Arsenal 22/23 - go to new thread

Sylar

The fixture congestion may hit them hard. Interested to see how they do with that and Europa added to it. Think they are really well suited to a game a week though.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’m all for the plaudits so long as they’re judge accordingly should things go south. he should have got 4th last season & at the same point in EtHs tenure Lingard was millyrocking at the Emirates.

They aren’t some plucky underdog upsetting the cart, they’re an expensively assembled group of players led by a manager who’s had years to put his plans in place.

Their fans can cry that 4th is an aspiration, but Spurs, United & Chelsea all have newer managers so at some point expectations need to match. If Arteta can’t get 4th this year then feck me he’s worse than I thought.

Bobski

Playing some exceptional football here, clear patterns of play but also room for individual quality. Jesus gives them so much with his hold up play and all round game, absolutely what Utd are missing. Vieira is a fine Odegaard back up.

Good team.

Fooza

They'll get top 4 this season, they playing really good attacking football, scoring goals and defending better. Twats, fair play to Arteta he's built a better team.

Guy Incognito

I’m all for the plaudits so long as they’re judge accordingly should things go south. he should have got 4th last season & at the same point in EtHs tenure Lingard was millyrocking at the Emirates.

They aren’t some plucky underdog upsetting the cart, they’re an expensively assembled group of players led by a manager who’s had years to put his plans in place.

Their fans can cry that 4th is an aspiration, but Spurs, United & Chelsea all have newer managers so at some point expectations need to match. If Arteta can’t get 4th this year then feck me he’s worse than I thought.
I agree with this, he has no excuses not to get a top four place. They bottled it last season.

Saying that, so far this season their results match their performances. Saliba and Jesus have been good signings. I think they are in a better place than Spurs and Conte which just feels like a precarious relationship.

croadyman

Playing some exceptional football here, clear patterns of play but also room for individual quality. Jesus gives them so much with his hold up play and all round game, absolutely what Utd are missing. Vieira is a fine Odegaard back up.

Good team.
Yeah how are none of their Brazilian trio in that squad because playing so damn well. Think this just goes to show how impressive our win was over them two weeks ago.

Josh 76

Have they started celebrating every league win like they have won the CL yet?

Dannn411

They'll get top 4 this season, they playing really good attacking football, scoring goals and defending better. Twats, fair play to Arteta he's built a better team.
The way they are playing, I think they can challenge Liverpool for 2nd. Really good football all round.

Bobski

Yeah how are none of their Brazilian trio in that squad because playing so damn well. Think this just goes to show how impressive our win was over them two weeks ago.
It was a great win, know the forum didn't like the media saying it but they were very impressive for large parts of that match, suicidal defending chasing the game and all. Good CB pair, midfield working smoothly and if the front 3 stay fit they will be a problem for years.

Need more depth, Xhaka is playing well at the moment but has had bad spells in the past and who knows what will happen with his partner.

DevilRed

Don't think they will "fall away" soon as most think. Although injuries may make that a possibility.

They are definitely a threat for the top four this year. We will need to battle them.

Almost no margin for error this season with so many team competing.

croadyman

It was a great win, know the forum didn't like the media saying it but they were very impressive for large parts of that match, suicidal defending chasing the game and all. Good CB pair, midfield working smoothly and if the front 3 stay fit they will be a problem for years.

Need more depth, Xhaka is playing well at the moment but has had bad spells in the past and who knows what will happen with his partner.
Yeah they were better side but similar to that Chelsea demolition a couple of seasons back we took our chances clinically

Basso

Actually, they are getting rested. Edu is the former General manager for the Brazilian national team and is the mastermind behind them not getting selected.

WirralRed

Yeah, they do seem to have turned a corner, it was a big test today after their first lost and away from home at Brentford.

Like a few have already said the next big test will be with their squad over a busy period of fixtures(which will be the same with us).

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Far more worthy of the plaudits than Spurs. Of course there are still question marks over them and I hope everyone’s predictions about them falling away are right but we can’t deny they have been impressive in every single game this season.

croadyman

Far more worthy of the plaudits than Spurs. Of course there are still question marks over them and I hope everyone’s predictions about them falling away are right but we can’t deny they have been impressive in every single game this season.
Be interesting to see how their defence handles Haaland and co when the time comes

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
They have more about them than Spurs for one. To bad Arteta is a prick.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Spurs aren't even that good.

Vapor trail

Agreed I feel Spurs will unravel this season, not catastrophically but for me their performances lack conviction, they should be making more of the attacking threat they have.

mu4c_20le

Rather Arsenal than Liverpool or Chel$ki, thats the only silver lining.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Said after week two that we'd be behind them all season. Not seen anything since to change my mind. Very good side now.

izec

Be interesting to see how their defence handles Haaland and co when the time comes
They can lose to City, but they seem to dispatch 90% of the other teams in the league with ease. That is how you get consistency and stay in the top 4. It is a good base for them.

the_cliff

Arsenal look good tbf. Never had this good a spell under Arteta it does look different this time, the performances are matching the results. They will inevitably drop off but I think top 4 this time around is pretty much guaranteed (Barring an injury crisis).

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I agree with this, he has no excuses not to get a top four place. They bottled it last season.

Saying that, so far this season their results match their performances. Saliba and Jesus have been good signings. I think they are in a better place than Spurs and Conte which just feels like a precarious relationship.
Spurs have the edge over Arsenal in last 5 years.

I think however Arsenal have a very good chance of finishing above Chelsea from what I've seen of both so far this season. Liverpool aswell if they don't get going soon.

mu4c_20le

Arsenal look good tbf. Never had this good a spell under Arteta it does look different this time, the performances are matching the results. They will inevitably drop off but I think top 4 this time around is pretty much guaranteed (Barring an injury crisis).
Exactly the same as last season minus the poor start.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I don't think we will. We are still in transition but for you guys, what excuse do you have now to not finish top 4.

You guys look better than last year. Chelsea and United both are in transition. Top 4 should be bare minimum.
That we are still in transition too. ;)

the_cliff

Exactly the same as last season minus the poor start.
Their level of performance is far better this season than it was last season. This season they're dominating and controlling games in a way they didn't do last season.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
Thats the flip side of playing us on the counter. When our passing is crisp and we dont turn the ball over you get wave after wave after wave after wave of attack. Brentford couldn't transition and were broken down systematically over the course of the game. 65% of the ball mostly played in Brentfords half.

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
There are so many doubts about Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Man Utd that for the first time maybe a Jesus will have his say.

izec

Jesus and Saliba have pushed them up a level. Has to be said.

It is all about top 4 this season, same as for us. Hopefully we can push on as well and win against the midtable sides, where we struggled every now and then for the best part of the last decade.