Are the lads back in training yet?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It's going to be another dodgy start, we should be mentally preparing for it unfortunately.

Leeds is probably the worst side we could face in our opening match, they're going to run us into the ground:nervous:

I can only hope that the players are still fairly sharp considering it's only been a few weeks since they stopped actually playing/training regularly.
Yeah i think we'll struggle due to our main players either being unavailable or not up to speed. Something Leeds and Southampton in our first two games won't have a problem with.

Vaibhav Raj

Is Martial back yet? How come there's no news? There were videos of him doing exercises and stuff when Euros were going on.
Solskjaer confirmed in an interview that he's joined the team but is working seperately to recover from an injury. He's not joining the team training sessions.

Irwin99

Was going to write this in another thread but I see it's already being discussed that it's nearly two weeks until the season begins and the lack of a good preseason could make for a very sloppy start. Not making excuses and it will be the same for a lot of big teams with returning players but it's been a draining 18 months or so for some of these lads. I'm anticipating another bad start like the previous two seasons :nervous:

Ludens the Red

Can’t help but feel we’ve got this badly wrong again giving even extra time off to players. Did it last year and it resulted in a mediocre start to the season.

The players who went out before the last eight of the Euros I feel should have been back by now playing matches.
Man City played the other day with Dias, Cancelo, Ake. Spurs even had Regullon and Lloris. I sort of get Bruno but how the hell are DeGea, McTominay and Lindelof not back yet?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Can’t help but feel we’ve got this badly wrong again giving even extra time off to players. Did it last year and it resulted in a mediocre start to the season.

The players who went out before the last eight of the Euros I feel should have been back by now playing matches.
Man City played the other day with Dias, Cancelo, Ake. Spurs even had Regullon and Lloris. I sort of get Bruno but how the hell are DeGea, McTominay and Lindelof not back yet?
Cancelo, Ake and Reguilón didn't go to the Euro's

cbmufc

They've played without a break for 15 months, an extra week now is the correct approach. The risk of injury after a international tournament is elevated, in truth the players who played in a final should really be getting 4 weeks.

What's I am more interested in however is the lack of consistency in time off. The England lot/ Fred get 3 weeks, meanwhile Pogba still isn't back and when he does - he would have got 5 weeks off. Bruno got a shade over 4 weeks. Cavani shade over 4. Where is Paul?

3 is what they are contracted to - no issue with giving certain players 4. But why Pogba and De Gea aren't back makes no sense. Why wasn't Lindelof back last week, he would have had 5 as well.

All these lads who have had a full pre season need to step up, they all think they should be playing. . . at least hold the fort down against Leeds. I'm looking at the likes of Matic, James, Lingard, Mata etc. No excuse for them as they will likely be needed in some capacity early on.

saivet

DDG didn't play but Spain did make the SF, while Lindelof played in one of the last Ro16 matches. Had no idea McT isn't back yet though, bit of a strange one considering they went out in the groups.

UpWithRivers

After all the excitement of new signings its gonna be Lingard, James and Periera starting against Leeds and Southampton isnt it. :eek:

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
It's not just the Euros lot, it's also Fred and Cavani who were at Copa and now Amad and Bailly who are at the Olympics.

We're going into the season with basically our entire first team squad - minus AWB and Greenwood - potentially lacking in fitness/match readiness.

I guess we won't know until players return to training, and I'd expect the likes of Bruno, McSauce and Maguire to hit the ground running, but I reckon we could be in for a very slow start.

Expect to see a fair amount of Elanga and Lingard in and around the team in the first few weeks too.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
After all the excitement of new signings its gonna be Lingard, James and Periera starting against Leeds and Southampton isnt it. :eek:
Oh yeah - how comes James is back when Wales went out of the Euros at the same time as France and Sweden, and after Scotland?

redshaw

Oh yeah - how comes James is back when Wales went out of the Euros at the same time as France and Sweden, and after Scotland?
Probably with the amount he played last season.

Our first 11-15 players need some recovery time, the accumulation of games is a big concern.

charlenefan

Change the thread title to 'when are the lads lunching'

saivet

Is everyone due to be back at training today? Or everyone apart from the England players?

charlenefan

No Sancho, Pogba or Martial on the training camp to Scotland, only new additions to the group being Maguire, Lindelof and De Gea

w1thout

Is Luke still out with a broken rib?
What's up with Martial's injury?
Where are Fred, Cavani, Pogba, Sancho?
And shouldn't Amad and Bailly be back from the Olympics?
And has anybody seen footage of Mctominay training with the squad?

So many question marks with less than two weeks to go.

charlenefan

Is Luke still out with a broken rib?
What's up with Martial's injury?
Where are Fred, Cavani, Pogba, Sancho?
And shouldn't Amad and Bailly be back from the Olympics?
And has anybody seen footage of Mctominay training with the squad?

So many question marks with less than two weeks to go.
don't know
not sure
unknown
no idea
no

hope that helped

charlenefan

Looks like Shaw is back as well

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
My Scottish cousin, McRams, says he saw the squad getting pissed and eating fried mars bars at his local chippie. This season is going to be a nightmare.