Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Yet both you and ivaldo read this thread.
I read this thread, as I imagine most on the Caf do, because the longer it stays right at the top of the site the more news I naively imagine there's likely to be.

It thus gets pretty frustrating/exasperating/disappointing/annoying [delete where applicable] when it turns out to just be pages and pages of Jonestown nutters climbing over each other to drink the coolaid

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I read this thread, as I imagine most on the Caf do, because the longer it stays right at the top of the site the more news I naively imagine there's likely to be. Turns out it's literally pages and pages of Jonestown nutters climbing over each other to drink the coolaid.
I mention Vitage Champagne in the post above and you choose Coolaid.

We live in very different hypothetical worlds, you and me.

dinners85

The impatience here is funny.

Vidal is a class player and I'm sure we'd all love to see him at United but there's a month left for transfers.

LVG is experienced enough to know what he's doing. United will be back on home soil shortly - then we'll see how it goes.

Chill out folks.:drool:

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Can we close this thread now? It's obvious he is not coming..
I shall now say this to what should be the hundredth person that this has been said to: No, instead of closing it off to us poor muppets, how about instead you stop visiting this thread leave us to our desires?
Yeah damn right RS.

Ringo - i like ya mate, but this whole "close the thread" bullshit is so annoying man. If you only tune in here for positive news all the time - dont complain when its not "done dealio" YET.

Muppets are optimistic & while nothing has been sorted one way or the other - there's always a chance man.

I understand your frustrations - we're all frustrated by the lack of Van Gaal signings (Herrera & Shaw were United's), but there's still plenty of time to sort things out.

If we end the window without any further signings - we will all go f*cking ape-shit thats for sure. Until then, i suggest we dont get too worked up & "just see how things pan out".

Bloody frustrating nonetheless..

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
There never was any real evidence that United were in for him, people were clinging onto the BS media reports on this but there was never anything official.

That Andy Mitten guy who everyone hear was counting as a credible source was pulling the wool over everyone's eye's the whole time just trying to get twitter followers. It's a sad world we live in when people are that desperate for exposure.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
There are sad transfer muppets like myself that love nothing more than a good transfer rumour like everyone else and then there are sad deranged muppets like yourself that still post on these forums about how Vidal is coming here soon despite him either already signing for someone else or insisting he is going nowhere...I wouldn't be surprised one bit if I went into the Fabregas thread to see you posting 5 minutes ago about how we still have a chance of getting him even though he already officially signed for Chelsea months ago....learn to let go and you can be free like the rest of us
Funnily enough, if you look at my posts in the old Fabregas thread, you will see a post count of about 5 saying how it will be great for him to be here, but not one on him being the one. And for this one, I join the non-serious posters in joking that he could come here, whilst knowing very well that he could stay at JUventus or move elsewhere. Calling me deranged is quite frankly misinformed and derogatory, so I would recommend you to retract that comment rather than judge a person with those sort of statements, even when I am someone who would like to see this transfer happen yet remain one of the lowest "regular" contributors of this thread.

You, however, are one of many posters who have decided to take it upon yourself to announce a closing of the thread, just as you would make an announcement to the government to cut taxation by 10%: it wouldn't happen until a major factor had decided it beneficial for it to be closed. Why waste precious time typing the words "close the thread" when people enjoy the speculation of a transfer which could very well happen this window? Of course it is not definitive thar Vidal is moving to us. I don't see you targeting the main muppet Pexbo who has heroically gone through this saga like a man a mission. Instead of bringing out your holier than thou statments of telling me to "let go", how about you just let these threads run on through speculation, stay out of them and enjoy the rest of the threads instead? Because insulting the likes of me won't stop me from coming in here and reading what people have to say.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The internet: was it a mistake?
It's just a new context for us all to observe how crazy each and every muppet is . Back in the day I used to use Teletext and wait for it to refresh in the hope we'd signed Shearer or Batigol.

More recently I got home drunk and turned on to digital text and went to football - Man United (p981 iirc) and saw that United had signed Anderson.... and Nani. Great times.

Ringo 07

Funnily enough, if you look at my posts in the old Fabregas thread, you will see a post count of about 5 saying how it will be great for him to be here, but not one on him being the one. And for this one, I join the non-serious posters in joking that he could come here, whilst knowing very well that he could stay at JUventus or move elsewhere. Calling me deranged is quite frankly misinformed and derogatory, so I would recommend you to retract that comment rather than judge a person with those sort of statements, even when I am someone who would like to see this transfer happen yet remain one of the lowest "regular" contributors of this thread.

