g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Are we in danger of relegation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I mean we're 4 points from relegation and 12 points from the top of the league.

Having said that - 10th is just about right to our quality. Hopefully, we can get the Allardyce classic of 40 points to stay up.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
We’ll be in relegation battle if our injury crisis persists. Otherwise, a comfortable mid table finish.

0le

Would he funny if we get relegated and qualified for the CL by winning the Europa League.
I think there have been a few times when a championship club has played in the Europa League or its equivalent, but I don't think the scenario you suggest has ever occurred. Would be incredible if it did, but for all the wrong reasons.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Funnily enough were still only 3 points off 4th. I think we need to be positive and hope that once we get Martial back we can progress a bit.
Wouldn't put too much faith in Martial. Takes him about 18 games to find his match fitness after an injury. That's when he decides to show up again.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I think there have been a few times when a championship club has played in the Europa League or its equivalent, but I don't think the scenario you suggest has ever occurred. Would be incredible if it did, but for all the wrong reasons.
Imagine if we won the CL but got relegated from the Championship, this qualifying for the CL again as winners as a League 1 club.

Banana Republic

What usual happens in the bottom half of the table, once we’re about a third way into the season; is that most of the bottom half clubs keep leapfrogging each other, jockeying for position, but staying down there not being able to rise out of it unless they can put a run of 3 or 4 wins together.
Basically, once down there you’re stuck in a bottom of the table struggle, possibly dicing with the risk of dropping into the relegation zone, unless you can find the form to string a run of wins together and manage to creep up towards mid table.
It’s very hard to get out of it.
That’s the danger if our fortunes don’t turn around in the next few games.
Look ahead to the fixtures and tell me, on our current form and with the squad we’ve got, where is a good run going to come from before December?

GGT

People suggesting relegation have their head in the clouds, it isn't a possibility.

Having said that, worse is the people that suggest if it was a possibility come January we would just buy our way out of trouble.
If that scenario happened who do these posters would agree to come to OT and possibly put themselves on line to be part of a Manchester United team that got relegated?

At the moment harry is going to be a laughing stock, if lecester qualify for CL, over us.

Branchofscience

If you can't win football matches and you can't score goals. Then there is every chance of being in a relegation battle. Moreover being in and around the bottom of the table requires a huge fight to get away from. Do these players look like they got the bottle to battle it out?

Teams can smell blood. The only saving grace is that there are 3 teams worse in the division.

varga92

No. We have 9 points from 7 games. It's shameful, but definitely not a relegation form. It's 1.285 points per game. It means if we continue this record we will have 49 points after 38 rounds. Last season Palace had the same. They were 12th. I don't think we can underachieve that.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
It's like some form of cruel joke. It was top 2, then top 4 and now it's a battle for 6th is the measure of success.
Well at some point we have to face the reality..... top 2 is impossible, and we are still some distance behind top 4 level too, but top 6 is still achievable. Yes we have fallen that far.

To be fair, we are currently at 10th place, a mid-table club with mid-table kind of performances week in and week out. We need to work harder to keep up the pace in top 6.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
We have 9 goals in 7 games. That's middle of the pack form, not relegation form. Look at the bottom of the table. Teams with 4 and 5 goals. But feck me...City has 27 goals already. That's almost 4 per game. Makes me sick to my stomach...

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
To me, it looks like there is an outside chance we could be sucked into the relegation battle this season.

We don’t have anyone who can score goals, and that always spells danger for supposedly mid table sides.

I think we could be a long term injury to Pogba away from being in big, big trouble.
No. We have the money to panic buy our way our of any such trouble....

Tarrou

I don’t we will but it’s not that crazy. We’re a few bad injuries away on current form.

Rajma

I don’t we will but it’s not that crazy. We’re a few bad injuries away on current form.
Yes, an injury to Pogba and Maguire will see us struggling and you can never underestimate a bad (good) momentum. You just need to go back as far as final Chelsea season under Jose for confirmation and they had serial winners across the pitch to boot.

Slysi17

To those people who are dismissing us being near the relegation zone, are you fecking serious? I can definitely see it as playing defensive and aiming to win 1 - 0 isn't sustainable. That's what a team like Crystal Palace does. Ole has no clue. However I don't see us getting relegated as Ole will surely get sacked if we are near the relegation zone.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Imagine if we won the CL but got relegated from the Championship, this qualifying for the CL again as winners as a League 1 club.
I’d unzip my pants, grab my cock, make popcorn, and head straight to the RAWK/Bluemoon Goes Into Meltdown threads. In that order.

