g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Arsenal 22/23 - go to new thread

ti vu

When I watch the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea play football . I feel very lucky that we got Arteta as manager. We hit the jackpot there. Seeing teams spend hundreds of millions and look no better than before, shows how tough it is to make the jump we did this season. The challenge obviously is to repeat it next season but we look best placed to be city’s main challengers again. .
never mind the bottle, it’s the ball , these other teams can’t cope with.
You only started to follow Arsenal this season?

Arsenal in the previous two and half seasons were not to to brag about. Closer to the second half against Chelsea recently than the one that dominating Liverpool for most of the first half at Anfield.

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
Let's see where United are when Ten Hag has had the time to build his team like Arteta has had, luckily he won't be finishing 8th 8th 5th on the way. Were you not one of the Arsenal fans begging for him to be sacked less than a year ago?
Even when 8th, you could see the pattern of play, the change of style, the youngsters coming in. Only opposition fans and some deluded Gooners wanted him sacked. Majority of fans who watch the team closely can see the phases of development. I don’t see that with United and Chelsea. Maybe they’ll go about it a different way and keep spending till it goes right. I know which method I prefer.

Fridge chutney

When I watch the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea play football . I feel very lucky that we got Arteta as manager. We hit the jackpot there. Seeing teams spend hundreds of millions and look no better than before, shows how tough it is to make the jump we did this season. The challenge obviously is to repeat it next season but we look best placed to be city’s main challengers again. .
Arsenal were boring as shite for the first 2.5 years under Arteta. Crawl back under your rock.

Fridge chutney

Even when 8th, you could see the pattern of play, the change of style, the youngsters coming in. Only opposition fans and some deluded Gooners wanted him sacked. Majority of fans who watch the team closely can see the phases of development. I don’t see that with United and Chelsea. Maybe they’ll go about it a different way and keep spending till it goes right. I know which method I prefer.
Arteta has spent 400M euros or thereabouts you absolute embarrassing wum

Remember the geese

Oh Arteta I love you! :lol:

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
Arteta has spent 400M euros or thereabouts you absolute embarrassing wum
You can see the transformation. 78 points after 34 games. 8th to second.
United have spent what, 300m already under ETH , Chelsea 600m in 6 months. Chelsea have been catastrophically bad and United still bouncing around in the 60s points total playing football that will only get you 70 points a season.
You nearly spent in one season what Arteta has in 4 so money is not an issue for you, the football very much is.

Fridge chutney

You can see the transformation. 78 points after 34 games. 8th to second.
United have spent what, 300m already under ETH , Chelsea 600m in 6 months. Chelsea have been catastrophically bad and United still bouncing around in the 60s points total playing football that will only get you 70 points a season.
You nearly spent in one season what Arteta has in 4 so money is not an issue for you, the football very much is.
ETH has spent 250M. He also hasn't even had a full season. Arteta has had almost 3.5 seasons in charge.

Why bring chelsea into the conversation? The question is rhetorical. You are a wum.

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
ETH has spent 250M. He also hasn't even had a full season. Arteta has had almost 3.5 seasons in charge.

Why bring chelsea into the conversation? The question is rhetorical. You are a wum.
You responded to a point I made about Chelsea . You brought yourself into the conversation. I made the point that when I watch you and Chelsea I feel grateful for what we’ve become. Im not watching you after 3 years of ten Haag, im watching you now. You might be treble winners in 3 years ,then I’ll say what an amazing team you’ve become. Until then, boring, uninspiring, playing the percentages, hit and hope to Rashford and pray de gea has a worldie. This is what I’m seeing, you expect me to say something else just to please you ?

Fridge chutney

You responded to a point I made about Chelsea . You brought yourself into the conversation. I made the point that when I watch you and Chelsea I feel grateful for what we’ve become. Im not watching you after 3 years of ten Haag, im watching you now. You might be treble winners in 3 years ,then I’ll say what an amazing team you’ve become. Until then, boring, uninspiring, playing the percentages, hit and hope to Rashford and pray de gea has a worldie. This is what I’m seeing, you expect me to say something else just to please you ?
My question about Chelsea is rhetorical. You lump Chelsea and United together to draw disingenuous conclusions about United's much-improved season and ETH, because you are a tiresome wum.

Arteta has spent over 450M Euros and bought 21 players in 3.5 years but it is other clubs, not Arsenal, that "keep spending til it goes right", according to you.

