Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
By 'crystal clear' do you mean based on shite sources?
It's still sources, isn't it? Better than nothing, which is pretty much what we had prior to the Herrera deal. I think it's obvious the club intends to perform it's business with a level of discretion.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
This Chilean newspaper seem to be pulling info out of their arse. How would they know the reasons why van Gaal wants him? And to claim he's wanted him ever since he was at Bayern is daft too, seeing as he left Bayern and took the Netherlands job. Sounds like they're sensationalising this story a tad.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It's still sources, isn't it? Better than nothing, which is pretty much what we had prior to the Herrera deal. I think it's obvious the club intends to perform it's business with a level of discretion.
Any 'source' is enough for most people on here, it's why they're forever disappointed or pissed off at the club. I prefer to see something a bit more concrete, I've learnt my lessons over the years.

KiD MoYeS

Any 'source' is enough for most people on here, it's why they're forever disappointed or pissed off at the club. I prefer to see something a bit more concrete, I've learnt my lessons over the years.
You're choosing to not believe this signing will ever materialise, is this not the same as choosing to believe it will? Or at least hoping?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
This Chilean newspaper seem to be pulling info out of their arse. How would they know the reasons why van Gaal wants him? And to claim he's wanted him ever since he was at Bayern is daft too, seeing as he left Bayern and took the Netherlands job. Sounds like they're sensationalising this story a tad.
Louis van Gaal said:
'I always wanted to buy Vidal when he was at Bayer Leverkusen but he went to Juventus.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ster-United-boss-hints-bid.html#ixzz37GeCVnFv

You can take issue with van Gaal on that, not the Chilean newspaper.

Sherzad

By 'crystal clear' do you mean based on shite sources?
Most sources are 'shit sources' only BBC and Sky only confirms deals when it's all done and dusted, in most cases.
Di Marzio confirmed that we had primary talks and Juve won't sell unless a big offer comes, so did Tuttosport and other Italian newspapers. You can add James ducker from times to the list aswel... I think it's more then 'shit sources' which are reporting our interest and us making a bid in near future.

KiD MoYeS

I wouldn't say I'm confident, but I definitely feel there's a chance this'll materialise. There's no right or wrong, some are just more optimistic.

lysglimt

Scout
I wouldn't say I'm confident, but I definitely feel there's a chance this'll materialise. There's no right or wrong, some are just more optimistic.
the rumous have gone on for so long without anyone claiming for certainty "we are not interested" or "we will not sell Vidal" - there probably is a chance Juve will sell and we are interested. But if Bayern or someone pops up with an interest....it could be difficult

Dazzmondo

I've seen enough now to convince me there's nothing in this. We've had Sky Italia reporters receive confirmation that Juve aren't in talks with us over Vidal. The biggest source of hope was Chilean newspapers, which it turns out were going off what had been written by British papers. None of the reliable papers over here have really gone with this one in a big way either.
I've seen Sky Italia be wrong an incredible number of times. I wouldn't trust them on anything. I think there's been too many reports for us to have no interest.

KiD MoYeS

the rumous have gone on for so long without anyone claiming for certainty "we are not interested" or "we will not sell Vidal" - there probably is a chance Juve will sell and we are interested. But if Bayern or someone pops up with an interest....it could be difficult
More notable sources have stated we're monitoring Vidal, which is more than likely the case. Add the fact Giggs said a few days ago that our remaining targets are either still involved in the World Cup or holidaying post World Cup.

RedOldBoy

Given that Shaw and Herrera are great prospects for the future; I think signing Vidal would really make the greatest impact this season. I hope this signing somehow happens.

Van Gaal, Vidal plus a good centre back and I think United are back in business.

red_devil83

Given that Shaw and Herrera are great prospects for the future; I think signing Vidal would really make the greatest impact this season. I hope this signing somehow happens.

Van Gaal, Vidal plus a good centre back and I think United are back in business.
Logically it should be Vertongen, since all their surnames start with V :angel:

Although we'll probably end up with Vermaelen

The Neviller

I think every united fan would be in full muppet mode with hummels, Vidal and di Maria. Look at the spine, look at the young defensive back 4 options which could gel in the next 2-3 years and become a really top unit. But even with all that, Kroos for me is United. Even Scholes knows it and said it. He's the one. But alas he isnt. To be honest, I doubt Van Gaal would make any difference. He would have gone to real regardless for me. Its probably just known behind the scenes that was his favoured destination so we thought we'd save face!
Why are you battering on about Kroos in the Vidal thread? We didn't want him, van Gaal dropped interest, because he wants different things for his midfield, things that Herrera and Vidal provide more than Kroos would. He's gone, give it a rest.

