Arse FAM TV

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Easier said than done. Leicester picked up Vardy, Kante and Mahrez for next to nothing, why don't they just go out and get three more players of that quality?
Indeed it is. But if it was as simple as just spending more money United would never have finished below 2nd since Ferguson retired. Obviously spending big and wisely is the pinnacle.

StillPlayingFooty

Supports
Liverpool FC
I actually enjoy The Biased Premier League show more than the usual rants. Sure it's biased but overall they a good account of yhe matches.

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
Indeed it is. But if it was as simple as just spending more money United would never have finished below 2nd since Ferguson retired. Obviously spending big and wisely is the pinnacle.
You're obviously right about that, but it's extremely rare in the modern era to get to the top of any European division without big spending. This is what the Arsenal fans, or many of the Arsenal fans, were expecting, because they made it clear that a top three finish, winning trophies, and getting to the knockout stages of the Champions League wasn't good enough. So if that isn't good enough then they're going to get a rude awakening when they never do better than that, or possibly even as well as that, while Kronke is the owner. Possibly even if Kronke wasn't the owner they still wouldn't do better, but at the moment they are seriously hamstrung.

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team
:lol: true, this stuff should probably be left to the actual arsenal thread
Sorry, I'll focus on AFTV stupid comments from now on. The thing is there aren't any stupid comments yet (apart from the usual scapegoating of certain players that all groups of fans do) because they have to pretend that Emery is coming in is going to make some sort of difference, and they also have to pretend that they're not idiots. The second one is going to be really tough for them, but they have to at least put out some pretence of not being morons.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
You're obviously right about that, but it's extremely rare in the modern era to get to the top of any European division without big spending. This is what the Arsenal fans, or many of the Arsenal fans, were expecting, because they made it clear that a top three finish, winning trophies, and getting to the knockout stages of the Champions League wasn't good enough. So if that isn't good enough then they're going to get a rude awakening when they never do better than that, or possibly even as well as that, while Kronke is the owner. Possibly even if Kronke wasn't the owner they still wouldn't do better, but at the moment they are seriously hamstrung.
I can only speak for myself, Arsenal fans I know personally and the Arsenal threads on here where I read other Arsenal fans' opinions. No one I know was saying anything like the bolded. In fact most Arsenal fans I know are well learned on all aspects of Kroenke's habit of collecting sports clubs like Pokemon, how he married into a fortune, his shady business, the ramifications of him taking the club all private with no more AGM, etc etc.

Most of us in fact are all the way through the emotional stages of grief a few years ago and we are in acceptance of reality. What most fans I know were criticizing was the fact that Arsenal for the past 8-9 years have been inefficient as an organization and not maximized the resources they do have. I have written some long and sourced posts on this matter in the past few years as have others - overpaid squad players, holding onto busts for too long, letting squad go stale, not having a quality DM since Gilberto Silva, not freshening up summer 2015 when only the unneeded Cech was bought, etc.

One thing I think you should keep in mind is that ArseFamTV does not represent Arsenal fans and hasn't for a long time. What they (or Robby) realized a few years ago was that the market was much bigger if their target audience was opposition fans laughing at rants and meltdowns. I don't even know any Arsenal fans that have listened to that in the last 2-3 years, yet I have noticed opposition forums (not just here but RAWK, ShedEnd, /r/soccer and many more) are always posting about ArseFamTV. So those rants you hear were basically pro wrestling (WWF or whatever its called now). I have no idea what those numbskulls are saying now but let's not associate those ass monkeys with the rest of Arsenal fans. They are entertainment characters not representative of real fans opinions. You have plenty of Arsenal fans on here you can reply to directly without using vague surrogates.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Sorry, I'll focus on AFTV stupid comments from now on. The thing is there aren't any stupid comments yet (apart from the usual scapegoating of certain players that all groups of fans do) because they have to pretend that Emery is coming in is going to make some sort of difference, and they also have to pretend that they're not idiots. The second one is going to be really tough for them, but they have to at least put out some pretence of not being morons.
Yeah, I pretty much agree. Like I said earlier the likes of DT and Troopz aren't about to rip in to Emery like they did Wenger because well .. they asked for this? You can't bang on and on about Wenger being the problem, brining out banners and protesting etc, and then whine again when a new manager is brought in. They will all grit their teeth even when deep down they might fancy a rant, because the alternative is admitting they were wrong. Like I said, I 100% expect some of the AFTV lot to make one million excuses for any mistakes the new manager might make, and make positives of everything.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I can only speak for myself, Arsenal fans I know personally and the Arsenal threads on here where I read other Arsenal fans' opinions. No one I know was saying anything like the bolded. In fact most Arsenal fans I know are well learned on all aspects of Kroenke's habit of collecting sports clubs like Pokemon, how he married into a fortune, his shady business, the ramifications of him taking the club all private with no more AGM, etc etc.

