Arda Güler | Real Madrid player

Realismo

Supports
Real Madrid
Sadly he injured his knee(meniscus) in training. Not looking good.

Blood Mage

Real Madrid snapping up the two best FM wonderkids, I see what they're doing. :smirk:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Tough start for him with the injury but I am very excited about this kid! Looks magical.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Looks a great talent. We should keep an eye on his status at Madrid. With Mbappe coming they’re going to be stacked for the foreseeable future. Signing the right Madrid cast off can work very well.

OmarUnited4ever

Looks a great talent. We should keep an eye on his status at Madrid. With Mbappe coming they’re going to be stacked for the foreseeable future. Signing the right Madrid cast off can work very well.
Many players that left RM went on to do great things, like Cambiasso, Ruben and Sneijder, even recent ones like Ozil & Odegaard were excellent signings at the time they left Madrid, this boy might be the right pickup if Madrid can't offer him game time.

JogaBonitoRooney

Many players that left RM went on to do great things, like Cambiasso, Ruben and Sneijder, even recent ones like Ozil & Odegaard were excellent signings at the time they left Madrid, this boy might be the right pickup if Madrid can't offer him game time.
The great Ruben le cut inside.

Arda looks the real deal and there's probably room for him to stay with Modric and Kroos coming to their end days. He'll be their next Isco.

Malkovich

I don't think they will sell Arda given Odegaard's sucess. But reading their forums, I believe Rodrygo could be gettable, if he is played at his natural LW position he is a huge upgrade on Rashford.

Rojofiam

I don't think they will sell Arda given Odegaard's sucess. But reading their forums, I believe Rodrygo could be gettable, if he is played at his natural LW position he is a huge upgrade on Rashford.
I would take Rodrygo, but he hasn't even matched Rashford's best seasons at United (19/20, 20/21, 22/23) despite playing for the best team in Spain and a CL favorite. He's better at some things, but "huge upgrade" is typical hyperbolic nonsense

Let me put it this way: Rodrygo would've struggled to match what Rashford did in those seasons...whilst Rashford would absolutely destroy the Spanish league, especially if he played for its best team

Last edited:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
We have a ton of players we need to shift out, who are not of the requisite quality, before we start adding players. Guler plays as a 10 I believe, which seems an odd signing when we already have Bruno, Mount and Diallo who can already play there. If he is effective on the wings, then maybe there is something to discuss….but first we need to be shifting Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Varane (gone), Maguire, Malacia, Van der Beek, Amrabat, Casemiro, Hannibal, McTominay, Martial (gone), Greenwood, Sancho, and Antony. None of whom are of the required quality to play for Man United. That’s 14 players. I’d listen to good offers for Rashford and Onana too.

I’d look to tie up three deals early, for critical signings (Yoro, Neves, and Olise), and then start to look at more signings once I had secured the departures of at least 7 or 8 of those 14. 3 have already left essentially, Varane and Martial out of contract, Amrabat loan return. 4 are currently not at the club, so won’t be missed at all. But some of the others, especially those on big wages, will be hard to shift. Sancho? Casemiro? Then there’s Maguire and McTominay, who both seem determined to stay at United and inflict their mediocrity on us poor fans; and both who seem relatively popular with our never ending succession of inept managers.

The best hope we have is that the new regime brings with it a much needed, and sorely missing ruthlessness; as well as a willingness to cut their losses in certain players. We ve been holding on to players, even extending contracts for years, for this ridiculous idea of protecting their resale value. All the while we get worse on the pitch and continue to be hamstrung by paying big wages to non-contributing players.

Given that this is now a club where the team can lose 19 games in one season, apparently, and still receive a warm welcome, serenading, and applause from the fans on their end of season lap of “honour”, then if the ruthlessness doesn’t come from Ratcliffe, Ineos & co., then it won’t happen at all. Ten Hag will get his name sung as we slip to 10th or 12th, and some of the worst footballers to pull on a United shirt in the last forty years, will get applauded after another season of repetitive defeats and several humiliations.

