Are Spurs the dirtiest club in the league?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Trying to go hard in a meaningless preseason friendly? Pathetic.

lysglimt

Scout
A few years ago - Spurs were the kind of team everyone sort of liked (apart from Arsenal-fans) - now they are just dirty bastards

Nick7

By a massive distance. Good luck convincing Spurs fans they are though.

IrishRedDevil

Yes. Bunch of thugs. Lets all chip in and buy them a 'foul machine' trophy.

We all know they desperately need to win something.

Hawks2008

Nasty and petulant, having bite is one thing but they really are a thuggish team.

Nick7

Nasty and petulant, having bite is one thing but they really are a thuggish team.
The game against Chelsea when they came 3rd in a two horse race a few years ago opened my eyes. Filthy, the lot of them. As soon as they go behind, they all seem to simultaneously lose the rag and get pure nasty.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I hope they fail miserably this season. Silly fecking Tw***. Dele is s**t and so is Sissoko.

Hawks2008

The game against Chelsea when they came 3rd in a two horse race a few years ago opened my eyes. Filthy, the lot of them. As soon as they go behind, they all seem to simultaneously lose the rag and get pure nasty.
Pretty much, Dier looked like he wanted to murder Fabregas that game. Classless cnuts with no composure when the chips are down so they lash out. You'd think they'd be used to losing but evidently not.

Nick7

Pretty much, Dier looked like he wanted to murder Fabregas that game. Classless cnuts with no composure when the chips are down so they lash out. You'd think they'd be used to losing but evidently not.
:lol: Dier was disgraceful that game.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Bunch of cnuts, Sissoko was disgraceful. Alli was being Alli though, so it's expected from him.

theREDMAN

You know if we had any player even remotely close to Keano, all the kickings we get would not be so prevalent.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I expect it from Alli, hes Jonjo Shelvey v2.0.

Spurs can be thugish when things are not going their way. Chelsea were on the receiving end of their rough house tactics at Stamford Bridge a few years back.

Sweech

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Wasn't happy with the first half challenges by Sissoko and Alli seeing as it was just a friendly.

That said I can't lie and I have to admit that I actually enjoy the style of play and the fact it can irritate rival fans this much.

diarm

Pochettino gets a free ride from the press on this.

If Spurs were managed by an Allardyce or a Warnock and they were going out looking to injure players every week like they do under Poch, we would never hear the end of it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Wasn't happy with the first half challenges by Sissoko and Alli seeing as it was just a friendly.

That said I can't lie and I have to admit that I actually enjoy the style of play and the fact it can irritate rival fans this much.
If refs were wise to it you'd be seeing Dele Alli sent off quite a fair bit and some others too.

I wouldn't say they are the dirtiest in the league but of the top clubs they are miles ahead of others in the dark arts. Pochettino surely instructs them to do so.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Pochettino gets a free ride from the press on this.

If Spurs were managed by an Allardyce or a Warnock and they were going out looking to injure players every week like they do under Poch, we would never hear the end of it.
There is no way we go out looking to injure players. We do use our physicality and to be honest we are coached I think to professionally foul people in certain situations and to do niggly fouls every now and again to interrupt the opposing team - a team that presses the opposition when they have the ball is always going to foul more. So I can see why other teams might be frustrated a bit and feel they have been bullied around the pitch by our style of play but as I said there is no way we actively go out to injure anyone.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If refs were wise to it you'd be seeing Dele Alli sent off quite a fair bit and some others too.

I wouldn't say they are the dirtiest in the league but of the top clubs they are miles ahead of others in the dark arts. Pochettino surely instructs them to do so.
I agree and I think Poch does coach the team to play like that.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Would you feel the same way if an opposition player was to pick up a career-ending injury due to Sissoko and Alli's petulant nature?

AJ10

In a friendly game :lol::lol: Don't remember them showing that much aggression in CL final.....when it mattered.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
There is no way we go out looking to injure players. We do use our physicality and to be honest we are coached I think to professionally foul people in certain situations and to do niggly fouls every now and again to interrupt the opposing team - a team that presses the opposition when they have the ball is always going to foul more. So I can see why other teams might be frustrated a bit and feel they have been bullied around the pitch by our style of play but as I said there is no way we actively go out to injure anyone.
The fouling you do goes beyond tactical fouling, it's fecking disgraceful tbh and pure nasty.

GazTheLegend

There is no way we go out looking to injure players.
Tell that to dele Alli.

Every time he plays us he rakes his studs down whoever’s playing at the time, usually Lingard. Seen multiple stamps on our squad now (the Sanchez one a few years back was REALLY nasty by Dier)
We do use our physicality and to be honest we are coached I think to professionally foul people in certain situations and to do niggly fouls every now and again to interrupt the opposing team - a team that presses the opposition when they have the ball is always going to foul more. So I can see why other teams might be frustrated a bit and feel they have been bullied around the pitch by our style of play but as I said there is no way we actively go out to injure anyone.
Bullshit.

It’s similar to saying Keane never went out to injure anyone.

Yeah maybe they “only” go out to hurt people and wind them up but what do they think is a potential consequence of hurting people? Do they care?

Dele Alli knows -exactly- what he’s doing and has done it to our players on multiple occasions now.

It’s absolutely ridiculous that your players did this sort of stuff in a friendly - genuinely baffling. Because the dangers are that the side you’re playing against starts retaliating.

Poch needs to calm it in friendly matches tbh.

diarm

I wouldn't delude yourselves into thinking you bully anyone. As soon as somebody stands up to your cowardly tactics, as United did in the first half today, Spurs invariably fall apart.

It's a nasty, cowardly tactic, looking to leave studs in and disrupt another teams rythym. It's the sort of game plan that belongs in a distant era and not the modern game.