Arsenal 22/23 - go to new thread

AndyMUFC

They do look good to be fair, you could even tell the difference when they played us in terms of the way they control games and how they concede few changes. 3rd or 4th for them at the minute.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You cant be serious? Are you aware of what happened when you visited Brentford?
Yeah we played like absolute clowns and lost the match by ourselves

You do realize we're on a different stratosphere as compared to Brentford?

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah we played like absolute clowns and lost the match by ourselves

You do realize we're on a different stratosphere as compared to Brentford?
You tried to play out the back and press high up the pitch and couldn't do it. This triggered the low block counter attacking game your currently playing. Eventually you will need to press higher up the pitch and get on the ball more, you cant expect to grind for every result.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
The Old Trafford result is baked in. Were still top of the league and when we play next it will be at the Emirates. 3 points is 3 points whether its City away or Bournemouth at home. Keep saying 'Arsenal only beat the easy teams', because teams outside the top 6 make up 84 points, and if we can keep picking up these wins at a high rate and grab results at home and away to big 6 were on course for a big points tally.

AshRK

You tried to play out the back and press high up the pitch and couldn't do it. This triggered the low block counter attacking game your currently playing. Eventually you will need to press higher up the pitch and get on the ball more, you cant expect to grind for every result.
You do realise that it took your manager 3 years to get to this par level. What makes you think any manager would start playing prima barca football within one month of them taking over

Flexdegea

No better club for hyperbole.

The comments after any games they win, and lose shows you this

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
The Old Trafford result is baked in. Were still top of the league and when we play next it will be at the Emirates. 3 points is 3 points whether its City away or Bournemouth at home. Keep saying 'Arsenal only beat the easy teams', because teams outside the top 6 make up 84 points, and if we can keep picking up these wins at a high rate and grab results at home and away to big 6 were on course for a big points tally.
Exactly. Never quite understand why people say "wait till they play City" - it's all the same points. Pretty much every team expects to drop points against the bigger sides, and we haven't fared very well against the the top 4-6 in recent years. But our poor results against the supposedly lesser teams are what has really cost us. So far this season that has changed quite dramatically and we're controlling games much better. Partey is really the heartbeat of our team, he really keeps things ticking along. It's such a shame he is quite injury prone (amid other potential issues).

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Which we will over time. ETH will manage it next year. It's taken Arteta three years to get you playing half decent football.

LARulz

You do realise that it took your manager 3 years to get to this par level. What makes you think any manager would start playing prima barca football within one month of them taking over
First 2 and a bit years don't count

Telsim

I thought they'd get found out today, but they just breezed through it effortlessly. There might be something to their project just yet. I still think they will finish 4th though.

Last edited:

ShinjiNinja26

Goons piping up again after beating Brentford. Yet they were nowhere to be seen a couple of weeks ago. They never learn do they? No doubt they’ll be screaming Arteta out again in a few months.

ShinjiNinja26

The revisionism is hilarious, they’re making out like they’ve been playing champagne football since Arteta walked through the door and not the tumescent, shite they literally served up the first few seasons he was in charge.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
I thought they'd get found out today, but they just breezed through it effortlessly. There might be something in their project yet. I still think they will finish 4th though.
IMO partey is really the difference maker. We were without Odegaard but Vieira did well for his first league start (great goal too). But the drop off in quality from Partey to Elneny/Sambi is massive. I'll happily take 4th!

croadyman

Yeah like the other guy said we will in time but unlike you we still have a shot stopper in goal rather than sweeper keeper,also in desperate need of a number 9 as well.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Goons piping up again after beating Brentford. Yet they were nowhere to be seen a couple of weeks ago. They never learn do they? No doubt they’ll be screaming Arteta out again in a few months.
Did you miss the pages and pages through discussion added on to the Arsenal and Arteta threads a couple of weeks ago?

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
The revisionism is hilarious, they’re making out like they’ve been playing champagne football since Arteta walked through the door and not the tumescent, shite they literally served up the first few seasons he was in charge.
You're winding yourself up about non existent posts (not counting newbs), little Shinji.

Heinzesight

Looking forward to them finishing outside the top four…will be even sweeter this season after them winning the August/September Cup.

