g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Arsenal 22/23 - go to new thread

MalaysianRed7

Leeds done the same and ouplayed us more than you did. Unfortunately we still have those games in us, especially away from home. It's why ultimately I don't see us winning the league, as City will likely take care of those games with more regularity.
Not this City clearly, because they’ve played two big away games in 2023 and absolutely bottled both. Created one chance against us, from which they scored, and one chance today, which hit the bar. They will not win the league, you will, maybe with us finishing in a fairly distant 2nd position.

WildTirkey101

Supports
Arsenal
Not this City clearly, because they’ve played two big away games in 2023 and absolutely bottled both. Created one chance against us, from which they scored, and one chance today, which hit the bar. They will not win the league, you will, maybe with us finishing in a fairly distant 2nd position.
Given today's news (and speaking as someone cheering for Arsenal), f**k points deductions, _relegate_ City into the Championship (or League 1). No competitive penalties for this League season. Arsenal doesn't need any points deduction, they're going to beat City straight up anyway.

flappyjay

How come this lot has not played its games in hand when we have our games in hand squeezed in left right and center?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
How come this lot has not played its games in hand when we have our games in hand squeezed in left right and center?
It's been explained multiple times, there is nothing weird going on. No EL extra round, out of the cups, we have room and slots to play them.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
The City game has been rescheduled for a week today, and the Everton game was announced yesterday as being rescheduled for 1st March.

SinNombre

1 draw and 2 defeats in their last 3.

Classic Arsenal in February/March.

This season is evolving into the Leicester win season.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Remember when many of us said their first half of the season form was unsustainable and Arsenal fans laughed.

:lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
Stuttering again after so much rest, rotation and recuperation.

Probably a bit more of a concern now I imagine as games against City to come and the pressure will ramp right up.

SinNombre

Remember when many of us said their first half of the season form was unsustainable and Arsenal fans laughed.

:lol:
Arsenal fans have the memory of a goldfish.

They have choked every time they have in contention for the past 18 years, and are the definition of a momentum team.

Djemba-Djemba

I still think they'll win the title but I said at the time Arsenal fans and Arsenal themselves were too unconcerned and dismissive about going out the FA Cup to City.

Red Star One

1 draw and 2 defeats in their last 3.

Classic Arsenal in February/March.

This season is evolving into the Leicester win season.
It’s makes me even more annoyed we played like cowards when we faced them and ETH pretty much handed them a win. They were always there for the taking

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
It’s makes me even more annoyed we played like cowards when we faced them and ETH pretty much handed them a win. They were always there for the taking
What? No they weren’t. They were really good that day and only beat us because of a late goal. And we were missing our best player.

Guy Incognito

Brentford should've won that with the chances they had. TBF to Arsenal, that wasn't a dreadful performance but Dyche (even if it was a new manager bounce) showed how you can beat them - good counter attacks, physicality low block and luck.

Why they have a great chance to win the title is I can't see City going on a run.

Djemba-Djemba

How the feck did we play like cowards?

Arsenal played really well, we had a tough midweek game away whilst they had their feet up, we were missing our most important player and it still took a last minute goal to beat us.

Sweet Square

Was always impossible for them to keep their form from the first half of the season. Just a case of seeing how far they will fall atm.

Josh 76

City win their next 2 games, they will be top, with the same number of games played. Couple of weeks ago the gap seemed to be double digits!

Red Star One

How the feck did we play like cowards?

Arsenal played really well, we had a tough midweek game away whilst they had their feet up, we were missing our most important player and it still took a last minute goal to beat us.
I just really hated our second half, lack of subs and what I thought was playing for the draw in a crucial game. It didn’t work the previous week, I didn’t work that week and in my eyes was just naive.

SlothIsLove

City win their next 2 games, they will be top, with the same number of games played. Couple of weeks ago the gap seemed to be double digits!
City will still play 1 more game, but if Arsenal lost to City mid-week then I think they are likely to drop points on Saturday as well.

Djemba-Djemba

I just really hated our second half, lack of subs and what I thought was playing for the draw in a crucial game. It didn’t work the previous week, I didn’t work that week and in my eyes was just naive.
It was incredibly difficult circumstances for us. If Arsenal had to play up north 3 days before coming to Old Trafford with Partey missing and us having a weeks rest I'm certain we'd have beaten them.

They were just the better side.

To call it a cowardly performance was ridiculous.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The bottle job has started and the pressure isn't even on yet
Why is everything a bottle job? Running out of steam or being unable to maintain insane form isn't bottling anything, is it?

Didn't see the game, but it isn't a surprise they can't maintain a near 100% winning streak, is it?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
We've played a game more than them, will be two after tomorrow. Was it reallu necessary to have a midweek against Leeds??

Remember the geese

The title is there for City, but they just don't seem to have the stomach for it. Arsenal should be playing with freedom, but they look a bit edgy all of a sudden. Their own worst enemy.