Arteta Vs EtH

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol: Love it. But you see they’re this huge clubs now that only care about the PL and CL - which is why they don’t win anything except friendly cups.

Red Star One

Beautiful :lol: but even my disgust for Arteta is not strong enough to consider fecking Carabao a “major trophy”

NK86

Most of us would swap 2 FA for 2 runners up in the league.
BS. A trophy is great hands down. Obviously would like to play well in the league too, but winning a trophy is the best feeling as a fan, let alone a player.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Toddler Mainoo as many trophies as seasoned veteran Saka? :D

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We created the terms Mickey mouse treble. And what small team considering Carabao cup a trophy. Even FM dont consider it as one
Because we used to win the lot. Arsenal win nothing. Funnily enough, we consistently do under ETH

spud u like

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
As a spurs fan (don't laugh) and Tottenham finishing in the top 4, including 2nd a few times, I would take a FA Cup trophy over league position everytime.

No one remembers who came 2nd, but your club name is permanently on that trophy.

Congratulations Man Utd

Reactions: sizzling sausages

matsdf

The league cup is not a major trophy... The FA cup is.

chris123

FA Cup win saved Arteta when they finished 8th too, if you want to keep the comparisons going.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
I'd rather win the FA Cup than finish 2nd but you'd also rather be in Arsenal's position going into next season. That position won't count for anything though if they end up with nothing to show for it.

AshRK

Arteta is lucky to be not sacked. Eth has achieved more than arteta did in his first full 2 and a half seasons.

Zagoon

Supports
Arsenal
Why this thread though? It just screams saltiness towards Arteta.

Its true that Ten Hag has won more trophies in the last years, but surely the real measure for a big club like United is competing at the highest level consistently?

Ten Hag must be measured at league and champions league level. Anything else should not be good enough.

thisisnottaken1

I'd rather win the FA Cup than finish 2nd but you'd also rather be in Arsenal's position going into next season. That position won't count for anything though if they end up with nothing to show for it.
Basically my position as well. I’d much rather win a trophy, but Arsenal’s direction is a lot more promising than ours.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Why this thread though? It just screams saltiness towards Arteta.

Its true that Ten Hag has won more trophies in the last years, but surely the real measure for a big club like United is competing at the highest level consistently?

Ten Hag must be measured at league and champions league level. Anything else should not be good enough.
I was fascinated by Arsenal's rise. They haven't done anything noteworthy outside of challenging for the league and I wondered whether folks realised that or not and what they make of it?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I won’t. 2nd place means feck all.
It means CL instead of EL or no Europe which in turn means much more money and improved player recruitment potential.

It also means the squad probably has a higher chance of winning the league in future seasons. So I'd say the reverse, when it comes to building for the future, 2nd place means more than an FA Cup.

At the tail end of Wenger's time I don't recall any opposition fans being impressed with "a trophy" when he was still winning FA Cups, all there was was banter about league position. And in the best manager threads, it's leagues, CL and occasionally EL trophies used to judge managers legacies, not the domestic cups.

For the silly thread title, Arteta has already won an FA Cup anyway.

That all said, I'm glad United won. I'll always prefer United or Liverpool or anyone winning over City.

Zagoon

Supports
Arsenal
I was fascinated by Arsenal's rise. They haven't done anything noteworthy outside of challenging for the league and I wondered whether folks realised that or not and what they make of it?
I think its a narrative against Arsenal for the sake of a narrative against.

There is a fascination with Arsenal now. Everyone wants to tell us that Saka isnt it, everyone wants to celebrate when Arsenal finish second instead of City winning 4 in a row. Everyone wants to claim they had a better season than Arsenal. Everyone wants to remind us that Arteta isnt actually any good. A strange fascination.

Yes, its true that Arsenal want to win things. But its also true that the biggest trophies are ridiculously hard to win, even more so now with Pep in the league. Look at Klopp who could only win 1 PL and CL in his time at Liverpool, Klopp one of the elites.

If Arsenal were just winning the domestic trophies and not competing for the League and going further in the Champions League, then I promise you Arteta would be in deep trouble right now.

Reactions: oneniltothearsenal

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It means CL instead of EL or no Europe which in turn means much more money and improved player recruitment potential.

It also means the squad probably has a higher chance of winning the league in future seasons. So I'd say the reverse, when it comes to building for the future, 2nd place means more than an FA Cup.

At the tail end of Wenger's time I don't recall any opposition fans being impressed with "a trophy" when he was still winning FA Cups, all there was was banter about league position. And in the best manager threads, it's leagues, CL and occasionally EL trophies used to judge managers legacies, not the domestic cups.

For the silly thread title, Arteta has already won an FA Cup anyway.

That all said, I'm glad United won. I'll always prefer United or Liverpool or anyone winning over City.
I'm too drunk to pull up posts but you're right

Yorkeontop

meonbottom

There is a fascination with Arsenal now. Everyone wants to tell us that Saka isnt it, everyone wants to celebrate when Arsenal finish second instead of City winning 4 in a row. Everyone wants to claim they had a better season than Arsenal. Everyone wants to remind us that Arteta isnt actually any good. A strange fascination.

Yes, its true that Arsenal want to win things. But its also true that the biggest trophies are ridiculously hard to win, even more so now with Pep in the league. Look at Klopp who could only win 1 PL and CL in his time at Liverpool, Klopp one of the elites.

If Arsenal were just winning the domestic trophies and not competing for the League and going further in the Champions League, then I promise you Arteta would be in deep trouble right now.
They are the closest thing to City in the league recently, that's why we have the narrative.

I'm fascinated by their achievements outside of the league and wonder what people make of it?

Basically, I'm gauging what 2nd place is worth if that's all you do?

eire-red

There is?