Are there 2 more frustrating players to watch than Sanchez and Pogba in the league?

Josep Dowling

But seriously there is nothing wrong with bringing coaches in to help your team. It's almost ironic as Jose did a similar thing under Sir Bobby Robson and LvG.
I feel the the team just isn’t complete. I know it should be after the money spent but it just isn’t. It lacks balance. All our attack is on the left hand side. It is too predictable and easy to defend against.

For me RW and LB are the most obvious places we need sorting out. As in buy a player where that is their natural position. We almost need a wing back overhaul like Man City did last season. Also a CM with the likely departure of Fellaini and retirement of Carrick.

In terms of management who do you want to replace Mourinho? Guardiola is probably the only coach better than Jose right now. I like Pochettino but Spurs is an ‘easy’ job, there is no pressure to win anything, he is already surpassing expectations. I think it would be a massive step up for him.

Other than that Klopp can never join, Conté is just no, Simeone is even more defensive than Jose.

Web of Bissaka

He and pogba are too similar.
They need to gel, improve their chemistry and agree on few critical things when playing together, so as not to get in each other's way. Similar to Rooney and Tevez, similar playstyle, yet both negotiate and take turns at certain specific things, to a point they make use of their similarities to great effects. Hasn't happened yet with Pogba and Alexis.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I feel the the team just isn’t complete. I know it should be after the money spent but it just isn’t. It lacks balance. All our attack is on the left hand side. It is too predictable and easy to defend against.

For me RW and LB are the most obvious places we need sorting out. As in buy a player where that is their natural position. We almost need a wing back overhaul like Man City did last season. Also a CM with the likely departure of Fellaini and retirement of Carrick.

In terms of management who do you want to replace Mourinho? Guardiola is probably the only coach better than Jose right now. I like Pochettino but Spurs is an ‘easy’ job, there is no pressure to win anything, he is already surpassing expectations. I think it would be a massive step up for him.

Other than that Klopp can never join, Conté is just no, Simeone is even more defensive than Jose.

You have your views on what we need and I agree we do need strengthening; but we still should be performing better than this, in terms of cohesion, understanding and our attacking. I ask myself; why are we not doing this? For we've got fairly talented squad. I see that team like Swansea, who managed to play truly excellent football under 3 different managers in recent years. And then I ask myself - why, again?

As for who else other than Mourinho? I've no answer for that. Jupp Heykens, maybe? If he's going to be let go again by Bayern. After that I don't see no clear pedegee. It's all gambles after that imo.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
THere was one point at 2-2 where Palace got to the byline in our box and easily could have scored, all because Pogba couldn't be bothered to jog a bit faster to get to the ball, even though he could clearly see the danger there the whole time.

Comparing that to Sanchez running round like a maniac and being guilty of trying too hard is an absolute joke.

Sanchez I have confidence will find his form because the attitude is spot on. He's just very frustrating when it isn't coming off and he starts trying to force things. Pogba you can't say that about when it's impossible to tell whether he is sulking or strutting and constantly seems to be one or the other...I mean, he looked alive in the first half and wasn't terrible...but we stuck the mystical extra midfielder in to give him this freedom everyone kept banging on about, and what did he actually do? Rashford offered more attacking creativity within 2 minutes of coming on.

eat_grass

They're both very frustrating because we've seen what they're capable of this season when they're clicking. Pogba has dominated a few games this season (apparently in spite of Mourinho's non-coaching, sh*t-tactics presence on the sidelines), yet these last four matches he's been below average. Sanchez had two very good games out of his first three with United, but has since regressed badly.

It's so bad, even Lukaku and Pogba had the knives out for each other against Crystal Palace early in the second half -- and they're best friends.

I think Pogba (and the rest of the offense) looked a lot better in the second half after Mata was subbed on. Maybe a player like Mata is the missing ingredient.

Djemba-Djemba

THere was one point at 2-2 where Palace got to the byline in our box and easily could have scored, all ecause Pogba couldn't be bothered to jog a bit faster to get to the ball, even though he could clearly see the danger there the whole time.

Comparing that to Sanchez running round like a maniac and being guilty of trying too hard is an absolute joke.

Sanchez I have confidence will find his form because the attitude is spot on. He's just very frustrating when it isn't coming off and he starts trying to force things. Pogba you can't say that about when it's impossible to tell whether he is sulking or strutting and constantly seems to be one or the other...I mean, he looked alive in the first half...but we stuck the mystical extra midfielder in to give him this freedom everyone kept banging on about, and what did he actually do? Rashford offered more attacking creativity within 2 minutes of coming on.
I fecking lost it at that bit.

He just stopped running after him, like he'd pulled a hamstring. But he wasn't injured or anything, he just stopped.

What goes on in his head sometimes?

Fuzzy Dunlop

FFS, United win and you still have time to moan? Yes, Sanchez and Pogba are frustrating sometimes but for different reasons: Sanchez is gung-ho, runs like a madman and tries too much (I like it); Pogba switches on and off, overhits passes and can't (or can't be bothered to) defend for shit. I think that they will come good, but there's a lot of work to be done - the kind of work that can't be completely done this season, sadly.

