Closed

Discussion Live Updates 57 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    About 15 players possibly out for this.
    From our side ?

De Gea and Di Maria have a chance to play the game, when Herrera played a friendly yesterday against Blackpool, so he's fit enough to play

De Gea
    Rafael
    Jones
    Rojo
    Evans
    Di Maria
    Falcao
    Carrick
    Blind
    Young
    Lingard

Gerald G

Shaw said he's hoping to be fit for Arsenal. So at the moment Shaw and Di Maria are doubts. I think they will both make it though. Shaw is a bit of an idiot as he acknowledged that he felt his hamstring in the first half but asked not to get subbed off.

Ogden said Carrick is fit enough to play. Not sure how reliable it is but hopefully it's true because we need him. We'll just have to wait and see what LVG says on Friday.

If we are really without De Gea, Shaw, Carrick and Di Maria amongst others I just don't see us getting anything from this game.

Roosney

I really hope we get something out of this fixture with Mata scoring a few and Danny scoring against us as well. Just to rub it in the faces of all you playing down Welbeck.

Mali_Zeus

I really hope we get something out of this fixture with Mata scoring a few and Danny scoring against us as well. Just to rub it in the faces of all you playing down Welbeck.

Wait, you want Welbeck to score against us?

That's just ridiculous.

Chorltonian

im an irritable old man these days, but doing lineups with first names irritates me quite a lot.

It's like what really sh!t smalltime clubs do pre games, to get the fans shouting the surnames, in a pathetic attempt to whip up some fake enthuiasm
    Don't be too heavy on the lad, he's a delicate Piscean, and probably eleven and three quarters ;)But i too suffer irritable old owl syndrome and my only indulgence away from surnames is perhaps referring to Rooney as Wazza, or van Persie as RVP.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
    Arsenal 2-2 Man United

Sanchez and Rooney will score

Kaos

Some of you wanting Welbeck to score :wenger:

I was a big fan of his but personally I hope he has a shocker. It makes no sense to wish that the main striker for one of our top 4 rivals scores against us in a crucial game.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
    Welbeck should know why he wasn't our first choice as striker. On his day he's quality, but I don't think he can have many complaints. The lad forced us to sell him. Let's see how him and his ego do. He might very well score against us, but the fact is that wouldn't be hard with no defense. It's not a good sign when people favor the goalkeeper in every 1 vs 1. Sorry Welbeck - your ego cannot be saying you can score more then RVP, Rooney and Falcao?

Think it'll be a draw

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
    If Welbz scored I'd be on the fence. Always sort of wanted him to do well on the one hand, bit of home-grown talent performing well is always nice to see (even if he is pretty egotistical), but I don't really want him to do it against us.

mufc1996

:wenger::wenger:

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
    With the injury nightmare we are facing right now, do you think that LVG has enough avalaible players to play his 4-1-4-1, or maybe is he forced to play 3-5-2 now we have only Smalling avalaible and not any real defensive midfielder ? I tried to build a 3-5-2 and I find it scary…. (especially at the back)

I really hope that players like De Gea, Shaw, Carrick and one of Rafael/Jones/Evans will be fit for the game as I would like to play to real central defenders for once, with Carrick consoliding it, and especially Valencia that I would like to see playing on the wing rather than at the back, chasing their left wing with Gibbs and Sanchez

-----------------------------------Lindegaard---------------------------------------

--------------------Mc Nair-------Smalling---------Blackett--------------------

Valencia---------------Herrera-----------Fellaini-----------------------Januzaj

---------------------------------------Mata--------------------------------------------

-------------------------------Rooney-------RVP-------------------------------------

El-Manos

Ya, that makes sense... :lol:

The Purist

Supports
    Arsenal
    United won this game the moment that Mike Dean was announced as the referee lol.

The Purist

Supports
    Arsenal
    Or Arsenal always bottle it when they play against United
    Meh. The bottle thing is just a made up notion that has stuck. The reality is that we are way too one dimensional in terms of our setup both in the attack and the defence. Pack the middle, counter attack and you'll be grand. Fergie learnt it. Mourinho knows it.