You, however, are one of many posters who have decided to take it upon yourself to announce a closing of the thread, just as you would make an announcement to the government to cut taxation by 10%: it wouldn't happen until a major factor had decided it beneficial for it to be closed. Why waste precious time typing the words "close the thread" when people enjoy the speculation of a transfer which could very well happen this window? Of course it is not definitive thar Vidal is moving to us. I don't see you targeting the main muppet Pexbo who has heroically gone through this saga like a man a mission. Instead of bringing out your holier than thou statments of telling me to "let go", how about you just let these threads run on through speculation, stay out of them and enjoy the rest of the threads instead? Because insulting the likes of me won't stop me from coming in here and reading what people have to say.
seriously just get over it.....I am certain we were seriously interested in Vidal before LVG realized that Fletcher could save the club 40 Million quid on a new central mid.....last season players like fletcher were pants because we had a pants manager....people get upset that i said to close this thread but I feel it is my duty to come into this thread to help others see the light that vidal is not coming here anytime soon because LVG has realized that fletcher is not the mid table tosh he appeared to be last season under Moyes

Ringo 07

Yeah damn right RS.

Ringo - i like ya mate, but this whole "close the thread" bullshit is so annoying man. If you only tune in here for positive news all the time - dont complain when its not "done dealio" YET.

Muppets are optimistic & while nothing has been sorted one way or the other - there's always a chance man.

I understand your frustrations - we're all frustrated by the lack of Van Gaal signings (Herrera & Shaw were United's), but there's still plenty of time to sort things out.

If we end the window without any further signings - we will all go f*cking ape-shit thats for sure. Until then, i suggest we dont get too worked up & "just see how things pan out".

Bloody frustrating nonetheless..
Look i'm just having a bit of fun by being confident that the vidal thing is never gonna happen......people get upset that i said to close this thread but I have fun claiming that vidal is not coming here anytime soon as I feel 95% confident he aint coming because LVG has realized that fletcher is not the mid table tosh he appeared to be last season under Moyes

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The last 5 minutes on Talksport have been quite funny. Three clueless guys talking about Schneiderlin would be better for us than Vidal because he's Premier League proven and younger plus Vidal is only "alright".

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
seriously just get over it.....I am certain we were seriously interested in Vidal before LVG realized that Fletcher could save the club 40 Million quid on a new central mid.....last season players like fletcher were pants because we had a pants manager....people get upset that i said to close this thread but I feel it is my duty to come into this thread to help others see the light that vidal is not coming here anytime soon because LVG has realized that fletcher is not the mid table tosh he appeared to be last season under Moyes
Rely on a guy to be the main man in midfield at the age of 30, after coming from an ulcer in his colon which ruled him out for 2 years and almost his entire career, and to trust him to play a full season with no hitches? OK sounds plausible, you have completely won me over with your argument.

The Neviller

Look i'm just having a bit of fun by being confident that the vidal thing is never gonna happen......people get upset that i said to close this thread but I have fun claiming that vidal is not coming here anytime soon as I feel 95% confident he aint coming because LVG has realized that fletcher is not the mid table tosh he appeared to be last season under Moyes
You should be a party planner. You're such a fun guy.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
It's just a new context for us all to observe how crazy each and every muppet is . Back in the day I used to use Teletext and wait for it to refresh in the hope we'd signed Shearer or Batigol.

More recently I got home drunk and turned on to digital text and went to football - Man United (p981 iirc) and saw that United had signed Anderson.... and Nani. Great times.
Great days..

http://balls.ie/football/consumed-football-90s/

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
The last 5 minutes on Talksport have been quite funny. Three clueless guys talking about Schneiderlin would be better for us than Vidal because he's Premier League proven and younger plus Vidal is only "alright".
Heard that & yer man said he was 28 aswell & not worth the money when we could get Schneiderlin who's available for half the price & that he was as good as Carrick but with more legs.. :houllier:

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Dont mean to sound mean to people on this forum but the British media haven't a clue about foreign players and leagues. I cringe most of the time i hear them talk about foreign players.

