Are you happy?

How happy are you with our transfer dealings this Summer? (Players in and out)

• Total voters

Browniee

With the transfer window drawing to a close, are you happy with what we have done?
We've brought in 6, and sold/loaned out half the squad?

Success or not?

Mainoldo

We needed a right winger but hay.. It's over now! We still have a good squad up to LVG. No excuses.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
In certain ways I am since we got rid of the deadwood

Having said that this squad is as good as last season's one

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
It started off really well. But the last month has been a bit shit. We still didn't sign a recognized centre half.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
With the transfer window drawing to a close, are you happy with what we have done?
We've brought in 6, and sold/loaned out half the squad?

Success or not?
We will only know at the end of the season. Hopefully next season we will get another left sided CB and if needed a goalie. Don't want the same amount of comings and goings as the last couple of seasons. If a top striker comes available, ship Rooney out.

Robbie Boy

I'm glad a lot of the deadwood has been moved on but feel we may have let too many go. DDG staying will be good if his head is in the right place. The window started really promisingly but petered out. I don't know much about Martial but obviously hope he can play a key role for us. Overall 7/10.

Reynoldo

happy? no we needed one more attacking talent up top but we did good just it was very close to great.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Not happy no. Defense ain't too bad when Jones comes back but why did we sell Hernandez? Why is Rooney our only established forward? At a time we're lacking goals because we've no real balance and we're more negative then positive - why sell Hernandez? Based on one game? Blows my mind how fickle that is but you never know. Maybe we'll have a late surprise. I hope so because it's reckless what we've done.

We've more legs in the team but we're so reliant now on not getting injuries at a time we're in all competitions. Amazing logic ain't it...

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
It all turned to shit really quickly.
DDG wants out and that got fecked up, and then we go and pay 36M for an unproven teenager.

Sam

- Happy with all of the incomings

- Happy with a lot of the outgoing dead wood

- Disappointed with some of the outgoings (Mainly Januzaj)

- Still feel we're short up top and should have addressed that issue (cough Pedro)

diarm

I'm happy. We've culled the herd, raising the average quality in the process. We've added a cracking right back, a top quality midfield and two of the most promising young talents on the continent. To top that off, we've kept hold of one of worlds 2 best keepers for another 12 months at least.

Not convinced about Adnan going out and will be disappointed if there is a buy out clause.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I'm Dopey.

Kag

Happy with our purchases, certainly. We've done well, improving problems areas within the squad.

I'm not happy that we decided to relent regarding De Gea. Yesterday should never have been allowed to happen, and we should have stuck by our guns.

Januzaj playing, then leaving, all without replacement, is simply stupid.

What we need to try and do, although I appreciate it's difficult, is avoid all of the drama that comes with the end of a window.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
6/10 for me. Started well, but not getting another CB was stupid. Our squad isn't big enough and we're short on clinical attackers.

marlowe78

I wasn't that keen on signing Pedro but looking at how things turned out, it made no sense to just let him walk off to someone else. The glaring issues we have up front still haven't been addressed. Januzaj wasn't giving us stellar games but why loan him out when we are hurting for players on the attack? Also not happy at all about not signing a CB, we have a good backline but very little depth there.

Glad the midfield is sorted but I can only give the window about 6/10 after a very promising start.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
We had a lot to do but I'm happy with how much we got done, even if we didn't manage everything we wanted. Getting a top striker in was a big ask but we've completely sorted out the midfield(!) and have some exciting young players in the attack along with a very good and much needed right back.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
No. If we pick up a few injuries we are going to be rode in January if we need to buy some players then.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I wouldn't say I'm happy... or unhappy for that matter.

I think "worried" would describe me.

El-Manos

Pedro would have made all the difference. Our midfield and full backs look very strong but that's about it

Baxter

No. We needed more. Injuries could pose a real problem.

NK86

Irrespective of how I feel, LVG has the squad he was looking for (more or less). He will not be able to make any more excuses about balance. If he fails to deliver in terms of performances and results then decisions need to be taken about whether we make a move for someone like Pep or Klopp.

space

7/10

Happy, but would have loved a world class CB and ST/RW

I have faith in our youngsters however. Worried about what happens when Smalling gets injured..