Most of us in fact are all the way through the emotional stages of grief a few years ago and we are in acceptance of reality. What most fans I know were criticizing was the fact that Arsenal for the past 8-9 years have been inefficient as an organization and not maximized the resources they do have. I have written some long and sourced posts on this matter in the past few years as have others - overpaid squad players, holding onto busts for too long, letting squad go stale, not having a quality DM since Gilberto Silva, not freshening up summer 2015 when only the unneeded Cech was bought, etc.

One thing I think you should keep in mind is that ArseFamTV does not represent Arsenal fans and hasn't for a long time. What they (or Robby) realized a few years ago was that the market was much bigger if their target audience was opposition fans laughing at rants and meltdowns. I don't even know any Arsenal fans that have listened to that in the last 2-3 years, yet I have noticed opposition forums (not just here but RAWK, ShedEnd, /r/soccer and many more) are always posting about ArseFamTV. So those rants you hear were basically pro wrestling (WWF or whatever its called now). I have no idea what those numbskulls are saying now but let's not associate those ass monkeys with the rest of Arsenal fans. They are entertainment characters not representative of real fans opinions. You have plenty of Arsenal fans on here you can reply to directly without using vague surrogates.
Yeah, this is pretty much how I view it, your problems went far deeper than Wenger but for me that doesn't change the fact that there was a deep rot in that squad which wasn't just due to lack of investment. Some of the performances that team put out were utterly disgraceful, just totally lacking in any fight whatsoever, no pressing or desire to win. There's lacking quality (which is fair enough) and then lacking fight or any kind of structure, and in Wenger's last couple of seasons Arsenal looked like a side without any plan who would fold whenever possible. Wenger had lost that squad and needed to go in the end.

Totally agree about AFTV too. They're in a weird position where they are Arsenal fans, but they're basically embarrassing for their club because they are a figure of fun who opposition fans get enjoyment out of watching rant. I don't really dislike them (Apart from DT) and Robbie seems very decent, but they are indeed basically characters at this point who people rush to laugh at, as an opposition fan I'll admit it can be good entertainment. For Robbie especially it's a weird position to be in, obviously a big Arsenal fan but does he find himself divided when Arsenal lose? His revenue must go well up when you suffer a big loss, I imagine during the two 5-1 losses to Bayern he made a packet.

In fairness, they are being quite reasonable at the moment about Emery, but as I've said I don't think many of them can do otherwise without looking foolish. I feel like the channel will completely flop if you become a competent team though, and honestly if it does start failing I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them do secretly wish for their own team to start losing.

wub1234

Supports
Don't support a team

Everything you're saying is reasonable, and you are correct about much of it. But I think you'd have a hard time stating that there wasn't a massive schism in the fanbase that pre-dated the last couple of seasons where things began to fall apart badly. It has obviously got worse, and AFTV has been a catalyst for this. But there was undoubtedly a poor atmosphere at The Emirates at times, and there were clearly a lot of fans who wanted Wenger to leave. As I've said previously, I think it was the right time for him to go, but I do think that many - I wouldn't say most because I don't know this - supporters of Arsenal still think they should be doing what they were doing in the earlier years of Wenger's tenure. But I just don't see that as remotely realistic.

I mean, look what United have spent, and they haven't won the league for six years now, and they don't look likely to win it this season. They could easily go a decade without winning the league, and they are unquestionably the biggest club in England, in turnover they are the biggest club in the world. That's how tough it is now.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Yeah, this is pretty much how I view it, your problems went far deeper than Wenger but for me that doesn't change the fact that there was a deep rot in that squad which wasn't just due to lack of investment. Some of the performances that team put out were utterly disgraceful, just totally lacking in any fight whatsoever, no pressing or desire to win. There's lacking quality (which is fair enough) and then lacking fight or any kind of structure, and in Wenger's last couple of seasons Arsenal looked like a side without any plan who would fold whenever possible. Wenger had lost that squad and needed to go in the end.