Our system never changes. And even though we should win this game I know for a fact we won't because of our frail system which will leave us exposed to Rooney and co.

Anyway, I'm heading to the game with a few Manc friends of mine and drinking with them before and after so hopefully it will be a good occasion.

Mali_Zeus

Meh. The bottle thing is just a made up notion that has stuck. The reality is that we are way too one dimensional in terms of our setup both in the attack and the defence. Pack the middle, counter attack and you'll be grand. Fergie learnt it. Mourinho knows it.

Our system never changes. And even though we should win this game I know for a fact we won't because of our frail system which will leave us exposed to Rooney and co.

Anyway, I'm heading to the game with a few Manc friends of mine and drinking with them before and after so hopefully it will be a good occasion.
    Bottle thing is not made up, its a fact, just look at the recent results.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    The Purist, what is your score prediction?
    I want to know what Arsenal fans are thinking.

The Purist

Supports
    Arsenal
    Bottle thing is not made up, its a fact, just look at the recent results.
    The results are a bi-product of tactics, coaching and organisation NOT bottle. Look at some of the lineups United beat Arsenal with under Fergie. Some of them were really bad: but as a result of coaching and planning you beat us whereas we seem to fall behind in these areas. You don't beat us because of some magic mental state.

Score prediction is a difficult one. Both teams are ravaged by injury too. We are missing our best defender, midfielder and striker in Koscielny, Ozil and Giroud (well, a returning Giroud has an outsiders chance of featuring apparently). I think we should win but it probably won't click for us (it rarely has this season). Anything from a narrow win to a heavy defeat wouldn't surprise me (really hard to predict this game as you can tell lol).

I'll go with score draw or 1 goal loss.

Mali_Zeus

The results are a bi-product of tactics, coaching and organisation NOT bottle. Look at some of the lineups United beat Arsenal with under Fergie. Some of them were really bad: but as a result of coaching and planning you beat us whereas we seem to fall behind in these areas. You don't beat us because of some magic mental state.

Score prediction is a difficult one. Both teams are ravaged by injury too. We are missing our best defender, midfielder and striker in Koscielny, Ozil and Giroud (well, a returning Giroud has an outsiders chance of featuring apparently). I think we should win but it probably won't click for us (it rarely has this season). Anything from a narrow win to a heavy defeat wouldn't surprise me (really hard to predict this game as you can tell lol).

I'll go with score draw or 1 goal loss.
    My opinion is we beat you exactly because of mental state, not magic but mental state certainly. You seem to play weakly and frightened against other big teams. Of course tactics play a big part and as you said managers know how to beat you, Fergie knew it, Mourinho knows it.

revel911

I am feeling good about De Gea, Rafael, and Jones. Hoping for miracles on Di Maria, Shaw and Carrick. If those all come through, then I think we are good.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

The state of some people on here :wenger:
    Are you a United fan or a fan of fecking danny welbeck? fecks sake. It's like the guy was some great player. He's average, nothing more. Incredible how some people still cry about letting a squad player go because he wanted to start.

Xaviesta

Supports
    Barcelona
    Got a hunch Arsenal will win this game, but United have had the wood on them for a long time. Arsenal's last win against United from memory was May, 2011.

Barry Crocker

Definitely take a draw here. Think Shaw is going to have to play with Rojo and Blind out. Di Maria i reckon will be fine its just a cut on his foot and he played on for a further 50 minutes afterwards.
    A draw is good with the results of the last fixtures. We beat Palace, whereas Liverpool lost, Spurs lost, Arsenal lost and Everton drew. Realistically our main rivals for a top 3 place are Arsenal so if we draw we remain 1 point behind them.

KEOGH

im an irritable old man these days, but doing lineups with first names irritates me quite a lot.

