Are Utd Making You Depressed?

Jericholyte2

This one hurts, as I’ve had a fecking shite day, feeling like shit, then we give away that fecking lead like a bunch of fecking bottle jobs!!!

Want to punch a fecking hole in the door or smash up the whole fecking kitchen set.

cnuts!

Tyrion

Not really, I am always busy with my job and life in general. Supporting united is a minuscule part of my life that its insignificant.
This is what all football fans should think. Anyone who becomes depressed over a bunch of millionaires underperforming need to take a look at themselves.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
This is an incurable malaise. I don't think we will ever be as good. At least I won't live long enough to see that.

AaronRedDevil

This is what all football fans should think. Anyone who becomes depressed over a bunch of millionaires underperforming need to take a look at themselves.
Nah for a lot of people this is what they look forward too because nothing else interest them. I'm the same. I like watching united (10 years ago) and it made every week better. Gave me something to look forward too.

yipthatman

For some people, United playing is the biggest event of the week. On top of other things going on in their life, it could really affect the mood if you let it. I have to remind myself 'It's only entertainment'.

Anyone feeling depressed should get some old classic highlights on youtube. Instant pick-me-up.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Have to say I’m just feeling pretty abject. Struggling to care as much as I should beyond deep disappointment. Really set this season up in my mind as a big one, heading into it with Ronaldo, top class squad, settled manager and it’s all gone wrong from there. Ragnick coming in gave me some renewed hope but if anything we are playing worse now.

AndySmith1990

For some people, United playing is the biggest event of the week. On top of other things going on in their life, it could really affect the mood if you let it. I have to remind myself 'It's only entertainment'.

Anyone feeling depressed should get some old classic highlights on youtube. Instant pick-me-up.
That's all well and good if watching United was literally the only thing to do in life. But there are so many hobbies and forms of entertainment out there, that if United are genuinely making a person miserable they should seriously consider finding another hobby that improves their state of mind.

redshaw

Perhaps non plus is more accurate at the continuing demise, just watching on in bemusement really. It's rinse and repeat with Ralf as well. The people at the club keep doing what they do, experts in wasting money and poor hires.

Litch

No, it's football. There are more things to worry about.....

Tyrion

Nah for a lot of people this is what they look forward too because nothing else interest them. I'm the same. I like watching united (10 years ago) and it made every week better. Gave me something to look forward too.

Feck all happens in my life and even I don’t get depressed over United.

Completely disagree.
I get getting frustrated but if you're depressed over it, you need to grow up. It's no different than becoming depressed over the last few seasons of Game of Thrones being shit or your favourite band breaking up.

salfordlad

When I was a young lad it would have bothered me, but now as I approach 70 I'm not arsed.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Have to say I’m just feeling pretty abject. Struggling to care as much as I should beyond deep disappointment. Really set this season up in my mind as a big one, heading into it with Ronaldo, top class squad, settled manager and it’s all gone wrong from there. Ragnick coming in gave me some renewed hope but if anything we are playing worse now.
We definitely played better in patches today. Against Wolves and Villa in the Cup we were proper dire. Having said that I don't think Rangnick has enough time this season to make us qualify for Europe.

yipthatman

I get getting frustrated but if you're depressed over it, you need to grow up. It's no different than becoming depressed over the last few seasons of Game of Thrones being shit or your favourite band breaking up.
Yes but some people have actual depression. Maybe you don't. I don't currently but I have had in the past and a bad game can really do you.

RedBanker

I love you Ole

Frustration built up over last 9 years mate. So many false dawns. And every time we seem to be sliding further and further down.

Shark

@NotShark
Depression is abit rich but they don’t do my mood much good. Infact they put me in a shite mood. :lol:
United wouldn't solely make one depressed, there would need to be a trigger already there, which is surely the case with many feeling it.

Tyrion

Yes but some people have actual depression. Maybe you don't. I don't currently but I have had in the past and a bad game can really do you.
I'm on medication for anxiety and "low mood". I've found it helps to just treat sport as fun. That's all it is. We can't do anything about it.