Let’s be honest, if a Madrid manager lost 7-0 to Barcelona, he’d be Game of Thrones’d. Naked and beaten, walking through the streets with a bell shouting shame. Then burned alive by a dragon. We get thrashed 7-0 by Liverpool, and over a year later, several more humiliations in the bank, a historically tragic season, worst ever PL performance in terms of goals, points, shots against, defeats, goals scored…..and we are clapping the morons responsible and mitigating for injuries. This club is fecked in the head. The standards are humiliatingly low. And if Ineos aren’t brutally, almost unprecedentedly, ruthless and cold about rebuilding the squad and coaching staff; then we are so fecked that you could call it a perma-spit roast.

I don’t think Arda Guler is going to turn that around (on topic).

Last edited:

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
I would take Rodrygo, but he hasn't even matched Rashford's best seasons at United (19/20, 20/21, 22/23) despite playing for the best team in Spain and a CL favorite. He's better at some things, but "huge upgrade" is typical hyperbolic nonsense

Let me put it this way: Rodrygo would've struggled to match what Rashford did in those seasons...whilst Rashford would absolutely destroy the Spanish league, especially if he played for its best team

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yep, could even try and get him on loan - save us some money in the process which helps us strengthen a few other key areas, he gets some game time competing with Amad as we shift the likes of Sancho and Antony etc. and we pick this up with Real a year later when we either have to return him and/or try and sign him permanently. Boils down to a few factors of course. Maybe Guler will also be much more patient and satisfied with his position at madrid amidst all the competition for places.

Rojofiam

He stopped just short of saying Rashford would put up Messi and Ronaldo numbers in the league and destroy the UCL as well.
Typical Rashford hater strategy to imply something that I didn't say, and didn't even cross my mind...but if you think it's not significantly easier for a left winger to do well and produce great numbers in La Liga for Real Madrid these days, than it has been for United in the Premier League these last 11 years, then it's a pointless discussion.

Needless to mention that the Spanish league was significantly stronger during Messi's and Ronaldo's days there, anyways.

Rodrygo has 10 goals and 5 assists this season in La Liga...you can't really make the argument that he can just come to a top 4 contender Premier League side and be a "huge upgrade" on Rashford, who has been one of the best wingers in the Premier League in 3 of the last 5 seasons.

Last edited:

Marvin look out

Typical Rashford hater strategy to imply something that I didn't say, and didn't even cross my mind...but if you think it's not significantly easier for a left winger to do well and produce great numbers in La Liga for Real Madrid these days, than it has been for United in the Premier League these last 11 years, then it's a pointless discussion.

Needless to mention that the Spanish league was significantly stronger during Messi's and Ronaldo's days there, anyways.

Rodrygo has 10 goals and 5 assists this season in La Liga...you can't really make the argument that he can just come to a top 4 contender Premier League side and be a "huge upgrade" on Rashford, who has been one of the best wingers in the Premier League in 3 of the last 5 seasons.
The fact that it's easier doesn't mean Rashford would automatically destroy La Liga. I'm extremely confident that Mbappe is going to destroy the league. Rashford? No, I would not be. He could be excellent, or inconsistent, or a complete bust like Hazard.

On Rodrygo, I'm not the one who said he would be a huge upgrade on Rashford. I don't think he's better than him, in fact. I was just disputing a claim that, for me and another poster, qualifies as hyperbolic nonsense.

But if you're going to compare the stats of both players, you have to mention that Rodrygo is really a left winger who is playing on the right wing. He's really a different animal on the left. His numbers would certainly be higher and he may even have matched Rashford's if he was playing in his preferential position week in week out.