It's like what really sh!t smalltime clubs do pre games, to get the fans shouting the surnames, in a pathetic attempt to whip up some fake enthuiasm
    Don't be too heavy on the lad, he's a delicate Piscean, and probably eleven and three quarters ;)But i too suffer irritable old owl syndrome and my only indulgence away from surnames is perhaps referring to Rooney as Wazza, or van Persie as RVP.
    My apologies gentleman, didn't mean to step on any toes. I will refrain from posting any lineups with players first names as I don't want to irritate anybody. Chorltonian, I'm not eleven and three quarters but I'm sure there may be a few young chaps around this site that you can target if that's what your looking for. Good luck Buddy! :) Go get em ;)

Moriarty

Definitely take a draw here. Think Shaw is going to have to play with Rojo and Blind out. Di Maria i reckon will be fine its just a cut on his foot and he played on for a further 50 minutes afterwards.
    A draw is good with the results of the last fixtures. We beat Palace, whereas Liverpool lost, Spurs lost, Arsenal lost and Everton drew. Realistically our main rivals for a top 3 place are Arsenal so if we draw we remain 1 point behind them.
    I've got it down for a score draw. Funny you should mention Shaw in that context because my nephew, who goes to most games, thinks he'd be a good fit in the middle of the defence. Di Maria should revert to the centre with the wide berths going to Januzaj and Valencia. I expect Rooney will drop deep leaving Van Persie up front with maybe Falcao and/or Wilson on the bench.

saivet

What do people think about Carrick. What are the chances he will be fit?

Raoul

Admin
    Staff

Wanting an opposition player to score against us. Makes perfect sense.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    My apologies gentleman, didn't mean to step on any toes. I will refrain from posting any lineups with players first names as I don't want to irritate anybody. Chorltonian, I'm not eleven and three quarters but I'm sure there may be a few young chaps around this site that you can target if that's what your looking for. Good luck Buddy! :) Go get em ;)
    chuckled at this. fair play.

Godfather

Danny scoring against us as well. Just to rub it in the faces of all you playing down Welbeck.
    This is exactly the mindset that is the most hateable amongst United fans. Absolute crazy. feck that honestly. Danny is a freaking Arse player now. Get over it.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
    This is exactly the mindset that is the most hateable amongst United fans. Absolute crazy. feck that honestly. Danny is a freaking Arse player now. Get over it.
    It really is baffling how some can think like that. Winds me up more than anything.

Roosney

The state of some people on here :wenger:
    Are you a United fan or a fan of fecking danny welbeck? fecks sake. It's like the guy was some great player. He's average, nothing more. Incredible how some people still cry about letting a squad player go because he wanted to start.
    Who's crying here? You lot are so uptight, I get 7 replies with people going crazy about me taking the piss about Danny scoring against us. Seems like I hit some of you peoples soft spot.
    To answer your question I'm fan of both, United and Welbeck. Danny is not the best out there but saying he is average is quite stupid. He has done well in internationals games and with Arsenal.

If you lot had read my post thoroughly before your mouth started foaming I said hopefully United gets points from this fixture. Gosh you "full" members. :wenger:

It is not a mindset really but I think it's loveable. If I was ranting how some player is garbage and the next time we play against his new club and he scored against us and some moron new member points it out I would be pissed. Danny hasn't even scored yet and still you' re pissed already. Thanks man.

AND...if Danny incredibly somehow accidentally manages to score on saturday and doesn't celebrate out of respect for his boyhood club, do you think it's an honorable thing to do or do you scream at him "you're not an United player anymore, celebrate ye c*nt". Huhh?

Mali_Zeus

Who's crying here? You lot are so uptight, I get 7 replies with people going crazy about me taking the piss about Danny scoring against us. Seems like I hit some of you peoples soft spot.
    To answer your question I'm fan of both, United and Welbeck. Danny is not the best out there but saying he is average is quite stupid. He has done well in internationals games and with Arsenal.
    Are you a fan of some other players playing for rival clubs? :D

He's not average? What is he then, above average?

and last two paragraphs - wtf?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 81% of 839 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player