DarkXaero

No, I'm not happy. After selling Hernandez, and loaning Januzaj, we only brought in Martial who is unproven and not ready to make a contribution right away. The thinking after our outgoing transfers yesterday was that we had replacements lined up. Turns out that other than Martial, we didn't sign any replacements for our forward line or wing depth. With an out of form Rooney who looks to be in decline, and a lack of goals already, there is serious cause for concern.

I was at least very entertained by the DDG situation, even if I'm not sure how it's going to turn out. If we somehow get another season of DDG here (and he remains professional), that would be great. If Real get hit with a transfer ban next year, that's even better. The DDG situation is something that we've to wait and see how it turns out. It might turn out great for us, or we could have an entire season of Romero at GK, and lose DDG for free next summer.

On a lesser note, we also failed to sign any CB, after selling Evans and loaning out Blackett. While I'm glad to see Evans, and Blackett go, we're also now short on CBs, and two of them are very injury prone (Jones specially). Blind has been ok, but not a long term solution at all, and waiting to be exploited by stronger sides. We could have signed Laporte or Otamendi, maybe even Stones, but we never even made an attempt. A lot of people are going to blame Woodward for this transfer window (especially the media), but I think LVG had Woodward chasing big name targets all summer, and was never interested in settling for less. We were looking to sign Bale, Muller, Hummels, Ramos, none of who turned out to be available. Instead of settling for other targets, we didn't sign anyone. After a great week during the window where we signed our midfield & Darmian, we've had a pretty horrible transfer window IMO. We turned down Pedro, who was available at great value, and would have been a starter here right away for the short term, until we sign a big name replacement next summer. Instead of blaming Woodward, we should be looking to blame LVG for chasing the wrong names imo.

Sam

Pedro would have made all the difference. Our midfield and full backs look very strong but that's about it
Agreed.

We were a Pedro (or similar player) short of having a fantastic window.

Raw

6 or 7/10 for me

Started off really really well but our lack of attackers will feck us over this season. If we brought in Pedro and Martial, it would have been bloody brilliant.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
We did brilliantly to solve our biggest problem from the last few years. But we failed to address some issues upfront. It's not a bad window, but we will see how good it is over the next few months.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
No, I'm not happy. After selling Hernandez, and loaning Januzaj, we only brought in Martial who is unproven and not ready to make a contribution right away. The thinking after our outgoing transfers yesterday was that we had replacements lined up. Turns out that other than Martial, we didn't sign any replacements for our forward line or wing depth. With an out of form Rooney who looks to be in decline, and a lack of goals already, there is serious cause for concern.

I was at least very entertained by the DDG situation, even if I'm not sure how it's going to turn out. If we somehow get another season of DDG here (and he remains professional), that would be great. If Real get hit with a transfer ban next year, that's even better. The DDG situation is something that we've to wait and see how it turns out. It might turn out great for us, or we could have an entire season of Romero at GK, and lose DDG for free next summer.

On a lesser note, we also failed to sign any CB, after selling Evans and loaning out Blackett. While I'm glad to see Evans, and Blackett go, we're also now short on CBs, and two of them are very injury prone (Jones specially). Blind has been ok, but not a long term solution at all. We could have signed Laporte or Otamendi, maybe even Stones, but we never even made an attempt. A lot of people are going to blame Woodward for this transfer window (especially the media), but I think LVG had Woodward chasing big name targets all summer, and was never interested in settling for less. We were looking to sign Bale, Muller, Hummels, Ramos, none of who turned out to be available. Instead of settling for other targets, we didn't sign anyone. After a great week during the window where we signed our midfield & Darmian, we've had a pretty horrible transfer window IMO.
this

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Goalkeepers
1. De Gea
20. Romero
50. Johnstone

Defenders
CBs:
4. Jones
5. Rojo
12. Smalling
17. Blind
33. McNair

LB:
23. Shaw (+ Rojo/Blind)

RBs:
25. Valencia
36. Darmian

Midfielders
Central:
16. Carrick
21. Herrera
28. Schneiderlin
31. Schweinsteiger

Wide:
7. Memphis
8. Mata
18. Young
35. Lingard
44. Pereira

Forwards
9. Martial
10. Rooney
19. Wilson
27. Fellaini

Zoo

Good window overall. All signings good and deadwood cleared. Thankfully Wilson is still here otherwise we'd have been too lightweight up front.