If ETH achieves top 4 this season, he will have done in 1 season what Arteta has taken almost 4 years to do. All the while playing substantially more games to his detriment. Quite an achievement.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Oh no, he's lit the blue touch paper again, it's now going to turn into all Arsenal fans are arseholes thread again! :rolleyes:

Halftrack

Was he banned? Can't tag him, can't view his profile and he doesn't show up as a suggestion in search.

If so, what an amateur. Glaston managed to keep it going for years, and it wasn't even his delusional football posts that got him banned in the end.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Glad he’s banned. He was an unbelievably shit poster.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Oh no, was he banned? I was looking forward to chatting with him when both Chelsea and United finish above Arsenal next season :lol:

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Oh no, was he banned? I was looking forward to chatting with him when both Chelsea and United finish above Arsenal next season :lol:
Come on, at least try and make both teams realistic! :wenger:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Come on, at least try and make both teams realistic! :wenger:
Yeah you’re right. It was a bit much including United in that prediction.

Still, I’m almost certain he would have left the forum on his own when Arsenal spend next season scrapping for 4th place and missing out :)

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah you’re right. It was a bit much including United in that prediction.

Still, I’m almost certain he would have left the forum on his own when Arsenal spend next season scrapping for 4th place and missing out :)
5th place gets you into CL next season onwards. I'm fairly certain Arsenal are finishing in the top 5 next season no matter what Chelsea/Liverpool do.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Didn't expect to see Saliba again this season, always best not to risk long term damage there. Zinchenko not been playing great defensively recently, I'd have dropped him for Tierney anyway for a while.

Irwin99

If Everton nick a point off a tired City, it'd just be like Arsenal to slip up against Brighton. Got a feeling City will drop points somewhere, just don't think it will be enough sadly.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
If City win all their remaining games they would have won their last 14 games to close out the season? That's pretty impressive. They stopped being sloppy and even when they are not playing great, they are finding a way to win.

I do agree that a lot of Arsenal fans saw the change last season under Arteta. He was able to start to stamp out a style of play he wanted his team to implement game in game out. A decent chunk of us were hopeful for this season, although probably not this high up the table.

We still have a way to go, but hopefully the lads gain more experience from this run and are the better for it. Young team, some great potential in there.

Chief123

You’re living in cuckoo land if you believe you’ll be challenging for the title again next season. This season was your chance and Arsenal did what they do best.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
You’re living in cuckoo land if you believe you’ll be challenging for the title again next season. This season was your chance and Arsenal did what they do best.
Suspect you won't get a reply from Buxton to this Chief.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
WUM or not, I don't get the aggro. The point that persevering towards building something accomplished trumps spending money willy-nilly is a valid one.

Not sure how that is taken as a dig, we know it is spot on and that it will take time for ETH to mount a serious challenge. No, realistically it won't be next season either.

BerryBerryShrew

If so, what an amateur. Glaston managed to keep it going for years, and it wasn't even his delusional football posts that got him banned in the end.
A bit off topic, but why was Glaston banned? Him fecking off to India every time Spurs spursed up or taking solace in the "our stadium has a cheese room" trophy every time it became apparent that Spurs were out of contention for any actual silverware was incredibly entertaining.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
A bit off topic, but why was Glaston banned? Him fecking off to India every time Spurs spursed up or taking solace in the "our stadium has a cheese room" trophy every time it became apparent that Spurs were out of contention for any actual silverware was incredibly entertaining.
He went off the deep end in a few threads in the non football forums. Colonialism, Ukraine, mental health etc.

MonsieurGooner

Supports
Arsenal
Well who will challenge if not us?

As for this being our peak, not true. Saliba, Gabriel, Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard are all still young and have levels to reach. Big window this summer and with the organic growth of our young players im expecting to be even better next season.

When the date his August 2023, will the front four of Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard, Jesus all of a sudden regress? We are in our current position because the past two seasons our recruitment combined with the rise of some of our young players means we have a squad with fantastic players. They were fantastic this year, and will be again next season. The only way we wont be competitive next season is if we get raided and there is an exodus this window. However thats looking remote. The only players leaving will be the ones we willingly sell.

