Are the lads back in training yet?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
What is the status of the likes of Mejbri, Laird and Garner? Are they also partnif this training group? The youth season has been ended - they can’t go 6 months without any football. With 5 subs, I hope to see them this season.

meamth

I think it's kind of brilliant how football starved we all are. The desperation for some footage of a routine training match. The conspiracy to conceal the identity of the goalscorers. The brave fullback who spoke out then was silenced. The heroic hunt for the truth, for the precious footage that will blow this case wide open... Spotlight 2, in cinemas June 2021.
#releasemanutdcut

Ah well, might just wait another 12 days.. I'm dying.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
By the way do we have any friendly planned? I'm seeing all these other teams from Chelsea, Tottenham Arsenal having played or about to play friendly games against other teams but haven't heard anything about us in that regard.

roseguy64

By the way do we have any friendly planned? I'm seeing all these other teams from Chelsea, Tottenham Arsenal having played or about to play friendly games against other teams but haven't heard anything about us in that regard.
There was a squad friendly yesterday. Same as Chelsea had.

Web of Bissaka

What is the status of the likes of Mejbri, Laird and Garner? Are they also partnif this training group? The youth season has been ended - they can’t go 6 months without any football. With 5 subs, I hope to see them this season.
Agree.

Though only once our top 4(or 5) is secure, or we're leading the game with 2-3 goals.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Doesn't matter:

Rashford Martial Someone
Pogba Bruno
DM
You've got both Pogba and Bruno on the side of midfield they like to drift to. You've got Pogba on Rashford's side of the pitch and Bruno right behind Martial - see the partnerships you've drawn attention to above.

Yes, it's a lot of work for Matic (being old) or Fred/McT (not being strictly defensive midfielders) but it's not as if Pogba and Bruno aren't capable of doing a fair bit of defensive work in front too. And we have two superb defensive fullbacks who can step in and make defensive contributions in midfield too if needed.
Why couldnt Fred or McT be succesful DMs. Is there a innate skill set that is needed that they do not posess, or is just the fact that they havent played the position on a regular basis?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Friendly game against Stoke called off at the eleventh hour today (Stoke were already at Carrington) due to last minute confirmation of a Stoke player testing positive for COVID. United have confirmed that none of our players had any contact with theirs.

Trex

Why couldnt Fred or McT be succesful DMs. Is there a innate skill set that is needed that they do not posess, or is just the fact that they havent played the position on a regular basis?
Its Mctominay I feel is most likely to make the conversion, He is tall,discipline footballer,good tackler,mobile, and strong,still young and learning.... Matic wasn't a DM in his first spell at Chelsea,then converted at Benfica,it may take time to fully adapt but very doable,Fred am not sure,being older and not as good a tackler, or with the physical strength is better off in the box to box role were he can utilise his better qualities... Generally I fill we have a better midfield now than in a long time just need to find a way to balance it

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Is the friendly vs west Brom on TV or something we dont get to see?

romufc

Man, I've been hyping myself to ridiculous levels that I don't know what I'll do if we lose the game.
The Manchester United effect that.. The hype is because the last 2 weeks prior to lockdown we were playing well and the morale was so high.

I hope we come out all guns blazing V Spurs but on the other hand I am fearful of getting caught cold.

fps

I think it's kind of brilliant how football starved we all are. The desperation for some footage of a routine training match. The conspiracy to conceal the identity of the goalscorers. The brave fullback who spoke out then was silenced. The heroic hunt for the truth, for the precious footage that will blow this case wide open... Spotlight 2, in cinemas June 2021.
Think I'd be as interested in watching them train as I would watching their matches! Though as you say we only have one of those options right now....

Acole9

Outstanding
I think people are getting carried away about the Pogba/Fernandes link up, let's just see how they get on before we start getting wanky.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think people are getting carried away about the Pogba/Fernandes link up, let's just see how they get on before we start getting wanky.
I understand why you would ask for pause but I think you are being a little silly if you don’t understand the hype. Pogba and Fernandes have the capability to be the best midfielders in the Premier League and as a partnership have the qualities to win games on their own.For those of us who have defended Pogba and his lack of midfield partners, the possibility of playing alongside some genuine quality is rightly mouthwatering. Obviously we will have to fully see how that potential develops on the pitch, but I’m extremely optimistic!

Acole9

Outstanding
I understand why you would ask for pause but I think you are being a little silly if you don’t understand the hype. Pogba and Fernandes have the capability to be the best midfielders in the Premier League and as a partnership have the qualities to win games on their own.For those of us who have defended Pogba and his lack of midfield partners, the possibility of playing alongside some genuine quality is rightly mouthwatering. Obviously we will have to fully see how that potential develops on the pitch, but I’m extremely optimistic!
I'm only really basing it on Pogba being so rubbish for us. He's done nothing for us this season, I just think he's a fair weather player but only time will tell.

romufc

Pogba was already showing great link up with Rashford and Bruno was showing good sings with Martial. Now if those 4 can develop a chemistry of some sort, it most definitely is a mouth watering prospect.

I just want to see us now take the game to teams, we have the defence to hold it down and now the attack has to shine.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I'm only really basing it on Pogba being so rubbish for us. He's done nothing for us this season, I just think he's a fair weather player but only time will tell.
These type of hyperbole and lies are so rampant on these boards. Some of you just can't help yourselves.

Shark

@NotShark
:lol: He's definitely the type of player, in a good way, that will rile you up and is super competitive. We've needed more of these characters in our squad, the Keano type that won't let standards drop and if they do youd bet your ass you'll be let know.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's had 2 assists this season, so he hasn't actually done nothing has he :D

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Apparently Pogba and Bruno have arrived with the fist bus/group which means they'll play together in the first friendly which will apparently last 60 minutes. This also indicates they are starting together against Tottenham(not that I doubted it).

Acole9

Outstanding
These type of hyperbole and lies are so rampant on these boards. Some of you just can't help yourselves.
He's had 2 assists this season, so he hasn't actually done nothing has he :D
Oh come on guys get a grip. I'm not actively looking to have a pop at the guy, I've got nothing against him but I don't think he wants to be here and he's been crap when he has actually played this season, don't kid yourselves.

If Lingard got just two assists everyone would be coating him off so you can't pick and choose when it suits.

Shark

@NotShark
Oh come on guys get a grip. I'm not actively looking to have a pop at the guy, I've got nothing against him but I don't think he wants to be here and he's been crap when he has actually played this season, don't kid yourselves.

If Lingard got just two assists everyone would be coating him off so you can't pick and choose when it suits.
He's only made like 7 appearances ffs :lol: