Arsenal's squad next season 2015/2016

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Still baffled how they didn't sign any field player last summer. It can't be that nobody wanted to transfer to Arsenal?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Not in the class of Zizou (who had the exceptional faculty to perform consistently in the big games, even though he wasn't always that consistent in the smaller ones), but he's having a great season definitely.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
Not in the class of Zizou (who had the exceptional faculty to perform consistently in the big games, even though he wasn't always that consistent in the smaller ones), but he's having a great season definitely.
I don't think anyone would be mad enough to claim he's as good as Zidane. But a similarly elegant attacking midfielder who makes it look easy.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I don't think anyone would be mad enough to claim he's as good as Zidane. But a similarly elegant attacking midfielder who makes it look easy.
Ok, I understand the comparison. I understand the elegance part, but I think that Zidane had that extra physicality (very strongly built) whereas Ozil, even though he's put on some muscle since arriving in England, is still quite 'light'. Zidane was a mix of power and elegance which hasn't really been equalled I think.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
Ok, I understand the comparison. I understand the elegance part, but I think that Zidane had that extra physicality (very strongly built) whereas Ozil, even though he's put on some muscle since arriving in England, is still quite 'light'. Zidane was a mix of power and elegance which hasn't really been equalled I think.
Hasn't got Zidanes shot either. Still wouldn't trade him for any AM in the world at the moment.

Hamadovich86

No one talking about Arsenal? They certainly looked the part last night it cant be denied that they have been steadily improving the past two seasons and they look fluid as hell, they have a chance to win it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No one talking about Arsenal? They certainly looked the part last night it cant be denied that they have been steadily improving the past two seasons and they look fluid as hell, they have a chance to win it.
They have a terrific chance to win the league this season. In fact, I think they might just be favorites now. What they lack slightly in personnel they make up by having a far better manager and better team spirit.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Still some massive problems in the squad (a lot down to injuries) which, to be fair, I thought City would expose.

Flamini, Campbell, even Ramsey, should not be in our starting line-up. We need reinforcements in January for centre midfield urgently, as well as a top striker and winger. With Debuchy on his way out, also possibly a backup RB. Easier said than done, and I foresee some heartache next month.

The current squad seems confident and sharp, which is good to sustain some form and pick up some vital points in the festive season. Giroud's been an absolute star, to be fair.

Last edited:

VP

This has to be their year, surely. United, Chelsea and Liverpool are in complete disarray and City incredibly inconsistent.

amolbhatia50k

Can't see them winning the league if they don't get another player or two.
That's what I would have said sometime back, but if City can lose to Arsenal without Sanchez, Carzola and their first choice DM Coquelin, then I'm not sure City are up to the task either.

Kostur

海尔的老板
That's what I would have said sometime back, but if City can lose to Arsenal without Sanchez, Carzola and their first choice DM Coquelin, then I'm not sure City are up to the task either.
Yea, everybody bar Leicester is basically hit and miss this season. But Arsenal is Arsenal, you just know that on the last 100 metres, last hurdle, they'll slip and fall with their face straight into a pile of dung.

amolbhatia50k

Yea, everybody bar Leicester is basically hit and miss this season. But Arsenal is Arsenal, you just know that on the last 100 metres, last hurdle, they'll slip and fall with their face straight into a pile of dung.
I don't know. It just feels different this season. If anything, to me they look like the ones with the most character this season.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
One thing that gives me hope compared to other seasons is that we have adjusted our style of play against our opposition - no more domination of possession for a disproportionate goal return, now we concede possession and hit teams on the break. We have had some great results since we've started playing this way.

The injury curse is always the same and at the end of the day this will determine how our season pans out. But at least we've shown we can adapt against tough opposition.

Trizy

I put them as my favorites at the start of the season until they didn't reinforce and I believe that will be their only downfall should they not win the title. I'd happily see them winning it over City, Chelsea and Pool though.

diarm

I put them as my favorites at the start of the season until they didn't reinforce and I believe that will be their only downfall should they not win the title. I'd happily see them winning it over City, Chelsea and Pool though.
On a number of levels I feel the same; I appreciate them as a club and team, more than the others. But my most annoying mate is a massive Arsenal fan and I just can't stand the thought of his big smug head if they do. He was so disgusting the season we finished 7th that I ended up telling him it didn't matter, United will still win the league again before Arsenal do.

I really need that call to be right.