... But "most frustrating players in the league"? Hell no. Go watch Arsenal if you want to know what "frustration" really means. Or rewatch some clips of Nani and Kagawa blunders for some perspective.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
To be fair to them both, they both dug in and contributed a great deal to the 2nd half turn-around.

That said, I don't think that they play well together in general, and I wouldn't start Pogba against Liverpool.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They're both very frustrating.

Sanchez can be too erratic and inconsistent in his play. This was mentioned by other posters when we signed him, and I dismissed it at the time. I thought he was a lot more composed and accurate in his general play. Pogba has a lot growing to do. When games are tight and teams close down space he just becomes extremely average. Defensively he cannot be relied on. He often defends like a forward would.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
THere was one point at 2-2 where Palace got to the byline in our box and easily could have scored, all because Pogba couldn't be bothered to jog a bit faster to get to the ball, even though he could clearly see the danger there the whole time.

Sanchez I have confidence will find his form because the attitude is spot on. He's just very frustrating when it isn't coming off and he starts trying to force things. Pogba you can't say that about when it's impossible to tell whether he is sulking or strutting and constantly seems to be one or the other...I mean, he looked alive in the first half and wasn't terrible...but we stuck the mystical extra midfielder in to give him this freedom everyone kept banging on about, and what did he actually do? Rashford offered more attacking creativity within 2 minutes of coming on.
If Real, or some other club (abroad) offered upwards of 70m for Pogba, would you take it this Summer?

I just find myself losing faith in him becoming the player we need him to be more and more. I don't doubt his ability to produce class moments, but his ability to bring complete performances is what I doubt.

I said in another thread, I wouldn't start him against Liverpool if other options are available.

I like him a lot as a character, but I just think it's getting to the point where I feel on the pitch it's maybe not possible to find the correct balance with him in the first 11.

meamth

FFS, United win and you still have time to moan? Yes, Sanchez and Pogba are frustrating sometimes but for different reasons: Sanchez is gung-ho, runs like a madman and tries too much (I like it); Pogba switches on and off, overhits passes and can't (or can't be bothered to) defend for shit. I think that they will come good, but there's a lot of work to be done - the kind of work that can't be completely done this season, sadly.

... But "most frustrating players in the league"? Hell no. Go watch Arsenal if you want to know what "frustration" really means. Or rewatch some clips of Nani and Kagawa blunders for some perspective.
This thread is bizarre. Be grateful we won an away game like that.

Sereques

Players that are not afraid to try new things tend to frustrate some united fans.

Velvet Revolver

There are games in which they can be effective and certain games in which what they try doesn't come off. All players go through this phase.

Sanchez is playing with 10 new players, you can see that he is working his socks off, it is a matter of time

Granted Pogba was a little lethargic today. But he can still do a magic turn or a 40-yard pass and change the game.

Give them a break

it feels like people need to find one or two players to blame after every game. Why can't you just enjoy the game and move on!

Morpheus 7

They are in poor form at the moment but are fantastic players. Pogba was our best player up until the arsenal suspension. He makes us tick when he's at it. We look like individuals and have no team cohesion when he's not playing well. Sanchez has moved to a new club and changing system, getting to know his team mates still. You can see it with them not reading his passing or movement. Again he's not playing well but not worried. Pogba and Sanchez are top players and will be big in our future, very confident about that.

The real question is why thread's are setup during a game, more patience and less reactionary nonsense please. Watch the game and enjoy a good night for the club.

Fridge chutney

They are in poor form at the moment but are fantastic players. Pogba was our best player up until the arsenal suspension. He makes us tick when he's at it. We look like individuals and have no team cohesion when he's not playing well. Sanchez has moved to a new club and changing system, getting to know his team mates still. You can see it with them not reading his passing or movement. Again he's not playing well but not worried. Pogba and Sanchez are top players and will be big in our future, very confident about that.

The real question is why thread's are setup during a game, more patience and less reactionary nonsense please. Watch the game and enjoy a good night for the club.
Great post, fully agree.

They are learning to play together. Coupled with Pogba' s slump and it seems worse than it is.

They'll click.

Vernon Philander

I've got far more time for Sanchez and his annoying traits like losing the ball.

He works his socks off helping getting possession back as quick as possible, and setting off another attack. He's proven quality, the end product will come once he has settled in better.

Pogba, whilst has his moments, always seems a lapse away from handing a chance to the opponent. More worrying imo.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
No. They're not being coached. Look at Sanchez at Arsenal.. Okay he still gave the ball away but he ran riot as well. Look at Pogba for Juve. He was sensational at times.

