.