Music Arctic Monkeys

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Got tickets to see them in Toronto for a 4th time. Liking the sound of the snippet they released.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Serious demand. They announced extra shows at the same time but even they got sold out immediately.

GBBQ

Didn't get tickets but good to see they've taken steps to stop touting. Not for sale on Seatwave and they're saying the ticket holder must show ID that matches the name on the ticket.

Oggmonster

Didn't get tickets but good to see they've taken steps to stop touting. Not for sale on Seatwave and they're saying the ticket holder must show ID that matches the name on the ticket.
Yeah I didn't get tickets.

I went Arcade Fire last week and they did the same thing regarding ID etc...I didn't get IDed so could of easily sold the ticket. I doubt the arena will check really.

GBBQ

Yeah I didn't get tickets.

I went Arcade Fire last week and they did the same thing regarding ID etc...I didn't get IDed so could of easily sold the ticket. I doubt the arena will check really.
Yeah its not really workable when you have a few thousand people queuing to get in but even random checks might be enough to put people off buying them 2nd hand. I know I wouldn't chance it now.

FC Ronaldo

They’ve been adding even more shows, as expected. Current status:

Oggmonster

Yeah its not really workable when you have a few thousand people queuing to get in but even random checks might be enough to put people off buying them 2nd hand. I know I wouldn't chance it now.
Yeah before I went in they were seemingly stopping a few people and might of done them. Once it got a bit later everyone was just walking through. Even the security search took about 5 seconds.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Annoyed they didn’t announce a third Manchester date, must want the Saturday off. My mate managed to bag 3 for the Friday but if anyone on here has any spare going for Friday I’ll happily buy (there’s a lot of my mates who missed out).

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Apparently there's a low quality rip of the album floating around on the internet if any of ye literally can't wait.

Based on the way the album has been described thus far, I suspect it will be divisive.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Apparently there's a low quality rip of the album floating around on the internet if any of ye literally can't wait.

Based on the way the album has been described thus far, I suspect it will be divisive.
How bad/good is the quality?

binary bot

any notable similarities/difference with their older stuff?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
any notable similarities/difference with their older stuff?
I've avoided listening to it thus far because of the sound quality but everything I've read suggests it's very different from other AM records. As per reviews it's more like a mid-paced, croony Alex Turner solo album with songs that were written largely on piano. Drums/guitars much reduced, few immediately anthemic songs.

We'll have to wait and see if it's as different and probably divisive as that sounds.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
There's a full quality version available now if anyone is interested.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
What do you mean you've never seen Blade Runner? :lol:

First thing I thought of when 'Star Treatment' came on was just how much the drums sound like Life on Mars?

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
I found a high quality version of the album on SoundCloud and it's definetly a grower. So spacey :lol:. To describe it imagine yourself as a high class businessman drinking whiskey in the poshest bar you can find on the moon in the year 2100 reminiscing about the past. Better than AM but some songs are forgetful.

Roux

I love it so far - its a glossy masterpiece, but i can see alot of fans turned off by it. Its very piano based and soulful - guitars and drums have take a step back and its really brought the bass and vocals to the forefront. It strange to me when bands come out and say they want to do something different and the record usually sounds like their previous work. This is something very different for AM - i wish they put more songs on this record - or even a lengthy track.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
I found a high quality version of the album on SoundCloud and it's definetly a grower. So spacey :lol:. To describe it imagine yourself as a high class businessman drinking whiskey in the poshest bar you can find on the moon in the year 2100 reminiscing about the past. Better than AM but some songs are forgetful.
Linky link? So I can report it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I hate it when people leak those albums. If I got a link that would, God forbid, work on the iPhone, I would literally find that person who uploaded this and walk them to jail myself.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Linky link? So I can report it.
Would also very much appreciate a link so I can inform the relevant authorities.
same

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Gonna try and squeeze a listen in now. Sounds very Bowie the first 10 seconds.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Four out of Five the best track so far but the whole album feels like a grower.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
So those who heard the leak how do you think it compares to their previous work?

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Hmm, I liked AM.

Nickosaur

Sounds like another album where they completely change their sound.

I can honestly say that I've enjoyed every single one of their previous albums, so I'm really excited to get into this one.

FC Ronaldo

Hmm, I liked AM.
Agreed. I thought it was their best work in years. Sadly, this is nothing like that. Back to the Humbug/SIAS years with a Bowie, spacey synthetic (over?) experimental twist.

Four Out Of Five is the clear standout track on this.

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
It's certainly true that a lot of people who were on board for AM will be falling off with this.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Could somebody please send me a leak?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Yeah it was.

You'll find opinions differ wildly on which album people prefer though. Personally I think Humbug is the best thing they've ever done.
Humbugs my favourite too. Has brilliant, slow, thought provoking songs like Cornerstone and then epic dark guitar songs like My Propeller.

In regards to the new album, I think it’s just a bit weird. Like he’s been fully drugged up the whole time but not in an imangintative Pink Floyd kinda way. And the songs are way too similar, there’s no diversity.

Probably their worst album yet, I think it’d actually be so much better if the lyrics weren’t as bonkers. I mean I like kooky lyrics but it just seems like he’s tried to make them weird and it doesn’t work. I’m also a bit sick of this daft singing voice he uses. Started with AM, got 20x worse with his second last shadow puppets album, now it’s just fecking weird.

Think my favourite song is Golden Trunks, maybe Four out of Five.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Yeah it was.

You'll find opinions differ wildly on which album people prefer though. Personally I think Humbug is the best thing they've ever done.
Yeah them switching styles a bit every album definitely split opinions on every album, my personal favorite is their first album and my least favorite is Humbug.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
4 out of 5 is very catchy but it's the only one in reasonable quality that I've found and apparently it's nothing like the entire album.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Disgusting of these people on the internet. They've uploaded this link to Soundcloud before the release of the album. I for one am appalled, and this needs to be reported to authorities.