Film Army of the dead

Fingeredmouse

Absolute cinematic excrement of the highest order.

I have no idea what the opposite of Chekov's Gun is but this film excels at it. Absolutely nothing makes sense. The plot is identifiable only by it's dental records. Mercilessly terrible garbage. It's like a sluice of effluent channelled directly into your Living Room.

I need a shower.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

I have no idea what the opposite of Chekov's Gun is but this film excels at it. Absolutely nothing makes sense. The plot is identifiable only by it's dental records. Mercilessly terrible garbage. It's like a sluice of effluent channelled directly into your Living Room.

I need a shower.
:lol: Damn. I have to watch it now.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Pay you 200 grand to steal 250m. Cool.

After seeing all those money they're still happy with 200k.

That dude survive a nuclear blast.

Zombie sex zombie kids

20 years that cant be solved by talking

Tofu fries?

Dave would have been fraged by his mates for short changing them. 200k for stealing 250m?

The bad dude didn't need to kill everyone, he got paid regardless. This is aliens ripoff with a weaker motives.

Tanaka could have just send a good squad and chop one head off, or pick one from a border.

Why bother with fake safe, chop a head. They'll do it for less.

Weak movie. I expect better from snyder. The fight is pretty meh, no tragic death, no last stand off, weak motives, and dave can't act.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Pay you 200 grand to steal 250m. Cool.

After seeing all those money they're still happy with 200k.

That dude survive a nuclear blast.

Zombie sex zombie kids

20 years that cant be solved by talking

Tofu fries?

Dave would have been fraged by his mates for short changing them. 200k for stealing 250m?

The bad dude didn't need to kill everyone, he got paid regardless. This is aliens ripoff with a weaker motives.

Tanaka could have just send a good squad and chop one head off, or pick one from a border.

Why bother with fake safe, chop a head. They'll do it for less.

Weak movie. I expect better from snyder. The fight is pretty meh, no tragic death, no last stand off, weak motives, and dave can't act.
Blimey.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We tried watching this the day other day. I gave up after half an hour and the wife finished it. Looked absolutely terrible from what I saw off and on.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
We tried watching this the day other day. I gave up after half an hour and the wife finished it. Looked absolutely terrible from what I saw off and on.
It is terrible even for b movie standard. Shame. They could have just made it a plot less we need to get out of here guns blazing zombie and it'll fare better.

Gotta mean something when the zombie is the best actor pf them all. I kid you not. 2 hours into the movie I'm rooting for the alpha to kill them all in a gruesome and bloody ways

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

I need a shower.
That's actually a good idea. A quick google mentioned red herrings, but that doesn't really seem to nail the concept. It didn't feel like a lot of the shit in this film left hanging was there to serve a narrative or thematic purpose, but just because it was shoddily done.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Absolutely terrible self indulgent crap, just a nonsensical story that was way too long and full of annoying characters, the helicopter pilot particularly annoyed the feck out of me.

Fingeredmouse

That's actually a good idea. A quick google mentioned red herrings, but that doesn't really seem to nail the concept. It didn't feel like a lot of the shit in this film left hanging was there to serve a narrative or thematic purpose, but just because it was shoddily done.
The big chainsaw favourite weapon, the zombies that have dried out, the daughter's friend....and there's more I can't mention without spoiling (ha!) the movie. It's genuinely incompetent.

Sylar

It is terrible even for b movie standard. Shame. They could have just made it a plot less we need to get out of here guns blazing zombie and it'll fare better.

Gotta mean something when the zombie is the best actor pf them all. I kid you not. 2 hours into the movie I'm rooting for the alpha to kill them all in a gruesome and bloody ways
The alpha was the most sympathetic
They were there doing their own thing not really escaping to hunt
They even were kind enough to those who gave them something to then let the people roam their areas

He then had his queen taken and sought revenge

Skizzo

I heard one theory about the friend not being shown at the end was due to having the original shots at the end had her too close to the pilot before recasting, so rather than try and edit everything, they just removed the shots entirely.

poor choice if that’s the case, as they already spent millions reshooting other scenes and digitally altering things. Especially considering the friend Plot seemed so pivotal to the story and driving factor in the entire last part of the movie.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Army of the dead was so shite, I didn't want to create another thread but this seems to be a "prequel" - Army of thieves :lol:

I hope there's another swashbuckling appearance by a tiger.