MonsieurGooner

Supports
Arsenal
I reckon United will do well next season, especially if they get Kane. But on what basis would Chelsea fans have to be confident relative to Arsenal? Your stacked with wage thiefs like Sterling and Koulibaly. Chelsea are hands down at the base of the 'big 7' now counting Newcastle. The 8 year contract policy is going to prover to be a disaster

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I reckon United will do well next season, especially if they get Kane. But on what basis would Chelsea fans have to be confident relative to Arsenal? Your stacked with wage thiefs like Sterling and Koulibaly. Chelsea are hands down at the base of the 'big 7' now counting Newcastle. The 8 year contract policy is going to prover to be a disaster
Firstly, you are having a great season, well done.

Secondly, every season is different, don’t think for a second that what has gone on one year will roll over to the next, that rarely happens. With the exception of City, the consistency of the other teams is not there.

Thirdly, what makes you so confident you will repeat your “success” next season? As a follow up point from the previous one, this is your first season challenging in 20 years. For 20 years you have been a peripheral figure in the league. I personally would be looking for a more sustained league position before trying to give it the big I am. Without reinforcing your depth you will be insignificant with big injuries to Ode and Saka.

Lastly, it’s fans like you that leave opposition supporters preferring City win the league over Arsenal. Since you clearly lack any humility and critical thinking skills. I hope you enjoy throwing away first for the second placed trophy.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Chelsea will be back at some point for sure. I would think they might still struggle for a top 4 spot next year because there is a transition phase here for starters and secondly...it has become more difficult as well. We are ahead as there is a philosophy right now, a style of play, in short an assembled functional team playing for a manager and system they trust. It could very well disassemble next season. We saw that this year surprisingly with Pool, who I certainly did not see having this type of inconsistent season. You are right in that only with City can we expect consistency and for a top 2 prediction before the season starts.

I would say it is unlikely we are going to fall too far here. Players are young(most have not reached their peak), we will keep our core intact and the management is driven to move in the right direction. That said again, we dont have that experience and squad to be at the City level. In fairness no other team is at that level in the PL.

Last edited:

AshRK

WUM or not, I don't get the aggro. The point that persevering towards building something accomplished trumps spending money willy-nilly is a valid one.

Not sure how that is taken as a dig, we know it is spot on and that it will take time for ETH to mount a serious challenge. No, realistically it won't be next season either.
It is a WUM when the guy is saying arteta always had them play amazing. They were absolute borefest and play naive and crap football for 2.5 years. Eth has achieved in one season what it took 3 and a half years for Arteta to achieve.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It is a WUM when the guy is saying arteta always had them play amazing. They were absolute borefest and play naive and crap football for 2.5 years. Eth has achieved in one season what it took 3 and a half years for Arteta to achieve.
Clearly not if the league table and my own eyes are anything to go by.

It's a better first year than Arteta's? Absolutely.

MonsieurGooner

Supports
Arsenal
Firstly, you are having a great season, well done.

Secondly, every season is different, don’t think for a second that what has gone on one year will roll over to the next, that rarely happens. With the exception of City, the consistency of the other teams is not there.

Thirdly, what makes you so confident you will repeat your “success” next season? As a follow up point from the previous one, this is your first season challenging in 20 years. For 20 years you have been a peripheral figure in the league. I personally would be looking for a more sustained league position before trying to give it the big I am. Without reinforcing your depth you will be insignificant with big injuries to Ode and Saka.

Lastly, it’s fans like you that leave opposition supporters preferring City win the league over Arsenal. Since you clearly lack any humility and critical thinking skills. I hope you enjoy throwing away first for the second placed trophy.

We havent accumulated this many points by accident, its what happens when you play a highline and high press and have a front four of Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli, Jesus. Most of our top players are still in the development stage, even Arteta said this isnt our final form. No player we want to keep will leave this window, only players we want to sell. Arteta will have another productive window, no doubt he will find additional players to supplement what we already have. He has shown a real knack for recruitment and developing players.

Its not an accident, its not random. Good young manager, good young players all pulling in the same direction. Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard to all level up next season and be better than they were this season.

For arguments sake, lets say this season is because of seismic activity in the galaxy and our squad isn't that good. Which player do you think is showing false potential? Saka? Odegaard? Martinelli? Saliba? Jesus? Because the only way we will regress next season is if the players regress, so curous as to which ones you think will do poorly

Chief123

Another pressure game, they completely fold. Shh, they’re not bottlers though. Apparently, they are going to challenge for the title again next season.

Swedish_Plumber

Oh how I hope for some Arteta out videos on their channels tonight.

He’s the reason why I couldn’t stand to watch them lift the title so he can get fecked.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
As expected, 90 points wasn’t needed this year to win the league. :)