Arsenal 22/23 - go to new thread

SER19

Fair play Ten Hag, making the point on Sky that Arsenal's team have been together much longer than United's. United still beat them 3-1 and I can see Spurs, City, Chelsea and Liverpool beating them too. Sky getting hugely carried away

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bit too easy to play through today

TheReligion

Abusive
This is how I feel. Away to United is always a fixture I expect to drop points (honestly, lose), and in recent times we cowered away too quickly. We played well, dominated for large parts but our finishing let us down, while yours were deadly. That Odegaard miss will haunt me for a while.
We had our 4th choice midfielder on the pitch and it showed, I don’t think we concede those types of goals with Partey/Elneny there. I fear not bringing in a midfielder after Elneny got injured is going to cost us, and we look light up top too.
No excuses. This is Artetas team. Too easy to play through.

dbs235

I fear not bringing in a midfielder after Elneny got injured is going to cost us, and we look light up top too.
Arteta's been well backed in general but I think he's been left a bit short here, could prove costly especially with Europa starting.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Said in The Arteta thread, we were just naive at the crucial moments.

Gabriel diving in vacating his position for the first, the lack of concentration for the 2nd, the substitutions etc. We need to do better in these big games.

As an aside, I did like Vieira's cameo, think he will be a great squad option going forward.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Bit too easy to play through today
Not going in for a midfielder when Elneny got injured is going to cost us. Sambi is not a DM and he did ok but we lacked steel in the centre when it mattered. Still, never expect to win at OT honestly and we’re still top of the league so can’t complain too much.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Was never convinced with them no matter how much their fans were trying to convince the rest about the "mentality" of this Arsenal team. Same old shit, they beat bottom half-relegation fodder and shit themselves moment they play a decent team.

We are hardly playing top tier football and even then it was a piece of piss once we went 2-1 up. Best team they have beat this season are Fulham and they are 10th, says it all.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Arteta's been well backed in general but I think he's been left a bit short here, could prove costly especially with Europa starting.
I don't think there's a manager except Pep and maybe Conte who has everything he wants though. Liverpool are a midfielder short, we are a striker and a full back short, Chelsea lack depth and so on. Which is why this top 4 race is looking to be so tight after City.

Having said that, what the feck he was doing making wholesale changes like it was the 90th minute was baffling. They conceded right away and Neville saw it coming as soon as he saw the subs.

Robbie Boy

Still soft cnuts with fairweather players. This hype around them will soon dissappear.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Fixture list flattered them up to now, scoreline flattered us today.

Irwin99

Best side we've faced so far I think, very early days in the league I know. The only aspects I'd question are the manager's tactics and the mentality

Did their heads drop a bit when the second went in against the run of play? Did they need to play into Rashford's hands with such a high line?

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
I don't think there's a manager except Pep and maybe Conte who has everything he wants though. Liverpool are a midfielder short, we are a striker and a full back short, Chelsea lack depth and so on. Which is why this top 4 race is looking to be so tight after City.

Having said that, what the feck he was doing making wholesale changes like it was the 90th minute was baffling. They conceded right away and Neville saw it coming as soon as he saw the subs.
Yeh, he was out of options and ideas. Viera hadn’t even played for us yet. I know Zinchenko was coming back from injury and Odegaard was a doubt after Fulham game too, so maybe that’s why he took them off. But we were completely done after the changes.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not going in for a midfielder when Elneny got injured is going to cost us. Sambi is not a DM and he did ok but we lacked steel in the centre when it mattered. Still, never expect to win at OT honestly and we’re still top of the league so can’t complain too much.
How far in the Arteta journey do you need to be before you believe you can beat a United in turmoil though?!

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
It sounds absurd after a 3-1 defeat but that was one of the best Arsenal performances I’ve seen at old trafford.

fair play to them. So dangerous in their build up and interchanges. Well coached team. They’ll get top 4 comfortably I think.
Was thinking the same thing. They also look, physically and mentally, a class above Arsenal teams from the past 15 years.

Kaos

Lego Pep still suspect despite the good start. Those subs after we scored the second was just :houllier:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They controlled the game well. Partly this is because we've been terrible at controlling gamed for years and our new manager has only just come. But I felt a few of their attackers should have done better. Jesus did fine as a battering ram but didn't actually offer enough goal threat. Martinelli started quick but thereafter Dalot handled him with ease (Saka was miles better).

Also feck off Arsenal

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Best side we've faced so far I think, very early days in the league I know. The only aspects I'd question are the manager's tactics and the mentality

Did their heads drop a bit when the second went in against the run of play? Did they need to play into Rashford's hands with such a high line?
We have always been second best at OT for a long time now, definitely is a mentality thing when we go there. Honestly it’s a fixture I expect to lose/drop points every season. No biggie tbh, and I think we needed this defeat to drop us back down to earth a bit.

Chief123

Was thinking the same thing. They also look, physically and mentally, a class above Arsenal teams from the past 15 years.
Yeah I’m not sure they are as easy to play against as previous teams.

I just think Arteta messed up with his subs at 2-1. He panicked too early and went gung ho. They were still going pretty strong.

I think on another day their goal doesn’t get disalllowed and it ends up totally different result.

Tony247

They controlled the game well. Partly this is because we've been terrible at controlling gamed for years and our new manager has only just come. But I felt a few of their attackers should have done better. Jesus did fine as a battering ram but didn't actually offer enough goal threat. Martinelli started quick but thereafter Dalot handled him with ease (Saka was miles better).

Also feck off Arsenal
Until that disallowed goal we were absolutely mint. This united team quickly loses the confidence. ETH needs to makd them believe in themselves and their training. Hope this will come eventually.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Important for them that they bounce back. Home to Everton next weekend so they should be fine.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
They're now having to play 2x games a week, can they maintain their style of play and keep their momentum?
I'm not convinced they have enough quality in depth to compete in multiple competitions at once.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
United were better in the key moments. That disallowed goal was a joke.

Anyway, brush this off and move on.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Martinelli-Jesus-Saka

that's a front three.
With Odegaard behind. It's really good. If they can build a team around those, they could become the new liverpool in terms of challenging City. I don't think they are ready yet though.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Quite an encouraging performance for the most part.

Not really a fan of Sambi though

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!

:lol:

Here comes the crying and the excuses.

Josh 76

It wasn’t a joke like the one at Chelsea yesterday, but it could have gone either way.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth

Why was it a joke? I didn't see the first half but I did see a clear foul in the build up. Was it disallowed for something else?

Robertd0803

Was never convinced with them no matter how much their fans were trying to convince the rest about the "mentality" of this Arsenal team. Same old shit, they beat bottom half-relegation fodder and shit themselves moment they play a decent team.

We are hardly playing top tier football and even then it was a piece of piss once we went 2-1 up. Best team they have beat this season are Fulham and they are 10th, says it all.

Exactly. All their nonsense of challenging for the league can stop now for a while. Considering they havent played Liverpool/City etc. who will still batter them.

Dominos

It sounds absurd after a 3-1 defeat but that was one of the best Arsenal performances I’ve seen at old trafford.

fair play to them. So dangerous in their build up and interchanges. Well coached team. They’ll get top 4 comfortably I think.
I was impressed by them but no one other than City are nailed on for top 4. 2 of Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and United have to miss out. They're all in trouble.

The race is going to be very tight, there's 6 good teams and only 4 spots.