Tiber

Army of the dead was so shite, I didn't want to create another thread but this seems to be a "prequel" - Army of thieves :lol:

It might be shite. But sign me up

lsd

The Oracle
Im going to watch and go ugh but still watch :lol:

Why though ? This is why today's movies are so bad and garbage like Fast and Furious, Marvel, Monster films and these things keep getting made.

Too many people knowing they are terrible but still for some reason watching then

manc exile

Supports
City
i watched it last week.

its is not just one of the worst zombie movies, it is one of the worst movies
which is a shame because the cast is really good

Sylar

Why though ? This is why today's movies are so bad and garbage like Fast and Furious, Marvel, Monster films and these things keep getting made.

Too many people knowing they are terrible but still for some reason watching then
I dont expect all movies to be master pieces. I like some total garbage movies to have fun before sleeping, for example.

I dont get why them being made affects you though. You can not watch it as its not really stopping something else from being made, is it? I havent seen movie x or y being cancelled because this or other movies are being made.

lsd

The Oracle
I dont expect all movies to be master pieces. I like some total garbage movies to have fun before sleeping, for example.

I dont get why them being made affects you though. You can not watch it as its not really stopping something else from being made, is it? I havent seen movie x or y being cancelled because this or other movies are being made.

Yes but garbage movies that make money lead to more and more garbage movies.

I just don't understand how people can watch something that even they know is terrible

Sylar

Yes but garbage movies that make money lead to more and more garbage movies.

I just don't understand how people can watch something that even they know is terrible
And again, nobody is forcing you to watch them.
I can see a complaint if its stopping other types of movies , or leading to their cancellations
But some garbage movies like F&F are great fun when youve had a long week, and just want something to watch with explosions and nonsense.

Id hate it if every movie was the same.

lsd

The Oracle
And again, nobody is forcing you to watch them.
I can see a complaint if its stopping other types of movies , or leading to their cancellations
But some garbage movies like F&F are great fun when youve had a long week, and just want something to watch with explosions and nonsense.

Id hate it if every movie was the same.

How do good movies have to be the same? Or do you mean we need good and bad movies ?

Sylar

How do good movies have to be the same? Or do you mean we need good and bad movies ?
A bad movie for you is a good movie (for different reasons) for somebody else.

I dont think we will agree. I think having a variety of movies is a good thing.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Martin Scorsese’s Caf account has been found! @lsd

But on a serious note, where would you draw the line between what constitutes a good movie or a garbage movie? As an example, I really like most of the marvel movies - clearly you don’t. So does that make it a garbage movie?

Its all entertainment at the end of the day and most people find entertainment through different means/genres etc.

AaronRedDevil

Army of the dead was one of the worse movies I’ve seen this year. Nothing in it made any sense. But this looks fun, hopefully this time he actually has a script doctor to straighten out the plot.

Sylar

Army of the dead was one of the worse movies I’ve seen this year. Nothing in it made any sense. But this looks fun, hopefully this time he actually has a script doctor to straighten out the plot.
To be fair, Army of the dead looked like it would be fun from the trailer too. Well a different kind of fun. :lol:

Martin Scorsese’s Caf account has been found! @lsd

But on a serious note, where would you draw the line between what constitutes a good movie or a garbage movie? As an example, I really like most of the marvel movies - clearly you don’t. So does that make it a garbage movie?

Its all entertainment at the end of the day and most people find entertainment through different means/genres etc.
In a nutshell, yeah.

Sylar

This is out on Netflix
May watch later :lol:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I love zombies, even shitty zombie movies with a king, queen and a tiger! So yeah...
Yep same, so it's inevitable I watch this at some point, even if Army sucked.
I’d say much better. It’s kind of a bit like a weird Wes Anderson film. If he did crime capers. It’s fun and the main character is quite quaint and charming.
:lol:Definitely Wes Anderson, not Craven? I've got plenty of time on my hands and Singaporean TV seems to consist of Terminator reruns and cheesy American gameshows.

Andersons Dietician

Yep same, so it's inevitable I watch this at some point, even if Army sucked.

:lol:Definitely Wes Anderson, not Craven? I've got plenty of time on my hands and Singaporean TV seems to consist of Terminator reruns and cheesy American gameshows.
Nah Wes Anderson without the overuse of pastels and soft focus. Totally worth a watch if there is nothing else that takes your fancy. Night Teeth was also somewhat amusing.

Sylar

It was alright. A fun time filler IMO. And it has Missandei :drool: which is a bonus. Overall 6/10. Enjoyed it. Fun.
Finally watched it last night :lol:

It was fun and a good lead into army of the dead. Can see why he was the chosen character for the prequel