Sky Sports is the worst for this, bunch of muppets on European football. I remember they asked Jamie Redknapp about Pato and he turned around said something along the lines of he has never heard of him before.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
You're fast becoming like a Vegan, who walks into a Butchers & gets pissed off that they're selling meat..

Go to different shop!

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Heard that & yer man said he was 28 aswell & not worth the money when we could get Schneiderlin who's available for half the price & that he was as good as Carrick but with more legs.. :houllier:
Vidal would tear up the Prem, he has so much energy and his reading of the game is very good. Adapting to the league wouldn't be a problem for him.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Vidal would tear up the Prem, he has so much energy and his reading of the game is very good. Adapting to the league wouldn't be a problem for him.
If there was ever a foreign player so suited for the Prem - its Vidal. He'd love the all-action nature of it all & not have players he's fairly tackled - rolling around like they've been shot, like we see in Serie A & La Liga..

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
If there was ever a foreign player so suited for the Prem - its Vidal. He'd love the all-action nature of it all & not have players he's fairly tackled - rolling around like they've been shot, like we see in Serie A & La Liga..
From what I've seen from both him and Herrera, could you imagine both of them getting stuck into tackles through the middle like they do? They also possess technicality which would be brilliant to have going forward as well as bringing up the ball from the back 4. Having two players of the same mentality like that would be beautiful to watch.

pseudo_canadian

From what I've seen from both him and Herrera, could you imagine both of them getting stuck into tackles through the middle like they do? They also possess technicality which would be brilliant to have going forward as well as bringing up the ball from the back 4. Having two players of the same mentality like that would be beautiful to watch.
And on top of that our pressing, particularly in the center of the field, would be very formidable.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Both of them would be superb for us. It certainly wets the imagination alright. Plus we'd have Carrick & Fletch as options too..

pseudo_canadian

Yeah he's practically the perfect player for the PL. Physical, lots of energy, technically capable. It would be a seamless transition for him.

YzWayne

Is he taking Singapore Airlines? If yes, that means he will have a transit in Singapore! Not that I am able to breach through the security and talk to the King.

Also, any chance we can have another a list of top 10 posters who are non-muppets, constantly calling muppets BS with their 'aurturOFF' posts.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
Is he taking Singapore Airlines? If yes, that means he will have a transit in Singapore! Not that I am able to breach through the security and talk to the King.

Also, any chance we can have another a list of top 10 posters who are non-muppets, constantly calling muppets BS with their 'aurturOFF' posts.
Thats way too hard to compile. You'd have to go through the whole thread. Unless we took a set number of pages each though.. :lol:

YzWayne

Thats way too hard to compile. You'd have to go through the whole thread. Unless we took a set number of pages each though.. :lol:
Reason why I suggested that is because they have been testing the muppets' patience since page 1 and thus we should set them on bonfire.

joking about the bonfire, don't be so serious on a Monday.

Red Comet

There's no need to risk being jailed by custom authorities. Just by the $180 tickets to get a seat near the field entrance when Juventus play against Singapore-Select and you have more chances of being spotted by cameras as well.

Be sure to get huge banners to thank Evra - he never got the sending-off he deserved.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
There's no need to risk being jailed by custom authorities. Just by the $180 tickets to get a seat near the field entrance when Juventus play against Singapore-Select and you have more chances of being spotted by cameras as well.

Be sure to get huge banners to thank Evra - he never got the sending-off he deserved.
Evra never said he was considering leaving. In fact, after we signed Shaw, Evra said he was looking forward to working under Van Gaal & that he loves discipline. Then we hear from him last week that he decided to move on 3 or more months ago..

YzWayne

I don't think I would want to spend that money to watch a Juv side without Vidal. 16 Aug FFS! Vidal should be wearing a United shirt by then:devil:

Red Comet

I don't think I would want to spend that money to watch a Juv side without Vidal. 16 Aug FFS! Vidal should be wearing a United shirt by then:devil:
The transfer window closes on 31 Aug, so you'll never know. :smirk:

Even if it's a side without Vidal, you still get to watch the likes of Buffon, Chiellini, Pirlo, Pogba, Marchisio, Llorente, Tevez, and of course, Evra. Not half bad in my opinion.

RustyS

Baffling that no journo has asked LvG yet about this. Are they scared that the death stare will fry their brains or something :lol:?

Status
Not open for further replies.