Are you happy?

How happy are you with our transfer dealings this Summer? (Players in and out)

• Total voters

prath92

Teenagers really should cost this much not tens of millions!
Just saw this headline:
LIVERPOOL SIGN BRAZILIAN YOUNGSTER ALLAN
The Reds are reported to have paid around £500,000 to secure the signing of the 18-year-old, who featured in three friendlies for the club's Under-21 side in the summer
This guy has barely played for his club's senior side. Martial was called up for his country.

BadgerDevil

I am reasonably happy with what actually occurred, but a little disappointed with what occurred compared to what the media said was going to occur. Obvious solution, delete my shortcuts to the media and only keep the official Man United link.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Very happy! De Gea stays! That's the best possible news.

If Martial can play striker and score a 15+ that would be huge, but I have no idea how to judge that one yet.

Darmian is a revelation, Blind at CB looks great, Shaw is playing a blinder, Schneiderlin looks solid though I don't think he's being allowed to show all his strengths in that dual holding roll.

Schweinsteigger I refuse to believe will be anything but huge once he gets his fitness up and fully recover from the injury he's coming back from.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Very happy. Excited to see how we can bore the shit out of the wonderful talent we have at our disposal.

BadgerDevil

I've been reading a number of pundits' analyzing the window, and they all seem to think we addressed the fullback issue and the midfield issue, but we ignored the center-half issue and created a forward issue. That last bit about forward, I would agree, but I strongly disagree with the center-half judgment. Here's why - the problem last season was down to lack of continuity at center half. Injuries, new "philosophy", changing formations, and shifting positions.
  • Blind, a predominately career halfback, had to cover DM for Carrick a lot of time and left back for Shaw some of the time.
  • Jones, McNair, and/or Smalling had to cover right back for Valencia and Rafael much of the time.
As a result of solving the right back and defensive midfield issues, we have simultaneously at least partially addressed central defense. We now have two right center backs (Smalling, Jones) and two left center backs (Blind, Rojo) who won't have other duties. Both fullbacks are backed up by last year's starters (Valencia and Young). This will provide some continuity, and should lead to the central defense stepping up their game. In addition, having a trained, dedicated holding midfielder (Schneiderlin, Carrick) available will greatly assist the center halves as they improve.

I would have loved to get Ramos, but don't think anyone else linked to MUFC would have improved the balance enough to pay the money. So, from that point of view, I am very happy about three of the four "issues" that needed addressing.

World Game

6.5/10 since Pedro was there for the taking. If either we got him or another big name attacker instead of him along with Martial then woulda been 9.5-10/10. If Pedro never existed then 8/10.

NessunDorma

Rooney, Ronaldo and world beaters do not belong in the same sentence.

Remove Rooney and we're talking.
At his peak, Rooney was a key player for a side that won the Champions League and the World Club Cup (in which he was named best player).

'World Beater' is a perfectly reasonable description of what he developed into.

(Never mind the numerous top ten finishes in the Balon d'Or award)

If Martial goes on to become as good and successful as that version of Rooney, we'll be laughing.

Last edited:

RedOldBoy

Rooney, Ronaldo and world beaters do not belong in the same sentence.

Remove Rooney and we're talking.
On his peak Rooney was tremendous. Remember the 09/10 season when we was virtually unstoppable in the Premier League. Although I do think that Rooney never realised his FULL potential, he was instrumental from 2006-2012

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Anyone choosing 5 or lower is being ridiculous. Also I think anyone expecting a guaranteed title challenge after 2 years is being ridiculous too, especially when City and Chelsea are and were so far ahead of us. We're bridging the gap, have patience.
I chose lower than 5.
The reason why I started supporting MUFC in the first place was attacking football.
I HATE zombie, negative, slow, boring football.

