Arsenal vs. Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Red_Hope

Dull. Mediocre. Average. Sums up our style of play, our ambition, our position in the table and most importantly our manager.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
A performance full of heart but devoid of inspiration and adventure. Largely negative football but an improvement on recent performances.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
WTF towards the end of the game? Pathetic. Gutless.
Keeps Moyes in a job and more or less ends our chances of 4th spot.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Bollocks, both changes were more than moderately cautious. If Moyes wanted to win the game he'd have left Mata on and replaced Valencia with Januzaj and probably have brought Hernandez on.
:lol: mata who created all those chances in his 60-70 odd minutes.

Hernandez has been poor this season, though starved of chances... are you really saying you'd take RVP or Rooney off for him for goals? Even when they've been poor they're world class players capable of producing magic.

Given the bench his subs were bang on, of course Young isn't what you want to change a game in the last 10 but he was all he had. The issue was the way the team was set up to begin with, not negative subs.

So na, wasn't really bollocks.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Stubborn Manchester minnows shock Arsenal by denying them victory.

RORY65

Decent result after a very poor game of football. I certainly wasn't clapping Cleverley's passing at the end, coward.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
That last 20 seconds was infuriating. Absolutely terrified to attack.

Moyes has castrated this team.
This. There were only seconds to go, why not have one last crack at it?

NoLogo

Main positive part of the evening we actually played a half decent pressing game for long parts of the game. Also had some nice chance but Arsenal as well so I suppose the game could have gone either way. Just happy we didn't lose tonight.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Boos around the Emirates as title challenging Arsenal fall to a bore draw with mid-table team Manchester United.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Great result at a difficult ground, tactics executed perfectly.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Good steady-the-ship result and a decent performance. I always expected a cagey game between two wounded teams, though of course both chances had good chances to win it.

I'm not even slightly annoyed with that night's work :devil:

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
Rio was fantastic.
Reminded me of the old days with Rio and Vidic. Gonna miss those :(

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Played like Everton away against a big club today... Still a good result considering our awful form. Really unimpressed with Rooney and RvP's performances and with Valencia offering absolutely no attacking threat as usual it meant we created very little.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I called 0-0 earlier...but that last minute was ridiculously pathetic from both teams.

RVP not running with Rooney on the break then both teams electing to pass backwards where possible.

You can't blame Moyes or Wenger for that.

lynchie

Good performance. Outplayed Arsenal at the Emirates. If Robin was on form, we'd have won by a couple.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Was expecting this, Moyes knows how to setup his team to defend against teams that will attack and take the initiative, typical Everton display today, we did the same against City and Chelsea he knows how to do that from his Everton days, what he doesn't know how to do is attack, or be the team that is expected to take initiatives and win.

Stan Jefferson

Decent performance in a difficult situation. Not the best result but probably the right one and hopefully we can build on it and start to get back on track.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Harsh. He did well today.
He played well yes, but he's absolutely lost in the attacking third, no courage to take the ball and attack. Even in the final seconds where the fear of the counter from Arsenal is almost none existent.

Status
Not open for further replies.