Totally agree about AFTV too. They're in a weird position where they are Arsenal fans, but they're basically embarrassing for their club because they are a figure of fun who opposition fans get enjoyment out of watching rant. I don't really dislike them (Apart from DT) and Robbie seems very decent, but they are indeed basically characters at this point who people rush to laugh at, as an opposition fan I'll admit it can be good entertainment. For Robbie especially it's a weird position to be in, obviously a big Arsenal fan but does he find himself divided when Arsenal lose? His revenue must go well up when you suffer a big loss, I imagine during the two 5-1 losses to Bayern he made a packet.

In fairness, they are being quite reasonable at the moment about Emery, but as I've said I don't think many of them can do otherwise without looking foolish. I feel like the channel will completely flop if you become a competent team though, and honestly if it does start failing I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them do secretly wish for their own team to start losing.
They really are a missed opportunity in my view. Their broadcast sit-down with Gary Neville was pretty unprecedented in this era. It could have really been used as a platform to put a lot of important issues out in the open. They could brought up some thought-provoking issues for fans, illustrated general problems that many fans across the world feel in some way with examples with their frustration with the Arsenal regime from top to to bottom. They could have used that opportunity to create a lot more important opportunities for discussion instead of just promoting a Youtube channel. I think overall it was short-sighted and didn't show awareness of the long term opportunities that could have opened up. Instead we just get the Blud Fam memes. Feck me.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
They really are a missed opportunity in my view. Their broadcast sit-down with Gary Neville was pretty unprecedented in this era. It could have really been used as a platform to put a lot of important issues out in the open. They could brought up some thought-provoking issues for fans, illustrated general problems that many fans across the world feel in some way with examples with their frustration with the Arsenal regime from top to to bottom. They could have used that opportunity to create a lot more important opportunities for discussion instead of just promoting a Youtube channel. I think overall it was short-sighted and didn't show awareness of the long term opportunities that could have opened up. Instead we just get the Blud Fam memes. Feck me.
I don't think any of them were really ready for the meeting with Neville, some of them just seemed star struck and out of place. Look at how slimy some of them get when they actually meet the people they're hammering every week, and the ones who are actually decent who get interviewed generally don't last long, because who wants to watch a measured response? Honestly I think their limitation is entertaining rants after a big loss and screaming 'He's got to go!', expecting more is giving them way too much credit. Robbie seems a relatively measured guy, and has quite cannily built up a big fan channel and rode the 'Wenger out' wave pretty nicely, but like you say it's basically just entertainment for opposition fans when Arsenal lose. Meme fodder.

Like you say, they've picked the biggest 'characters' and just interview them every week, and chuck in a couple of others so they can seem like they're giving fans a voice, rather than a select few who generate the most clicks.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Everything you're saying is reasonable, and you are correct about much of it. But I think you'd have a hard time stating that there wasn't a massive schism in the fanbase that pre-dated the last couple of seasons where things began to fall apart badly. It has obviously got worse, and AFTV has been a catalyst for this. But there was undoubtedly a poor atmosphere at The Emirates at times, and there were clearly a lot of fans who wanted Wenger to leave. As I've said previously, I think it was the right time for him to go, but I do think that many - I wouldn't say most because I don't know this - supporters of Arsenal still think they should be doing what they were doing in the earlier years of Wenger's tenure. But I just don't see that as remotely realistic.

I mean, look what United have spent, and they haven't won the league for six years now, and they don't look likely to win it this season. They could easily go a decade without winning the league, and they are unquestionably the biggest club in England, in turnover they are the biggest club in the world. That's how tough it is now.
Quite a lot of fans have unrealistic expectations, but the toxic atmosphere generated by the fans doesn't explain the last couple seasons of the Wenger regime. Their record in 2016/2017 at the Emirates was actually good, it was away (where generally, they have a solid support) where they were absolutely tragic pretty much every week, some of the performances were unacceptable even for a mid table side, let alone Arsenal. They lost away to Swansea, Brighton, Bournemouth, Watford, Stoke etc. That goes beyond the fans expecting too much, or the budget being limited, it's just seriously poor management which was leading to performances completely devoid of any tactical plan but even more notably, just a total lack of energy, I was struck by how little some of the players cared last season when I watched them.