RedorDead21

Why are you battering on about Kroos in the Vidal thread? We didn't want him, van Gaal dropped interest, because he wants different things for his midfield, things that Herrera and Vidal provide more than Kroos would. He's gone, give it a rest.
Well he hasnt gone yet....:)

FromTheBench

Delay in the Evra deal could be interesting with regards to this.

Unless we are trying to convince Evra to stay again.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
But by that logic you'll only think we are signing someone if BBC, Sky or the club website reports it. If that is the case, it leaves no room for transfer speculation as it's pretty much a done deal by then. Not saying what you're doing is wrong but most people look down upon people like us who follow unreliable news papers. It's not that we believe what they say but they can give you a general feel of how close a club is to a signing.

Often I think clubs are into a player, the usual shite newspapers post about it, and when the deal fails to happen behind the doors the manager will say "we were never into him" or "it's just papers" even though they were in the beginning. That's just my opinion anyway.

MiamiSpartan

As was pointed out, LVG specifically stated that he tried to sign him from Leverkusen, and with the Chilean papers knowing Vidal's capabilities as well as anyone, it is safe speculation to say that LVG wants him for his offensive and defensive abilities.

It makes perfect sense that United would contact the Chilean doctors, and that the Chilean papers would hear about it more than anyone else. And El Mercurio is the top, most legitimate paper in Chile (my wife is Chilean, she would know).

I think United are definitely interested, and may be using the knee injury to negotiate the price and/or convince Juve to sell Vidal to United instead of Pogba to Real or whoever. That doesn't mean we will get him, though. We may even back off if the medical reports are bad. But we are interested.

Godfather

AS are now in on the act. They say we were chasing Vidal and Di Maria but have dropped out of bidding for Di Maria because we think we can do the Vidal deal.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/07/12/primera/1405180739_169760.html

Not surprisingly they say the stories in the Chilean press are coming from Vidal's rep.
Means that we either aren't financially able to pull both deals off or that we wanted to use Di Maria in a more central role like he was used at Madrid the last year and felt with the Vidal deal possible there was no need for Di Maria.

I'll be glad if we even manage to get one of them tbh.

Moonred

AS are now in on the act. They say we were chasing Vidal and Di Maria but have dropped out of bidding for Di Maria because we think we can do the Vidal deal.

Not surprisingly they say the stories in the Chilean press are coming from Vidal's rep.
So that it would mean it was case of going for only one of the two. Given a choice, if we can get Vidal and a CB that would be job very well done this summer. I wouldn't miss Di maria.

Sparky Rhiwabon

So that it would mean it was case of going for only one of the two. Given a choice, if we can get Vidal and a CB that would be job very well done this summer. I wouldn't miss Di maria.
Vidal and Depay would be good! And we automatically get first refusal on any Dutch players now!

RedorDead21

I wanted Reus not Di Maria but everyone turned my head. It hurts now!

LR7

I wouldn't mind if we just got Vidal. It would address our most important area in need of strengthening imo. To assume that the Club was going to spend the £200m that was being bandied about in just one window was probably a tad optimistic to say the least. Vidal and Vermaelen would be fine by me.

CantonaGiggs1

So Arturo Vidal it is.

Van Gaal was only going to be able to get 1 of the 2, and he chose the midfielder.

We still need a winger though.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
We weren't going to get a clear run at a player like Vidal! If Juve make it clear that they will sell, all the big money clubs will be in the mix.
Well we shouldn't have dithered.

If they wanted £50m we should've just gone in with £50m and had done with it.

The Neviller

Well we shouldn't have dithered.

If they wanted £50m we should've just gone in with £50m and had done with it.
How does that make a difference? Other clubs would have got wind of it anyway, Juve would've made sure of that. We'd probably have faced competition anyway, as soon as he became available. If he wants to come here he will, if he doesn't he won't. How quick we made a high bid doesn't change that.

Sparky Rhiwabon

How does that make a difference? Other clubs would have got wind of it anyway, Juve would've made sure of that. We'd probably have faced competition anyway, as soon as he became available. If he wants to come here he will, if he doesn't he won't. How quick we made a high bid doesn't change that.
I was going to reply similar, especially the bit about Juve making sure other clubs knew.

C'est Moi Cantona

Article on Telegraph website by Jason Burt saying Juve are after Paulinho, which will pave the way for Vidal to leave, although United deny deal is close.

Status
Not open for further replies.