ARSENAL OFFICIALLY BOTTLE IT! Arsenal fans now backtracking....2nd will be a great season for us! Surely that has to be seen as a failure??

Nero

Some people actually thought Arsenal were going to win it. I mean, how clueless do you have to be?

siw2007

This is a pretty sad ending to the season for Arsenal. Of course they will be disappointed to have fallen short in the latter stages of the season. Over the course of the season I don’t think they’ve done an awful lot wrong, they’ve played some great football, Saka and Odegaard look like class acts. Their form has deserted them on the last hurdle which I think a lot of people expected, it’s a young team with little experience in the title race and up against a City team which are way too good.

The problem for them is that they’ve over achieved all season. Arteta is going to have a hell of a job on his hand getting his team to go again.

Sylar

2 wins and 9 points out of 24 is horrible. That's cracking under pressure

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Apt way for it to end.
Dropped points in 6 of the last 8.
Ridiculous.

AFC NimbleThumb

I previously said in this thread that their good run of form was an anomaly & their fans piped up, I’d suggest you pipe down cause you won’t be getting 2nd or higher next year.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Some people actually thought Arsenal were going to win it. I mean, how clueless do you have to be?
Carragher was convinced they had it in the bag and he's the best pundit according to some.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Absolutely the best way for City to win a title. With no drama at all & everyone talking about Arsenal/Forest. Well done… I guess.
In typical City fashion, so hollow. Whereas we had a proper classic come back in our last league game in the league in 99 which was also needed to win the league.
Also happy for Forest, hopefully they are safe now.

Zen86

I’m a bit sympathetic to the fact their squad was never going to able to compete with the frauds, but deary me they fecked it quite royally.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
They’ve been incredibly well received in the media. Absolute bottle merchants. 9 points out of the last 24….2-0 up against Liverpool and West Ham. Southampton, Brighton and Forest and they couldn’t win these games when it mattered….embarrassing

Seveneric

You actually have to be insane to deny they didn't bottle it :wenger:

Yeah two things can be true, City do have an amazing squad and will probably finish the season in dominant fashion, but come on.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Arsenal could end up 13 points behind City. Can they even use the argument that they were actually in a title race?? They can't have it both ways.

But yeah, feck Arsenal and their disgusting fans!

Alanxyz

In typical City fashion, so hollow. Whereas we had a proper classic come back in our last league game in the league in 99 which was also needed to win the league.
Yes Forest are safe now.

bstb3

Out-spursing spurs in a season where spurs have been very spursy is impressive, fair play.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
2 wins in the last 8 league games.

Undeniable bottle job. Spursy...

LDUred

There was a genuine hype machine generated by the press and Sky in particular because they have always had a soft spot for Arsenal since the Wenger/Henry/Vieira days where they were insufferable and constantly lavishing praise on them. To be fair, that Arsenal team was a winning team with great players, but you could tell that Sky were absolutely loving the fact that there was someone providing United with a genuine challenge, and they went over the top and acting as if Arsenal had reinvented football.

This team had a nice run to put them in a good position, but a lot of those wins were scraped and they always looked suspect at the back. You could see the cracks appear long before they finally started to bottle it.

Even so, they have collapsed it in a spectacular way. City are going to win a title race they were more or less out of at walking pace.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I am sure they will say well done great season lads after being so many points clear not too long ago. Bunch of losers

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
First 19 PL games:
2.63 points per game (100 point season if the form continues)

Next 18 PL games:
1.72 points per game (65 point season if the form continues)

What a staggering drop!

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Yeah they’re safe. Agree, ive a soft spot for a proper romantic old club.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
First 19 PL games:
2.63 points per game (100 point season if the form continues)

Next 18 PL games:
1.72 points per game (65 point season if the form continues)

What a staggering drop!
Yeah I've just looked at their form since new year and it's been patchy at best.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
They could somehow manage to finish closer to us in 4th than they do to City.

Embarrassing really, for all the plaudits throughout the season, and the bravado from their fans and arrogance from the Arse boys to end up with a wet flannel of a season.

Folded like a cheap deck chair on the British seaside in winter.

ohhrooney

Arsenal led the Premier League table for 248 days in 2022-23, the most for a team who failed to win the title in English top-flight history.

But but they didn't bottle it.

redshaw

They did go from 5th to challenging and I think they played like it, they got on a crest of a wave, in games one half they looked great then the next half they looked like last seasons Arsenal too many times but hung on until the last couple of months. Gary Neville could see it as well.

LordSpud

I previously said in this thread that their good run of form was an anomaly & their fans piped up, I’d suggest you pipe down cause you won’t be getting 2nd or higher next year.
It was obvious, I said it numerous times. It was obvious that those players were nowhere near as good as the League was suggesting. Plus at the same time, Liverpool were crap, Chelsea were crap, City didn't really start playing til January, even we didn't really have a proper striker for 90% of the campaign. Fair play to them, they took advantage of an absolute anomaly of a season where everyone else underperformed but ultimately the truth came out on the end. They'll be back to EL spots end of next season.

TheRedHearted

It’s simple isn’t it. At the end of a career, players will see the trophies on the cabinet and not the nearly 2nd place finish.

Ole got sacked in the season after he came second because he didn’t get any trophies. The narrative totally changed after the Europa League final loss. He wins that and a big monkey is off his back. Trophies matter. He never recovered from that.

Also our season is not just scraping into top 4. It’s been a full on fight in all competitions. We went deep in every tournament.- so ya, we’ve had a better season if we sow up top 4.

Im a massive Leicester fan for the next few hours.
he didn’t get sacked because he didn’t win any trophies, he got sacked because we were doing terribly in the league the following season.

I agree if he won Europa league it’s huge, why you ask? Because it’s a sign we can play and fight in Europe. It’s about improvement, if Arsenal add to this season they can once again challenge and possibly win the league, that would lead to the big trophy, not an FA Cup.

do you mean a Leicester fan verse Newcastle on Monday