I do think Emery can improve on that, to be honest. I don't think he'll have them competing with the best in Europe (Kroenke will always limit that) but I do think they'll get a bit of fire back, will probably look like they actually have a gameplan, and likely will go back to consistently blowing away the smaller sides due to the attacking quality they have in Lacazette, Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang etc. I really don't see how it can get much worse for them than it has been for the last couple of seasons, Wenger's methods were completely outdated and he was being tactically picked apart every other week, Emery is at least a manager who is willing to try and be proactive rather than reactive, and will attempt to have them playing a more modern brand of football.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
They love Arsenal but they get more money if Arsenal fails. I don't envy these guys.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
This channel is boring now
Which is why I guess this thread has been buried for five weeks, but hey... I kinda like it, even still. The Biased Premier League Show is one of my must-watch football things each week - Troopz is funny as feck :D Hell, even the podcast with DT will do for some background footy talk.

Anyone else enjoying it for what it is? Of course nothing will beat the meltdowns, but the BPLS is definitely still worth watching.

Vadim

There are dramas in the world of AFTV.

Claude recently uploaded a video tearing into DT which I don't know how to post here.

Robbie's just done a video on it all too:

The real East(North)Enders.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Claude recently uploaded a video tearing into DT which I don't know how to post here.

Got to do something to keep the spice while the teams playing well, right?

elnorte

Freaky fly day

Hey, are you able to provide a link to Claude's video instead. Can't seem to find it myself.

Alabaster Codify7

They're probably not too disgruntled so far, Emery's chugging along okay. Nothing special but nothing disasterous and signs of improvement.

thekman

Supports
Juventus
If I had a cast of characters that amusing, I would write scripts for them too. Especially without any real life Wenger material.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
DT is a bit of a flog. He was the most outspoken, disrespectful and aggressive against Wenger - yet when he met the great man recently he was all smiles and polite. Shameful.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool

Let's go :D I'm still watching AFTV despite the lack of drama. Let's see how this new series is...

DT at 11 minutes :lol::lol::lol: And 24:50 :lol: This guy.

That was alright.

Last edited:

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Christ, they actually made a reality show out of this. :lol: I don't watch this anymore. In the past, I only watch them for the meltdown as it's funny. This channel has basically died after Wenger left. Bet Robbie is dying inside.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Haven't watched them the channel this season. It's not the same without Wenger.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
True, but I still think "The Biased Premier League Show" is totally worth watching. Troopz seems like a top lad.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Same. I only want to watch when they're doing badly.

Still 5th despite this long unbeaten run, so in terms of making top 4 they're not doing better in a way. They're not going to be ranting though, are they? I imagine they're generally happy right now which would be boring to watch.

Looks like we're not the only ones:

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Same. I only want to watch when they're doing badly.

Still 5th despite this long unbeaten run, so in terms of making top 4 they're not doing better in a way. They're not going to be ranting though, are they? I imagine they're generally happy right now which would be boring to watch.
That's more down to the teams above them rather than them not improving. They're already well past half the points total they achieved last season, and the three games they have left in the first half of this season are versus Southampton, Burnley & Brighton.

They're on track for 80+ right now. Will they get it? Who knows.

Chipper

Adulterer.
That's more down to the teams above them rather than them not improving. They're already well past half the points total they achieved last season, and the three games they have left in the first half of this season are versus Southampton, Burnley & Brighton.

Oh of course, they've definitely improved, and they'll be pleased with how they're going.

There's different ways to be outside of the top 4. Some would have fans despairing, others have them optimistic.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

They’ve only got 5 points more than they did at the equivalent week last season. So not exactly a massive improvement.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
They’ve only got 5 points more than they did at the equivalent week last season. So not exactly a massive improvement.
What did they have after 19? Because the teams they have to come should see them get at least 7/9.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Doesn’t often work that way over the christmas period.
True that. It'll be an interesting period for a whole lotta reasons this year. Maybe we'll see a bit of an AFTV resurgence if they get a few draws & a loss :D