MisterLupus

We drew and were on equal terms and then some with Arsenal despite three key players being sidelined in an already thin squad consisting of newly promoted youths. Of course we'll be relegated - but then again the Glazers won't have that so they'll probably just pack Old Trafford up and ship it to Utah one brick at the time instead registering us for Major League. We should all join a monastery and focus on pondering the riddles of existence again - Manchester United is doomed for sure.

.Phil1968

They said last night this was our worst start for 30 years.This season mirrors 1989 so much, big money signings , a great first game and then it all went to shite including the last time we lost at home to palace before the other week.
We hung precariously above the bottom 3 for large parts of the season and it was only a 2-0 win at home to villa on April 17th with 2 Mark Robin's goals ( his second was a beauty ) that made us mathematically safe.
The season is best remembered for Fergie's first United trophy but it was a nail biting time.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We drew and were on equal terms and then some with Arsenal despite three key players being sidelined in an already thin squad consisting of newly promoted youths. Of course we'll be relegated - but then again the Glazers won't have that so they'll probably just pack Old Trafford up and ship it to Utah one brick at the time instead registering us for Major League. We should all join a monastery and focus on pondering the riddles of existence again - Manchester United is doomed for sure.
Arsenal did have players missing, they were away from home

United Hobbit

I really hope not and I'd like to think the board will act promptly if it looks like its going that way (though relegation shouldn't even be a consideration!)

The worrying problem is we seem to struggle with the "relegation battling" type clubs as they will just pack the team defensively and sit back.

I think it depends on various factors I dont think itll happen but like people say it could be like that Chelsea season. They are starting to show positive signs under Lampard

-we need to go all out for the Europa but with a small squad this could hit our league form with injuries etc

-we need at least a striker and midfielder in January but who is there available and will we end up panic signing?

- If we sack OGS who do we replace him with? Will they be able to motivate this team and get results? Yes people want Pochettino but Spurs arent doing great either

-will the problems higher up eg signing a DOF and moving Ed to the corporate only side finally be addressed or will the new manager find themselves in the same cycle?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Don't think we will get relegated, but that has been said before. Maybe someone said to follow the Manchester City route, but taking it too literally. We can forget about Top 4. To be honest unless we seriously strengthen the squad I would give EL a miss as well. We get too many injuries that are disruptive.

Hughes35

Danger? Possibly yes. Will it happen? No.

I do think we are more likely to finish bottom half than top 6 at this moment in time.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Imagine if this continued for 5 more seasons and we ended up being the only team in the northern premier league division one north west to be playing in the Champions League. Imagine how much Jadon Sancho will be ripping up the northern premier league division one north west.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Imagine if this continued for 5 more seasons and we ended up being the only team in the northern premier league division one north west to be playing in the Champions League. Imagine how much Jadon Sancho will be ripping up the northern premier league division one north west.
We cant beat rochdale in 90 minutes.

Rory 7

We’re pretty fortunate there are so many bad teams in this league. 10th pace finish is on the cards for me. I think Ole is going to be given two more transfer windows too. In fairness to him if he signs two or three in each of those windows that work he could turn this whole shop around. I’m prepared to suffer a mid-table finish to sort us out over the longer term.

Al-T

No. There will come a point in the season where - briefly - all of Martial, Rashford, Pogba, Shaw are fit and in form and we'll win a few on the bounce.

We should already be looking to recruit on January but Woodward's arse will be getting twitchy long before then if things don't pick up. Relegation is about the only thing that might prompt the Glazers to end his comfortable sinecure.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Think that's bit unrealistic, mate.

Reiver

I don't think we'll get relegated. But with our current manager, squad, coaching staff, 10th might well be our level. Possibly slightly lower. But not relegation.

Ainu

We've shown ourselves capable of relegation form over significant periods of time, that's bad enough. I do think we'll have enough periods of decent results to make up for it and get a mid-table finish though.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I don't think we'll go down but nobody should be in any doubt that our form is currently not far off bottom of the table stuff. The fact we just can't score is the biggest worry.

Letting Lukaku go, even though he was an ill fit for this club looks more of a poor judgement every match.

Suedesi

That'd be great, a relegation battle. Something to look forward to every weekend instead of this current United that just leaves numb.

MisterLupus

To those people who are dismissing us being near the relegation zone, are you fecking serious? I can definitely see it as playing defensive and aiming to win 1 - 0 isn't sustainable. That's what a team like Crystal Palace does. Ole has no clue. However I don't see us getting relegated as Ole will surely get sacked if we are near the relegation zone.
If that's what you're seeing then your TV is upside-down - either that or your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.