Back in the 90s, Arsenal were associated with winning games 1-0. This bored me no end. And this is now what we have become.
Under SAF, our attitude was if you score 1, we score 2. If you score 2, we score 4. If you score 3, we score 5. etc.
Attack = excitement and this is what is now completely lacking from our style of play.

To illustrate this point, in our 4 EPL games this season, we scored 3.
In our last 10 EPL games (including last season), we scored 6.

I'm not demanding that we win the title (we will need a striker who can score goals for this...which we wont have this season). But 0.6 goals per game - how can anybody on this forum be happy with that?

Will Singh

My biggest disappointment is we didn't sign a CB, Blind is a useful player but can't be relied on to be our 1st choice.

Memphis and Martial are ones for the future so we can't rely on them to produce the goods although they are capable of doing so!

For me our best signings have been Darmian and Schneiderlin who have been brilliant and much needed in our team. BFS will be brilliant once his fully fit and going and the knowledge he will give to the youth is priceless...

marlowe78

Everytime I see the title of this tread, I think of when I'm at the doctor's office. "Do you feel sad and hopeless?"

RedOldBoy

I chose lower than 5.
The reason why I started supporting MUFC in the first place was attacking football.
I HATE zombie, negative, slow, boring football.

Back in the 90s, Arsenal were associated with winning games 1-0. This bored me no end. And this is now what we have become.
Under SAF, our attitude was if you score 1, we score 2. If you score 2, we score 4. If you score 3, we score 5. etc.
Attack = excitement and this is what is now completely lacking from our style of play.

To illustrate this point, in our 4 EPL games this season, we scored 3.
In our last 10 EPL games (including last season), we scored 6.

I'm not demanding that we win the title (we will need a striker who can score goals for this...which we wont have this season). But 0.6 goals per game - how can anybody on this forum be happy with that?
I agree with this part but I'm afraid that the times where we played against the bottom half clubs and won 3 or 4-0 are long gone. Every team is now capable of beating any team in the Premier League, and this has to with the fact that every team can now go on and buy players not just the big teams. Yes we should be doing better but take into account that we have added a lot of new players into our squad that need to adapt to LVG's style and some even need to adapt to the league.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I am very happy with the transfer.

Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin instantly make our midfield one of strongest in the league/Europe

Darmian is as good as any best right back we could get in any market, very solid

Memphis and Martial is two of the best up and coming young forwards we could get, with tons of potential. Although their lack of experience means we shouldn't expect instant impact from them.

De Gea will stay with us for another year, Romero is good enough for backup, keeping 4 clean sheets in his first 6 matches for us isn't bad record at all

The only negatives is we could as well get another world class centre-back to partner with Smalling, and perhaps another more established striker or right winger up front. But I guess too many big changes isn't always the ideal case here. 5 new players featuring in the first team after one summer could be too many changes for us. We definitely need some continuity to improve from last season. Besides, Blind is like a new centre-back for us, and who knows Martial may solve some of our problems up front too as our season progress long.

Last edited:

Nik70

I am very happy with the transfer.

Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin instantly make our midfield one of strongest in the league/Europe

Darmian is as good as any best right back we could get in any market, very solid

Memphis and Martial is two of the best up and coming young forwards we could get, with tons of potential. Although their lack of experience means we shouldn't expect instant impact from them.

De Gea will stay with us for another year, Romero is good enough for backup, keeping 4 clean sheets in his first 6 matches for us isn't bad record at all

The only negatives is we could as well get another world class centre-back to partner with Smalling, and perhaps another more established striker or right winger up front. But I guess too many big changes isn't always the ideal case here. 5 new players featuring in the first team after one summer could be too many changes for us. We definitely need some continuity to improve from last season. Besides, Blind is like a new centre-back for us, and who knows Martial may solve some of our problems up front too as our season progress long.
I think Rojo could do a good job there...

Nik70

I'm happy with who we've brought in but I think we've let too many go.
I'm still not convinced that letting RVP go was the right decision. I think he could've made a positive contribution this season.