Arsenal *almost* bought a LOT of players this window.

Blatzo

Aguero was a great player but a difficult personality...

Gause

Aguero yeah? Aguero fam, if he slows down blud, we're gonna get left behind fam.

Unless something changes in the next week, this has been the most Wengeresque summer of all time.
I read that in his voice.
Not Aguero obviously.

IBleedRed

likes to use pantyhose
Aguero yeah? Aguero fam, if he slows down blud, we're gonna get left behind fam.

Unless something changes in the next week, this has been the most Wengeresque summer of all time.
It's going to be tough to top last summer when they were the only team in Europe (the world?) to not buy an outfield player.
This is still a pretty funny summer though.

Obiorahking_

If Arsenal coughed up the money neccessary for Lacazcette, Mahrez and Mustafi they would be unstoppable. Shame for them, great for the rest of the league.

432JuanMata

Was talking to my mate who's a Arsenal fan and he can't believe they won't bid at least £40m for Lacazette he has done if for the last 2 season and has 5 goals in 2 games this season.
I have said this year after year but I can see Arsenal finishing outside the top 4 this year unless Wenger signs a top CB and ST

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Sczeskny
Bellerin kosielny Beckenbauer Monreal
Chaka Ramsey
Messi
Sanchez Aguero Ronaldo

It's been a cracking window for em tbf. Definitely hold off Spurs for top 4.

gorky_utd

Dont think having aguero is enough.They need to sign a top class striker like giroud or welbeck.

Woodzy

Just putting it out there... Aguero is a bigger Arsenal legend than both Thierry Henry and Paul Dickov.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I'm surprised that no one called him on "no buys of note" too. I mean, they spent 35m on Xhaka, who is a high-profile signing to their problematic position. He'll still need to adapt to England, of course, but he is a very interesting prospect.

And what about Stones and Gündogan?

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Trying to save the thread, i fully expect Wenger to proclaim he almost signed Bailly before he signed for Villareal. He'll also say the same about Mkhitaryan, Pogba when he left Le Havre and Ibra, despite us knowing the latter two anyway.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
I think the OP may have accidentally figured out why Wenger never signs strikers, He thinks Aguero plays for him..... I assume he probably just thinks he's injured as most Arsenal players are, but when he gets back Arsenal are good gonna really kick on.
:lol:

Obiorahking_

I'm calling BS on this opinion.
Really? They would finally have a top class striker, the best player in the EPL last year to fill the void as a RW, and a good CB to replace an aging mertesacker.
Cech
Bellerin
Mustafi
Koscieney
Monreal
Xhaka
Ramsey
Ozil
Sanchez
Mahrez
Lacaczette

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Really? They would finally have a top class striker, the best player in the EPL last year to fill the void as a RW, and a good CB to replace an aging mertesacker.
Cech
Bellerin
Mustafi
Koscieney
Monreal
Xhaka
Ramsey
Ozil
Sanchez
Mahrez
Lacaczette
You forgot Aguero.

Classical Mechanic

Cech
Bellerin
Mustafi
Koscieney
Monreal
Xhaka
Ramsey
Ozil
Sanchez
Mahrez
Lacaczette
You must rate Arsenal's squad and those players higher than I do. I think Arsenal need to stop buying big club rejects and tier 2/3 players to win the league.

Obiorahking_

You must rate Arsenal's squad and those players higher than I do. I think Arsenal need to stop buying big club rejects and tier 2/3 players to win the league.
I think that attack would be absolutely mad.
I think Arsenal should continue to buy club rejects, don't want them increasing their chances at a league title.

Classical Mechanic

I think that attack would be absolutely mad.
I think Arsenal should continue to buy club rejects, don't want them increasing their chances at a league title.
They need a top striker. If they had got Suarez a few seasons back that would have been massive for them. I don't see Lacazette to be that man.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
They managed to end up ahead of Spurs in the 'almost bought that top play' table too. Spurs must be gutted

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
I agree. Ramsey is average in the deep CM role, Cazorla is better there. So then you can have Ramsey up higher who is similar standard to Mahrez. Lacazette would be a slight improvement on Giroud but you'd lose a significant amount of physical presence. The team would look very weak and certainly not unstoppable for me.