Film Army of the dead

Sylar

Releases in 15 minutes on Netflix.
Anybody gonna watch?

Starring big bad Dave Bautista :)

Hopefully its mindless fun and entertainment with zombies with everybodys favourite Zack Snyder

Dante

Average bang
Definitely. It's been getting a lot of good press in the last week or so. Hopefully it can live up to the hype.

In before all the complaints about slow-mo.

Castia

I hope it’s good I’ve been looking forward to it

AaronRedDevil

Well that was shite. 2 and a half hours long and 2 hours of it was just filler. Ffs I wanted some dumb zombie fun and all I got was them trying to be emotional and serious and boring as feck. How did he feck up a zombie movie with this cast. Didn't even get to see any Ghost action except for a 5 second clip.

Red_toad

Mindless zombie fun. Enjoyed it. I don't know what the moaners were expecting, it's a zombie film

thepolice123

Well that was shite. 2 and a half hours long and 2 hours of it was just filler. Ffs I wanted some dumb zombie fun and all I got was them trying to be emotional and serious and boring as feck. How did he feck up a zombie movie with this cast. Didn't even get to see any Ghost action except for a 5 second clip.
The subplots were absolutely ridiculous. It felt like some last minute inclusion that they shoehorned in. :houllier:

Bosws87

Looks absolutely dreadful, will definitely watch after a smoke.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The Kenny Rogers song in the trailer is so good.

Leg-End

It took far too long to get going didn’t it? Could have lost at least 30 mins in the first act just to get the film moving.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
Sucked, both as a zombie movie and a heist movie. The nods to past movies like American Werewolf in London were a nice touch, but they went a little over board with the Aliens stuff. And the everybody dies because of the dumb girl who ends up surviving is a tired as feck trope. Big Dave didnt even really have that much to do except look big. The estranged father and daughter subplot was wafer thin, and when it really focused on it, felt forced and a little cringe.

My main gripe is the zombies though. Ill never understand why people keep fecking with the genre trying to make it something that it isnt. Mowing down hundreds of zombies was never the draw. It was the menacing threat. The empty stares of the dead that wanted to devour the living. It was claustrophobic feel of being surrounded, and that sense of dread that crawled up the back of your neck as things become more and more hopeless. Romero captured that creeping sense of dread perfectly, and instead of just accepting that he nailed it on the first go, people just keep on trying to make it different. Trying to update or reinvent it. Whether its fast zombies, smart zombies, some prick doctor on an island fecking with voodoo, its all a bit meh. And takes away from the basics. Give me slow, plodding zombies any day of the week. But if they have to be fast, at least keep them dumb. Smart zombies are shit.

OneUnited24

I was really looking forward to this as i loved Dawn of the Dead but it fell short for me. Not a bad watch and 2:30hr flew by which is strange given I was underwhelmed by it

Hectic

Supports
30fps
This is an unbelievably shit movie and I will judge anybody who said they liked it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Absolutely fecking terrible movie.

The first hour or so in particular is just the drizzling shits, and it does not get much better from there

cyberman

Whats the opposite of a Snyder cut? Cause thats what this needs.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
To further elaborate

- The first hour was just so... Dull, just uninteresting character setup, world building that's all over the place and yeah, just takes far too long. Conversations that could take 30 seconds have to take about 3 minutes... Because reasons.

- if Tanaka was only interested in the Zombie head... Why not just make that the mission? Why did they even need a team? She was literally the first zombie they bumped into... They could have been in and out.

- Why did he also not know the combination to his own safe? Reasons I presume.

- Batista's daughter... Why would she think her friend is still alive, why would she think she can find her, and why do I care? All I know about this "Greta" is she's a bad mother and dumb...

- Zombie's hybernate...Because, reasons

- Social Media lady smashes through several Zombies, jumps through a window... And they don't bother to help get out with the 4 or 5 zombies around her? Nor does she use her last words to warn her friend that the evil dude is, well, evil... Because, reasons.

