Are Spurs the dirtiest club in the league?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Cynical fouls are one thing. Ankle raking is another. If you're going to be cynical, barge someone on to the grass, tap the trailing foot, give them a body check. Don't be a cnut about it. Stud raking is proper snidey.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Mustve been 3 or 4. Was [Irrelevant point]'s suspension for a stamp or a studs rake? Because if it was a rake, Spurs should be facing some bans.

I don't understand why VAR wasn't looking at those. Is that one of the things VAR looks for?
The one on Lingard was absolutely blatant and the TV coverage showed it really clearly.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Three times i counted one of their players raking their foot down the back of someone's achilles

OldSchoolManc

The one on Lingard was absolutely blatant and the TV coverage showed it really clearly.
Will there be a post match inquest like there is every time a United player makes a challenge?
No, no there won’t. The ABU bias is shocking.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Because many of their perpetrators are English and media darlings.
Yes I know. It's pretty pathetic to be honest. English or not, you need to be fair to all parties.

GazTheLegend

It’s like they’re actually trained to rake their studs down people.

They’re dirty buggers

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Mustve been 3 or 4. Was [Irrelevant point]'s suspension for a stamp or a studs rake? Because if it was a rake, Spurs should be facing some bans.

I don't understand why VAR wasn't looking at those. Is that one of the things VAR looks for?
Does anyone understand VAR's parameters? Would love to think there'd be retrospective action but wouldn't get my hopes up. Still, all the snide fouls made the look on Dier's face even sweeter at the end.

Brightonian

Lingard's ankle for MotM. Showed great strength not to give up after Spurs' England players took turns sticking their studs into it.

Brightonian

Cynical fouls are one thing. Ankle raking is another. If you're going to be cynical, barge someone on to the grass, tap the trailing foot, give them a body check. Don't be a cnut about it. Stud raking is proper snidey.
This is the difference between Herrera and Alli. Herrera loves a professional foul but it's always shirt-grabbing or tripping, neither of which cause injury. Raking someone's ankle like that is meant to hurt them. Particularly nasty given that he and Lingard will be competing for the same spots in the England XI in the summer.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Lingard's ankle for MotM. Showed great strength not to give up after Spurs' England players took turns sticking their studs into it.
And the ref let them get away with it many times, until he was forced to book someone. Levy must have slipped the ref a few notes before the game!

AndyJ1985

fecking horrible team. The refs are a disgrace for letting them get away with it all the time

Andre Kagawa

Could have had atleast one red, maybe two, tonight but Taylor lacked the balls. Dirty bottlers. We looked like a man up in the second half anyway.

Feeling very confident going in to this final.

AndersB

Dele Alli is not even a human. He's a demon sent to earth to lower the standards.

Last edited by a moderator:

68Guns

Dele Alli is a massive cnut. Just wanted to point that out.
Without a doubt, I despise the dipstick, looks like his face has been squashed. All that stupid dancing when he scored has made him look the penis that he undoubtedly is.
Get in UNITED!! Let's wallop Southampton in the final again!

Last edited by a moderator:

Giggs86

Can't wait until Alli get's sent off in the World Cup and the English media turns on him.

Rinnegan240

Can't conclusively say they are the dirtiest team in the top flight division--I'd need empirical data for that. But if we had a leaderboard rank table for the most foul minded malice you'd see around, they'd be pretty comfy at the top if you ask me. It's galling to see a couple evil minded cnuts kicking everything in sight. In jarring contrast, Eriksen is one of the cleanest players in the league to me. The man goes about his business without a fuss in the world.

Reactions: Akshay

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Pretty sure that they have kicking training drills during the week. You have to admire how casually they do it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Exactly. Dirtiest team in the league without doubt. Luckily they didn't try breaking legs like they did against Chelsea.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Will there be a post match inquest like there is every time a United player makes a challenge?
No, no there won’t. The ABU bias is shocking.
I don't think it's ABU, Chelsea get done over just as much as we do for example. It's more the Spurs love in.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I don't think they're especially dirty, nothing wrong with getting stuck in, sometimes it results in a foul sometimes it doesn't. I like the way they play, wouldn't mind seeing us being a bit tougher and more aggressive.

Its a good few years since i've played but playing against an aggressive team was always difficult and made you second guess yourself a bit, especially as you come to receive the ball and you're mindful that you might get lumped so it changes your decision making and knocks you off your game. It was always a thing for our centre halves too, first header tackle or whatever, make it a strong one and it'll put doubt in the strikers minds for the rest of the game.

Who gives a...

Alli is dirty, others occasionally just overstep the mark, but no more than most clubs.

GazTheLegend

What we need is a compilation gif of all their little sly studs challenges. Trippiers, Alli’s and Diers.

They deserve more visibility than they’ve gotten. MOTD completely ignored it, Danny Murphy just silently ignored it watching the replay in real time, and I’ve not seen anything in the papers.

Mr.Plow

They have the most hateable squad in the league by far. Absolute cnuts.

BIGbadBOO4

Have only watched spurs 3 times this season all against us and they are a very dirty side who get away with a lot of bad challenges. Trippiers rack on Sanchez was worthy of a red and ref did nothing. It's not only that spurs are dirty they love throwing themselves to the floor at slightest touch. Ref was poor yesterday as well, his yellow for Rashford was a joke.