g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Are we in danger of relegation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
2 wins in 12 games and 15 goals in 17 games is definitely relegation form, but the board will sack Ole and buy players before it gets that bad, so no.
How is there not at least some danger with form like that?

Classical Mechanic

I don’t think we will be at danger of relegation but we will be closer to the relegation zone in January than we will be the Top 4.
Funnily enough were still only 3 points off 4th. I think we need to be positive and hope that once we get Martial back we can progress a bit.

Djemba-Djemba

It shows you the mess we are in, when a thread asking if we could be in a relegation battle isn't a total joke thread anymore.

I mean it's unlikely, and I don't think we're quite that bad, but the fact I can't totally rule it out says it all.

Infra-red

No. But it does look like the lower end of the preseason predictions (6th-8th) are more likely to be accurate than those who thought we'd scrape in to the top 4.

Certainly on course to be our worst Premier League season ever.

R'hllor

Not a chance, we will be mathematically out of top 4 in December and new manager will come, rebound will happen, which will earns us enough points to survive relegation.

Enigma_87

You know who
9 points in 7 games. We will be just ok if we continue with this form.

We won't be engaged in the relegation battle but bottom half finish is on the cards.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Isn't the next 6 of our 7 games away from home? How's Ole's away form?

M15 Red.

We're in relegation form right now, especially on the road, but we won't be involved in a relegation battle this season. We'll end up 6th to 10th.

Banana Republic

Looking at next weekend’s full set of EPL fixtures and likely results, a draw at Newcastle means we’ll be between 10th and 13th. We can’t get any higher than 10th with a draw.

If we then lose to Liverpool at OT, looking again at the other games over that weekend, we are probably going to be somewhere between 12th and 16th.

Next up is Norwich and Bournemouth away.
With some of the other bottom half clubs playing each other, getting 3 points out of those two games is vital to just treading water.
Anything less and we’re going to be hovering just above the drop zone.

Newcastle is a must win. A draw won’t be good enough to avoid dropping into the scramble just above the relegation places.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Anything is possible in football. There’s more chance of us getting relegated than winning the Premier League.

The Ole experiment has failed. We need a manager that can actually coach the fecking players and we need that now before this does become a catastrophic disaster.

Seb burrow

We just need to get the squad fit again. I do think the likes of Shaw and Martial are becoming very unreliable so we need to looking into that - defo a LB needs to be added to the ever growing shopping list

izec

we should be fine, we will probably get to 40 points with a bit of hard work and some bumps on the road

AFC NimbleThumb

Hopefully.

Finishing 6th or just outside of a European place doesn’t seem to be doing the trick.

Personally think we need a disaster season, where we end up out of European competition & ‘big’ players can leave to pursue European football; leaving us with somewhat of a blank canvas.

My only worry is we seem to sell players without replacing them now so even if the Pogba’s go we won’t be reinvesting those funds appropriately [imo].

izec

Anything is possible in football. There’s more chance of us getting relegated than winning the Premier League.

The Ole experiment has failed. We need a manager that can actually coach the fecking players and we need that now before this does become a catastrophic disaster.
i agree. It wont get better under him, it will either be as bad or get even worse. He had plenty of time to make it better if it was going to happen, we would see some signs by now.

SteveW

We drew with Arsenal tonight due to an individual error. You'd swear we'd been spanked 5-nil by Watford the way people are going on.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Not really. But we definitely can match that chelsea 2015-16 season.

M15 Red.

Hopefully.

Finishing 6th or just outside of a European place doesn’t seem to be doing the trick.

Personally think we need a disaster season, where we end up out of European competition & ‘big’ players can leave to pursue European football; leaving us with somewhat of a blank canvas.

My only worry is we seem to sell players without replacing them now so even if the Pogba’s go we won’t be reinvesting those funds appropriately [imo].
Hopefully a disaster season with all our best players leaving? When has that ever worked for any team, ever?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No, we will finish about 8th

Will Singh

I can’t see it happening ever but it doesn’t take much to be in the dog fight when your out of form and just ain’t got a clue how to manage a football club.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
No way, but a midtable finish and the lowest since SAF left is definitely on the cards. Possibility we could finish in the bottom half for sure.

AFC NimbleThumb

Hopefully a disaster season with all our best players leaving? When has that ever worked for any team, ever?
I’ve been a huge defender of Pogba in his s*** show of a thread but it’s come to a point where he’s best served to leave.

Example. I would consider Maguire another one of our ‘best’ players, wouldn’t want him leaving though.

Jog on.

tomaldinho1

I read the title, thought 'what a wum the OP is' then thought about it and nearly shat myself given our form.

It's highly unlikely but we'll be forever in danger of dropping points when we carry so little goal threat. Look at Arsenal, they were worse than us but they have a top striker and he gets a chance, he scores it and rescues a point for them. I can see us outdoing Chelsea's third season under Mou when he got sacked the 2nd time though.

Cockney Phil

In 1974 we rallied near the end of season but it was too late and we were relegated. Time is the problem - it’s running away from us and we’re not improving by a significant level.
If by the end of November and the situation has not improved we will be in a precarious position.

Red00012

To me, it looks like there is an outside chance we could be sucked into the relegation battle this season.

We don’t have anyone who can score goals, and that always spells danger for supposedly mid table sides.

I think we could be a long term injury to Pogba away from being in big, big trouble.
Lock this thread and this WUM

fergiesarmy1

I think we are going to see the relegation zone in the next month or 2 but then eventually finish in the top half, what a time to be a united fan :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If you lose at Newcastle and then Liverpool turn over then you might actually be just above dotted line in two weeks.

We're in bottom 3 and I'm hopeful of 4 points from Norwich and Brighton which is our next two and so we'd then be on 9 points with similar GD.

I think you'll beat Newcastle though as they really are a relegation standard 11 this season so back to squeezing into top half.

Edit: You seem to be shaping up to having the season Liverpool did in 2010/11. Poor start to the season hardly scoring any goals and they actually were in the bottom 3 in Mid October.

Only difference is they got their club legend (Dalglish) back halfway through the season and slowly improved. Think they finished about 8th in the end.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
There’s like a 1% chance of it happening. Probably more chance of Burnley or Southampton finishing top four to put it in perspective. It could happen, but almost certainly won’t.

There’s little to choose between us, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Leicester for top four, although I’d prefer the points on the board of others.

UnitedChampionsAgain

If we can't score more than 1 goal per game we could definitely end up scrapping it out in the bottom three. After all if we struggle against the likes of Rochdale why should we expect to beat Brighton, Villa etc. If we do slip into such a situation I wouldn't bet a penny on our current lot having enough desire to fight their way out.

Lee565

We will definitely finish lower than we did under Moyes if Solskjear stays til the end of the season, I think some players will be wanting out come January as well

Tahith Chong on the Bong

No not this year. But how is this going to change. what is going to happen next summer? I don't see us linked with any manager or players that are going to change this round.

So we wont get relegated next season - but it could happen in the near future.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
No - but we will be lucky to even finish in any European spot this year, sneak into top 10 just about

Status
Not open for further replies.