- we have 20 minutes until a nuke folks, now seems like a good time to tell Batista I kinda fancy him... (was that seeded at all!?)

- We have 20 minutes until a nuke folks, I'm pretty sure I can make it across time, through hoardes of Zombies, into the Zombie lair/hotel to rescue my friend (who may or may not be dead) by myself and make it back again

- That whole Greta subplot was just terrible, and the film itself knew it was terrible, as they didn't even bother to let us know if she was dead or alive by the end.

There's loads more, but that's just a few that stuck out.

Last edited:

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I had high hopes for it, the opening Las Vegas montage was fun but after that it just bored me. Completely deflated

Leg-End

Surely this up there for most inappropriate use of an ending song too isn’t it? Zombie by The Cranberries. Are you joking?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
- Zombie's hybernate...Because, reasons
That's actually the one thing that I really liked. Makes perfect sense that they can't die, but surely they'd have to conceive energy somehow with little to no food to keep them going.

- we have 20 minutes until a nuke folks, now seems like a good time to tell Batista I kinda fancy him... (was that seeded at all!?)

- We have 20 minutes until a nuke folks, I'm pretty sure I can make it across time, through hoardes of Zombies, into the Zombie lair/hotel to rescue my friend (who may or may not be dead) by myself and make it back again
We have 9 minutes until a nuke folks, let's wait for a witty self-reflecting comment from the helicopter pilot before slowly walking towards the chopper.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
I wanted to watch Batista feck up some zombies, and I'm thoroughly disappointed. It would've way better, if the dad-daughter subplot was completely cut.

thepolice123

They encountered the alpha zombie literally within the first 5 minutes of entering the zone. Why not just hire people to just actually get the head instead of coming up with some convoluted plan to rob the bank. Its gets more ridiculous the more you think about it. :houllier:

cyberman

They encountered the alpha zombie literally within the first 5 minutes of entering the zone. Why not just hire people to just actually get the head instead of coming up with some convoluted plan to rob the bank. Its gets more ridiculous the more you think about it. :houllier:
Have opposing sides / governments going for the head as well. Develop characters and conflicts in a Fortnite style map instead of 50 percent of the film being mindless screaming.
Simply put, you cant nuke the town without getting the head

nimic

something nice
Scout
I thought it was fine. Lots of problems with it, but in two sittings it was reasonably entertaining.

Dave Bautista is definitely turning into my favourite former wrestler. He's clearly a much better actor than The Rock.

thepolice123

Have opposing sides / governments going for the head as well. Develop characters and conflicts in a Fortnite style map instead of 50 percent of the film being mindless screaming.
Simply put, you cant nuke the town without getting the head
All that just so one guy can go in and extract the head? I get suspension of disbelief but the plot got more holes than a bullet riddled zombie. It would have been fine as an simple heist movie in a zombie city. But instead we got a poorly written heist and tons of unnecessary emotional baggage from the characters.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
All that just so one guy can go in and extract the head? I get suspension of disbelief but the plot got more holes than a bullet riddled zombie. It would have been fine as an simple heist movie in a zombie city. But instead we got a poorly written heist and tons of unnecessary emotional baggage from the characters.
And it’s not even the head of their leader as well! They could’ve just decapitated that tiger.

pascell

Nobody going to mention the fact that the zombie queen was pregnant? That just made no sense at all to me but it's a Snyder film after all.

The nuke is incoming and Batista stands smiling and glaring at his daughter for what seemed eternity, instead of getting in the chopper didn't make sense either and you could guess what was coming.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Just watched it and it isn't a patch on his Dawn of the Dead remake.
The back story clips in the opening sequence would've made a better movie.

God knows how they expected to carry out $50m in two or three tiny bags, but that was one of the smaller plot holes.

Prefer old skool ambling zombies and more sword and baseball bat action to machine guns too.