They're frustrating because Jose doesn't know how to utilise them properly.
This, and it's not like these are some unblooded youngsters, there is plenty of evidence of their quality when they played elsewhere and it's not like the weather in Manchester made them turn shit overnight.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I would throw in Martial as well. Those 3 are easily among the most talented individual Footballers on the planet right now but there is no understanding between them.
Although Lukaku is not as easy on the eye he is the best Team Player out of our attacking Players and is doing a good Job in my books. Should get much more Support by the Players behind him.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I thought Pogba had a decent game last night as it goes. Did some good things with the ball in tight spots.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"

On the other hand, Sanchez gave the ball away more times than I could count and Pogba used the ball better than anyone on the pitch. I know which I prefer.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I would throw in Martial as well. Those 3 are easily among the most talented individual Footballers on the planet right now but there is no understanding between them.
Although Lukaku is not as easy on the eye he is the best Team Player out of our attacking Players and is doing a good Job in my books. Should get much more Support by the Players behind him.
Martial actually links up really well with Lukaku.

Sanchez will come good hopefully, it just looks like the slump he's had at Arsenal has been multiplied trying to fit into a new side that was already struggling to put together cohesive attacking displays.

Pogba is badly out of form, he needs a couple of weeks were we pick up easy wins and he can play himself back into form. A goal would also do him the world of good.

sosolid4u09

No. They're not being coached. Look at Sanchez at Arsenal.. Okay he still gave the ball away but he ran riot as well. Look at Pogba for Juve. He was sensational at times.

They're frustrating because Jose doesn't know how to utilise them properly.
You don't need a coach to tell you to pass the ball straight or to stop running into players

GBBQ

Sanchez can be chalked down to a new team and high expectations. He wouldn't be the first player to need a preseason before properly bedding in.

Pogba, on the other hand, looks like his head is not in it. All his good play from the start of the season has receded and now he's going down the Stevie G route of trying to win every game with a Hollywood pass.

ValenciaRocks

Pogba’s obsession with branding and social media is the reason he’s not at De Bruyne’s level. If he had the dedication of Ronaldo, he would be like Zidane. But instead he’s got the mental age of a teenager. Obsessed with haircuts and social media and partying. I’m just sick of it. Grow up for feck sake.
Completely agree with this.

He needs to grow up now. I honestly think Mourinho would drop him against Liverpool if it wasn’t for Herreras injury. The problem is that we have very little cover in central midfield and I feel that Carrick lacks the pace to cope with the Liverpool font trio. The lad needs to realise that he has nowhere near "made it" to the top yet. He needs to realise that he isn’t irreplaceable and that getting into the first team means that you play your heart out every game.

He definitely has that raw talent and he is almost impossible to dispossess when he’s on the ball and at his best - using his strength and ball control.

As for Sanchez, he will become a much better player next season no doubt about that. I think he is trying almost too hard and needs to think a bit more about what he is doing. He needs to start trying to run at defenders from the wing and it is ridiculous how many times he gives the ball away at the minute. I felt Mata did a much better job when he came on yesterday to be honest. I would be tempted to start with Mata against Liverpool instead of Sanchez. Then bring Sanchez on fresh for the last 20/30 mins. I feel he needs a rest.

Maybe something like this against the scousers:

De Gea

Valencia Bailly Smalling Young/Shaw

Matic

Mata Pogba

Lingard Rashford/Martial

Lukaku

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
They’re both gash. Incredibly frustrating to watch.

Pogba’s obsession with branding and social media is the reason he’s not at De Bruyne’s level. If he had the dedication of Ronaldo, he would be like Zidane. But instead he’s got the mental age of a teenager. Obsessed with haircuts and social media and partying. I’m just sick of it. Grow up for feck sake.
Ronaldo has the same obsession with social media and branding that Pogba has. It's about his application on the pitch not off it that's the problem. Lingard is another who is completely obsessed with social media, yet you don't see it affect his on field performances.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Ozil
Ramsey
The whole Arsenal squad in fact
Morata
Hazard -when he feels like opting out
Delle Alli

I would say they are all as frustrating if not more.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ozil and Mkhitaryan in a big game that matters a lot and when the pressure is huge.

Acole9

Outstanding
It was non stop Hollywood balls from those two in the first half, it was doing my head in. Carragher and Neville said they were playing like kids in the playground.

mufcneville

Wouldn't say that Sanchez is frustrating, he's at least fighting. He'll be better and better.

Pogba though, incredibly frustrating - like a child sometimes. Grow a pair ffs.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
So this is only about United players?

Okay then Anderson and Cleverley.
One can't run for 90 mins, one only does side passes for 90 mins.

It didn't happen in every game but they were still miles behind Pogba and Sanchez.
At least Sanchez put a lot of effort.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Memphis Depay is by far the most frustrating player I've ever watched. He's not as talented as Pogba and Alexis ofcourse, but he's still quite talented and could be a fine player if not for his mind shatteringly daft decision making.

Also Berbatov could be a bit frustrating with his sleep walking-esque effort.

AdamAdams

I think Sanchez hold onto ball for too long..He should release much quicker..United missed many opportunities because Sanchez was too busy getting full control of the ball.
Don't think Sanchez has got used to our lack of movement when he's got the ball. As a team we wait / expect for the person on the ball to do something great with it every time but more often than not it's hoofed upfield or backwards / sideways. Mata's movement helped create space last night.