Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedorDead21

I basically agree with everything you've said, but I'll still be very happy if we end up signing a top cb, Vidal and di Maria, as much as I wish Kroos was at Utd.
I think every united fan would be in full muppet mode with hummels, Vidal and di Maria. Look at the spine, look at the young defensive back 4 options which could gel in the next 2-3 years and become a really top unit. But even with all that, Kroos for me is United. Even Scholes knows it and said it. He's the one. But alas he isnt. To be honest, I doubt Van Gaal would make any difference. He would have gone to real regardless for me. Its probably just known behind the scenes that was his favoured destination so we thought we'd save face!

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
We were giving RVP injections last year. Its common practice, or were they giving him other types of injections?
I don't know mate. It sounds like they were giving him injections to get through the pain though.

NMF

Next week will be interesting, if there is something in this deal Van Gaal will play a big part.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Is there anyone here with some medical knowledge that can tell if this knee thing is serious ??
It was just minor knee surgery, similar to what Suarez had. Both seemed to be playing well at the WC so can't see that putting us off. If that was him playing injured, it'd still be a big improvement regardless...

Skills

Snitch
Is there anyone here with some medical knowledge that can tell if this knee thing is serious ??
No medical knowledge but I know about this from other sports. From what I know he tore his meniscus (same as Suarez) which is knee cartilage. From their rehab times it seems both of them chose to have the inflamed tissue removed rather than repaired. If they chose to repair it, they both would've been out for a lot longer.

RedorDead21

I don't know mate. It sounds like they were giving him injections to get through the pain though.
Ah mate that happens all the time. Rumours have it Messi got alot of growth hormones pumped into him as a teenager who knows. But rest assured world class players wouldnt do anything to risk their income longer term. $$ is king and they have enough medical advice around them to ensure club or country never comes first!

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
All the reports seem to be coming from Chile, which would make sense as we're apparently doing our business quietly this summer.
Vidal's agent is Chilean right? Would make sense for him to be leaking our interest to his trusted journos over there, in an attempt to drive his price up.

Or just to help push the move, similar to how LVG played it with De Telegraf or whatever it's called.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Vidal's agent is Chilean right? Would make sense for him to be leaking our interest to his trusted journos over there, in an attempt to drive his price up.

Or just to help push the move, similar to how LVG played it with De Telegraf or whatever it's called.
Could well be.

I'm getting optimistic again...

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I'm not a doctor but I do know (through having bad knees caused by years of football) that surgery for a torn meniscus is very low risk and that under normal circumstances if rest and phsyio therapy are adhered to then you can expect 100% recovery.

The worry is that he was rushed back for the WC and given injections to let him play through the pain/soreness.

Our medical team won't be bitten twice after the Hargreaves saga so I'm confident that if he does sign then his knee has completely healed.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

His agent is Croatian

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's an tendinitis, if i'm not mistaken.

It's a bad thing, it's chronical, that won't change his level but he will miss games because of that.

However he had a surgery, so he is supposed to be fine for the remainder of his career

Dazzmondo

It's an tendinitis, if i'm not mistaken.

It's a bad thing, it's chronical, that won't change his level but he will miss games because of that.

However he had a surgery, so he is supposed to be fine for the remainder of his career
It's not tendinitis. He tore his meniscus (cartilage). Normally, there wouldn't be a problem, however, the fact that he played through the injury so soon after surgery and that he had fluid injected into the knee joint is causing concern.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's not tendinitus. He tore his meniscus (cartilage). Normally, there wouldn't be a problem, however, the fact that he played through the injury so soon after surgery and that he had fluid injected into the knee joint is causing concern.
My mistake, thanks for the info. :)

Ace of Spades

It was just minor knee surgery, similar to what Suarez had. Both seemed to be playing well at the WC so can't see that putting us off. If that was him playing injured, it'd still be a big improvement regardless...
No medical knowledge but I know about this from other sports. From what I know he tore his meniscus (same as Suarez) which is knee cartilage. From their rehab times it seems both of them chose to have the inflamed tissue removed rather than repaired. If they chose to repair it, they both would've been out for a lot longer.
Thank you. Nothing too bad hopefully.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I've seen enough now to convince me there's nothing in this. We've had Sky Italia reporters receive confirmation that Juve aren't in talks with us over Vidal. The biggest source of hope was Chilean newspapers, which it turns out were going off what had been written by British papers. None of the reliable papers over here have really gone with this one in a big way either.

SirAF

Ageist
I've seen enough now to convince me there's nothing in this. We've had Sky Italia reporters receive confirmation that Juve aren't in talks with us over Vidal. The biggest source of hope was Chilean newspapers, which it turns out were going off what had been written by British papers. None of the reliable papers over here have really gone with this one in a big way either.
:(

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The Chilean reports have an impressive level of detail if nothing's going on, including a lot of material that didn't come from the British or Italian press. Whether they're right about our enthusiasm and Juve's willingness is a different matter.

Clas Sified

But then again, Herrera's deal was also largely kept under wraps until like one day before his transfer. Under Van Gaal I just don't know what to believe and not to believe anymore. It's just like being with Fergie again; I love it!

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It's not as if we had report upon report of Herrera's signing prior to the confirmation...

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Which british papers have been talking about us looking into Vidal's knee injury? I thought the bit the Chilean press pilfered was the stuff about the potential transfer fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.