MassVolto

Supports
Milan
Rodrygo is being played out of his natural position(LW) most of the goals he has scored this season came when he vacated that position during Vini's absent with injuries.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Arda looks the real deal and there's probably room for him to stay with Modric and Kroos coming to their end days. He'll be their next Isco.
Hope he fulfills his potential better than Isco, didn't rate him that much as I thought he lacked end product.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Rashford is second choice for the 8th best team in England. Obviously, most Madrid players are much better than him, Rodrigo included.

Rojofiam

Rashford is second choice for the 8th best team in England. Obviously, most Madrid players are much better than him, Rodrigo included.
Incredible logic.

Don't really have the energy to reply to these WUM attempt looking posts anymore.

Son

Madrid aren’t even that good in reality. I watch them in their league games and we have a few footballers like Bruno who would be leaders for their team and take them to another level.

Madrid get to conserve energy for European games each season as they have a pretty large squad. It’s different circumstances but people just act like they are playing at the level of City each week when they just aren’t anywhere near most of the time.

Madrid buy the next big thing so their players like Bellingham are rated higher than in actual reality they are on the field.

If United took away Bruno this season from our side and switched him with any Madrid player I’d argue we would not improve and in fact probably go backwards.

Kroos might be my favourite midfielder of the modern era but I’m not sure this version of Kroos is the same level right now as Bruno.

Bellingham isn’t there yet either despite his ballon D Or calls. KDB is a better footballer than Jude and gets no such calls for individual honours. That’s a popularity contest at times when you don’t have a football god like Lionel Messi making it obvious.

Modric is far better on the ball but a gruelling few years at United would surely take away some of his shine at his age.

Bruno continued to look world class in an awful team while playing every minute basically. He’s been an absolute workhorse of a player and is productive. He would surely dominate La Liga i

Last edited:

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid aren’t even that good in reality. I watch them in their league games and we have a few footballers like Bruno who would be leaders for their team and take them to another level honestly.
I wouldn't change Rodrygo for Rashford or Bruno.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid aren’t even that good in reality. I watch them in their league games and we have a few footballers like Bruno who would be leaders for their team and take them to another level.

Madrid get to conserve energy for European games each season as they have a pretty large squad. It’s different circumstances but people just act like they are playing at the level of City each week when they just aren’t anywhere near most of the time.

Madrid buy the next big thing so their players like Bellingham are rated higher than in actual reality they are on the field.

If United took away Bruno this season from our side and switched him with any Madrid player I’d argue we would not improve and in fact probably go backwards.

Kroos might be my favourite midfielder of the modern era but I’m not sure this version of Kroos is the same level right now as Bruno.

Bellingham isn’t there yet either despite his ballon D Or calls. KDB is a better footballer than Jude and gets no such calls for individual honours. That’s a popularity contest at times when you don’t have a football god like Lionel Messi making it obvious.

Modric is far better on the ball but a gruelling few years at United would surely take away some of his shine at his age.

Bruno continued to look world class in an awful team while playing every minute basically. He’s been an absolute workhorse of a player and is productive. He would surely dominate La Liga i
Where do some of you come up with this shit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
He really looks gretat. I like a lot his composure

Son

I wouldn't change Rodrygo for Rashford or Bruno.
That’s pretty wild on the Bruno part. He’s just a far better footballer in just about every single aspect apart from pace.

There’s a reason he leads the Portugal team even with Bernardo silva in it who again I would say is a level above Rodrygo.

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool

Bruno is one of the most annoying players ever and one of the worst leaders I can think of.

Alpha 1

That’s pretty wild on the Bruno part. He’s just a far better footballer in just about every single aspect apart from pace.

There’s a reason he leads the Portugal team even with Bernardo silva in it who again I would say is a level above Rodrygo.
Apart from pace AND treating the ball like a hot potato. His stats always stand out, but honestly, he hasn't been good this season.

El Jefe

Where do some of you come up with this shit :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please don’t think all United fans are like this. That’s honestly one of the worst and most deluded posts I’ve ever read on here.