Music Arctic Monkeys

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck

XFM broadcast the Friday show last night. Best moment of the weekend for me.

Acole9

Outstanding
Just heard from someone else I know that went to see them over the weekend apparently they had to break up a fight, some drunk guy attacked two police officers and one was quite badly injured.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Saw them for the first time a couple nights ago at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Feck, I felt old. Crowd was very young, mostly female. Saw a girl who looked bout 16 getting carried out by her friends before AM even came on. Her titties spilled out as she was getting dragged away. Young people gotta learn how to handle their molly, lol.

As for the band, they sounded great. Alex Turner was really having fun with himself striking these hilarious Elvis poses which elicited squealing and screaming from thousands of teenage girls. Alex is a true showman and carries the band. While the other three Monkeys might be capable, they should be thanking their lucky stars everyday. Set list was a good mix of both old and new. Only complaints would be there was only one set (21 songs including encore) and bar a couple songs, it was the exact same set list as the night before in San Diego.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
God this is good.
Too little upstrokes. :mad:

Saw them for the first time a couple nights ago at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Feck, I felt old. Crowd was very young, mostly female. Saw a girl who looked bout 16 getting carried out by her friends before AM even came on. Her titties spilled out as she was getting dragged away. Young people gotta learn how to handle their molly, lol.

As for the band, they sounded great. Alex Turner was really having fun with himself striking these hilarious Elvis poses which elicited squealing and screaming from thousands of teenage girls. Alex is a true showman and carries the band. While the other three Monkeys might be capable, they should be thanking their lucky stars everyday. Set list was a good mix of both old and new. Only complaints would be there was only one set (21 songs including encore) and bar a couple songs, it was the exact same set list as the night before in San Diego.
I think that's a conscious change on their part. I remember a quote from their early breakout years something about them not acting like the rockstars they've earned the right to be on their shows. Since he's got that ridiculous hair, Turner's played the role of frontman more than in the past.

And Matt Helders is an amazing drummer. I don't think he should be thanking anyone at all for that.

Last edited:

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
10 years since Whatever People Say I am, christ I feel old. Must have been 11/12 when I bought it. Feel so sentimental listening to it now.

Skizzo

Somewhat related, read a story on Facebook today about a group of English lads who book trips to the United States to travel through some smaller towns, picking up girls and sleeping with them. One of their lines is that they're the Arctic Monkeys.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Somewhat related, read a story on Facebook today about a group of English lads who book trips to the United States to travel through some smaller towns, picking up girls and sleeping with them. One of their lines is that they're the Arctic Monkeys.
Must work incredibly well, I'd sleep with Alex Turner if I could.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Still remember being a 16 year old, at a family meal and my cousins boyfriend asking me if I had heard of "these Arctic Monkey lads" and telling me just how good they were. I got a thrown together copy (old version of Riot Van, WTSGD still called Scummy) of the album from a mate at school the next week and that was it, I was hooked.

Still holds up and one of the very best debut albums ever.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor is just the ultimate party tune.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Maybe/probably the best British debut album since The Stone Roses.

Acole9

Outstanding
That album was huge at the time, rightly so and all it's brilliant.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I think I might prefer Suck It And See now, but still their debut is absolutely brilliant.

Duffy

I think I might prefer Suck It And See now, but still their debut is absolutely brilliant.
Different styles on each album. It's hard to rank them, but I'd probably have WPSIATWIN or Suck It And See as 4th and 5th, yet I love both albums. You have the debut which is just raw indie rock, FWN is more mature rock, Humbug is quite psychadelic, SIAS is actually quite "poppy" and AM has very much RnB overtones. All brilliant in their own way.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Nah, I'd take WPSIATWIN over Definitely Maybe every time. In fact I think I might prefer What's The Story Morning Glory to DM too.

The Stone Roses' first album is better than both though.

Duffy

Nah, I'd take WPSIATWIN over Definitely Maybe every time. In fact I think I might prefer What's The Story Morning Glory to DM too.

The Stone Roses' first album is better than both though.
This, easily.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
The little preview video is very promising for me, love that sort of psychedelic trance guitar music. Imagine Tame Impala with a Monkey’s twist and Alex Turner’s voice. Can’t wait!

When do we think the first single will be out? Within the next couple of weeks?

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Please don't be shit please don't be shit please don't be shit

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Yasss. A new Monkeys album.

It comes out the month my first born is supposed to be born. Where have the years gone by? It seems like only yesterday when I was listening to Dancing Shoes and relating that song to my own days of going to the clubs and (trying) to pull girls.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Gone right off them since that atrocious Finsbury Park gig a couple of years back. Genuinely the worst live gig I've been to.

Player Red

How would one go about getting a ticket on the pre-sale ?
Probably have to already be subscribed to their mailing list. A code/link will probably be issued in the next day or so. They will definitely be adding more dates though. Playing Sheffield on a Tues/Wed with a gap then until Dublin on the Monday. I would imagine at least another Dublin show on the Sunday and a likely another couple of Sheffield shows.

Ludens the Red

I wasn't able to get the presale details for Dublin. :(
Same for London.
Thought the new anti touting measures were meant to make tickets more available. Can see that's failed already. I had a countdown to get into the waiting room, was in there for 30 minutes yet couldn't get a ticket.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Fwiw I just opened new tabs on the button for the show I wanted to go to about 7 times and 1 of them was lucky enough not to be given a “server busy” response.