Arsenal 2021/22 | PLEASE LOCK (SERIOUSLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
The banter era never ends.
We had to sign one able body in midfield to partner Partey: Luiz, Guimaraes, Zakaria, Bissouma, etc... and got nobody.
We had to sign either one starting striker or a like for like replacement for Lacazette and got nobody.
Loaned out half of Colney though, we might have to postpone PL, PL2, U23 & U18 games.

Dorris

Why are they not signing anyone? Their side is already thin as it is
What's with the free transfers? Surely someone would've paid decent enough money for Chambers. Even Kolasinac could've brought in a few mill.

mu4c_20le

It’s awful.

Baffled some people seem to think this is good work by Arsenal.

He’s basically forced through a free transfer and made the club wipe his value :lol:
Well, his falling out with Arteta probably has a bit to do with it as well. I think he'll bang a fair few in la liga, his thread will be fun.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
It’s awful.

Baffled some people seem to think this is good work by Arsenal.

He’s basically forced through a free transfer and made the club wipe his value :lol:
How many people will pay a transfer fee for an out of form striker that's 33 in the summer and on £350k a week wages?

His wages alone for the next 18 months are worth £25M.

TheReligion

Abusive
How many people will pay a transfer fee for a striker that's 33 in the summer and on £350k a week wages?

His wages alone for the next 18 months are worth £25M.
It’s a total disaster for the club again just like what happened with Ozil and Sanchez. He’s basically going to Spain today and forced through a move and Arsenal have caved.

He was bought for £60m and he still has a decent amount of contract left yet his values been written off and he’s been paid out to get his own way.

TheReligion

Abusive
They get out of paying him £27m in wages until his contract runs out whilst he‘s contributing very little. I think they’ll be delighted to wash their hands of him.
Would you not mind letting pogba and our other higher earners go for free mid season then? Just wipe the value to the club?

Stupid from Arsenal and not the first time they’ve fallen for it

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Oh I didn't realise David luiz had left, completely forgot he even existed until now! Strange that he is not with any club

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
It’s a total disaster for the club again just like what happened with Ozil and Sanchez. He’s basically going to Spain today and forced through a move and Arsenal have caved.

He was bought for £60m and he still has a decent amount of contract left yet his values been written off and he’s been paid out to get his own way.
It was Arteta that froze him out, it was Arteta that left him out the Dubai trip, its been Arsenal and Arteta desperate to get rid of him. He's not been paid out, he's been granted a free transfer so Arsenal can save on his wages and Auba will take a wage cut to join Barca.

mu4c_20le

It was Arteta that froze him out, it was Arteta that left him out the Dubai trip, its been Arsenal and Arteta desperate to get rid of him. He's not been paid out, he's been granted a free transfer so Arsenal can save on his wages and Auba will take a wage cut to join Barca.
Yep, part of the reason this feels like a W is because he wasn't being picked, or even training, because of your manager. So it's more like making the most of a bad situation that you yourselves were jointly responsible for.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Yep, part of the reason this feels like a W is because he wasn't being picked, or even training, because of your manager. So it's more like making the most of a bad situation that you yourselves were jointly responsible for.
Yeah, and I'd be annoyed if he was performing to a decent level, but he's been poor for months, the attack seems to function better without him, and we don't have to worry and waste time about trying to find a club for him in the summer when the club will go big for a striker or maybe even 2.

Im sad about the way it ended because he was a very good player for us for a few years, but his form drop is as dramatic as Sanchez was, and he's different from Laca, when he's not scoring goals he offers little else.

TheReligion

Abusive
You can try and spin it but it’s a shambles and you know it!

Classical Mechanic

We loaned him first no? And you don’t think Arsenal are paying anything in this?

You didn’t answer my question either..
We did loan him but we we’re still paying about £250k per week of his wages for him to play for another side. We then paid him £7m to leave on a ‘free’.

I did answer your question, if you have a dead weight player on massive wages then getting them off the books is a financial win because your no longer paying millions for them to do nothing.

The Auba and Sanchez situations are not analogous to Pogba because he has value in the market. Auba is nearly 33 and downed tools for Arsenal. With his high wages he has no resale value.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
You can try and spin it but it’s a shambles and you know it!
In hindsight the shambles was giving him the contract in the first place for what the return was.

Unfortunately we can't predict with hindsight. So getting out early from that deal I won't call a shambles.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Letting go of Auba is correct call.

Bit bemused they aren't getting another striker in though. I know it's just one game a week for them but they only have Lacazette and Nkeiteh as pure CFs. Both probably leaving in summer.

Martinelli I guess could play there but more logical for him to establish himself wider first. Guess Arteta is gambling a bit likes of Saka and Smith rowe will continue chipping in with goals and perhaps they'll play a false 9 but seems a big gamble for team that still have a pretty good chance of 4th.

Not scoring v Burnley was a big warning, indeed they actually haven't scored a goal in any competition since Jan 1st.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
What's with the free transfers? Surely someone would've paid decent enough money for Chambers. Even Kolasinac could've brought in a few mill.
Chambers is a weird one, we didn't take up the option to extend his contract and let him walk. Maybe some gentleman's agreement was honored. And Kolasinac was on 100k pw. No idea how much he's getting at Marseille but i'd would guess a hell of a lot less. Impossible to shift these players once they touched the PL golden money.
Iwobi and Willock transfers aside we're easily the worst run club in terms of selling players.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Chambers is a weird one, we didn't take up the option to extend his contract and let him walk. Maybe some gentleman's agreement was honored. And Kolasinac was on 100k pw. No idea how much he's getting at Marseille but i'd would guess a hell of a lot less. Impossible to shift these players once they touched the PL golden money.
Iwobi and Willock transfers aside we're easily the worst run club in terms of selling players.
How dare you! And on a website dedicated to Manchester United too. Nobody is taking that honour away from us :mad:

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Ox & Walcott were decent sales as well. However, I agree in general, really fecked up the Sanchez deal, Raul withdrew our offer for Ramsey to let him walk out for free, and should have took earlier offers for the likes of Xhaka, Chambers, Maitland-Niles & Nketiah.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How close were they to Vlahovic before Juventus got him? Arsenal fan at work was convinced he was joining Arsenal

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
How close were they to Vlahovic before Juventus got him? Arsenal fan at work was convinced he was joining Arsenal
Zero chance apparently.
Di Marzio reported in November that Vlahovic straight up rejected a chance to move to Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.