Telsim

IMO partey is really the difference maker. We were without Odegaard but Vieira did well for his first league start (great goal too). But the drop off in quality from Partey to Elneny/Sambi is massive. I'll happily take 4th!
Wasn't Sambi particularly bad against us? :lol: I seem to remember him casually strolling and spectating one of the goals.

InfiniteBoredom

They have as good a chance for 4th outside of City as anybody else. The Chavs are shit, the Scousers have issues of their own, United is still a question mark and Spurs while getting the points are serving up probably the most tumescent football out of the Big 6.

With that being said, there will always be questions hanging over the mentality of this team, or any Arsenal team since the Henry era really. They had stretches of playing well and beating the minnows like this the past couple of years, only to implode spectacularly like last season, losing to CP, Southampton etc after going 6 points clear of 5th, or getting consecutive drubbings over a hard run. Personally, until and unless they solve those issues, they aren’t going any places no matter how the Arse fans here want to gass them up (and yes, there are quite a few exciting youngsters in that team to be gassed up atm).

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't know if you're just making stupid comments to wind people up because you're salty everyone's not wanking Arsenal off, but none of what you said is remotely true. We only played on the counter against Arsenal because you're very easy to counter. We didn't even need to counter for our first goal it was that easy. We've played a high-press in every game bar Liverpool and Arsenal, but I think you knew that and are just being a child to try and extract some fiery responses from United fans.

AFC NimbleThumb

You’re 7 games in, relax.

As for the OT result being baked in, Lingard was millyrocking over the Emirates in Arteta’s infancy. Top teams beat our lot that day.

84 points gets you top 4 though so no excuses should you fail miserably as Arteta did last year yet nobody talks much about.

allen7

Usual Arsenal performance. Beat easy teams and lose to other top teams, a top 4 side at best like they used to be for many years under wenger. The fact is Arteta finished 8th twice and now when they start to perform like old arsenal their fans are going crazy.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Wasn't Sambi particularly bad against us? :lol: I seem to remember him casually strolling and spectating one of the goals.
He was out of his depth, I knew when Partey was out we wouldn't win at OT and was hoping for a draw. He's our 4th choice CM so not surprised. We can't all have Casemiro on the bench

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
You’re 7 games in, relax.

As for the OT result being baked in, Lingard was millyrocking over the Emirates in Arteta’s infancy. Top teams beat our lot that day.

84 points gets you top 4 though so no excuses should you fail miserably as Arteta did last year yet nobody talks much about.
Probably been mentioned about 5 times in the last hour alone! :D

Jev

Why not go with Zinchenko next to Xhaka with Tierney on LB as plan B when Partey is out? Looks way stronger on paper.

And as for the bolded part, really, after this start? I'd back you to finish second right now.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Why not go with Zinchenko next to Xhaka with Tierney on LB as plan B when Partey is out? Looks way stronger on paper.

And as for the bolded part, really, after this start? I'd back you to finish second right now.
Ummm...

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He was out of his depth, I knew when Partey was out we wouldn't win at OT and was hoping for a draw. He's our 4th choice CM so not surprised. We can't all have Casemiro on the bench
You'd have Casemiro on the bench if you built an academy midfielder as good as McTominay :)

AFC NimbleThumb

Probably been mentioned about 5 times in the last hour alone! :D
Funnily enough on a United forum. Not the journos you’d expect to mention it as they’re paid to do so for a living.

Guys been given multiple years of free rides, no excuses this year though. 84 points was it?

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal are half the team without Partey. He has a massive impact on the team. 4th is our ceiling till we have adequate replacement.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal

That might be a bit too lightweight IMO. I'd still have Sambi over Zinchenko in midfield but I've been crying for another midfielder as Partey cannot stay fit. Zinchenko can play his inverted role as usual.

I've been heartbroken many times with Arsenal and I know one or two bad results coupled with injuries can change everything. Last season losing Partey in the run-in cost us top 4, as well as not replacing Auba.
If we can get into top 4 for the first time in years I'd be ecstatic.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Funnily enough on a United forum. Not the journos you’d expect to mention it as they’re paid to do so for a living.

Guys been given multiple years of free rides, no excuses this year though. 84 points was it?
So someone mentions that there's 84 points available for teams outside top 6 games and that means that's my target?