ForeverRed1

United wouldn't solely make one depressed, there would need to be a trigger already there, which is surely the case with many feeling in.
The question asked if they are making you depressed, not if they are helping you be depressed.

they certainly don’t help people who already are feeling low though that’s for sure.

They dont help any united fans mood.

Charlie Foley

I don’t feel depressed by it no. I do feel however that watching United is more and more of an emotional come down than the pinnacle of my week(end) it used to be. 49ers getting into the playoffs and Klay Thompson coming back for the warriors was a real emotional high last Sunday, and I didn’t feel the same about our cup game on Monday-I still watched and wanted us to win but more out of duty than any sense of “United are going to play well” or this will be an enjoyable 2 hours. It wasn’t. Today we played better but terrible way to end it.

Modern football in general is quite soulless anyway, which doesn’t help. That super league business really pissed me off.

RedRJ

This one hurts, as I’ve had a fecking shite day, feeling like shit, then we give away that fecking lead like a bunch of fecking bottle jobs!!!

Want to punch a fecking hole in the door or smash up the whole fecking kitchen set.

cnuts!
YEP

Shark

@NotShark
The question asked if they are making you depressed, not if they are making you be depressed.

they certainly don’t help people who already are feeling low though that’s for sure.

They dont help any united fans mood.
Not at all, that's my point. Depression isn't just being in a bad mood.

Chairman Steve

Our central midfield options depresses me. It’s the root cause for why we didn’t win in my opinion. It’s been a woefully neglected area under Solskjaer and I hope Ralf has decided he’s seen enough and buys a central midfielder this month… because Matic and Fred did not control anything in that second half.

Elanga was fun to watch and the first half was a good watch.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I am always happy when I realize I am free and we have a game on TV, only for it to ruin my day every friggin time.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Depressed is a bit of a stretch but it’s definitely deflating.

I don’t understand why we do and try the same things from manager to manager, and expect things to be any different.

I was delighted to see Elanga start today and thought it was the wrong call to take him off, especially with Cavani looking so tired. We seem scared to go full hog with the younger lads. Would it have been so bad to have put Greenwood through the middle and left Elanga on with Sancho to the right? It’s a gamble but it gives us energy and it was clear that Cavani was running out of steam.

why do we push Bruno so far forward and leave our midfield so exposed?

these seem to be the same things/questions I have had for the past few seasons and it’s so frustrating.

Fooza

Mata, Matic, Fred, McT, and so many other average inconsistent players I can't be asked to write down who just stay at this club for years and years. They play so many average/rubbish games but hey, they get a goal or 1 good game and that'll reward longer games, just piss poor board who just ain't ruthless enough.

If we really want to be at the top, enough with sticking players who are never going to be at the top. Get rid FFS. Also, get in players who ain't your typical expensive player, our scouts are piss poor. Just no vision in this club, depressing.

Knowing UTD we won't get a midfielder in because we're only interested in a declan rice at 100m, and not bothered about anyone else.

Water Melon

Not really, I am always busy with my job and life in general. Supporting united is a minuscule part of my life that its insignificant.
This is how it should be, to be honest. Kudos to you.

always_hoping

Makes one annoyed than depressed.

I also follow amateur sports, the team I follow delivers great commitment, passion and desire and they aren't getting paid a penny to do so.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It's a big ask for us not to be outplayed in every game whether we scramble a win or not.

Being able to play football to the point where we dominate games is a distant memory. Watching us is not enjoyable; I feel more anger and disappointment when we're on than sadness, especially so if I've watched the teams we'd like to believe we're competing with beforehand as that makes it abundantly clear how bad we are in no uncertain terms.

Times past, even if we were bad, there were kids to focus on and we don’t have that anymore.

Jacko21

Age brings perspective. Life happens and you realise where football fits in the grand scheme of things.

But I do feel very disillusioned at the moment. The club leave me feeling cold. There's little to identify with. And little to connect to. Which is a great shame.