Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylar Stern

We just need to stay strong and get this over the line now. Its going to be a big week either way in terms of this transfer, I think a few more pages could potentially swing things in our favour!

Marcus

I think the manager is just showing respect to the United players. He will first tell them (CM rejects)that they are not in his plans then sign Vidal thereafter.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think the manager is just showing respect to the United players. He will first tell them (CM rejects)that they are not in his plans then sign Vidal thereafter.
I agree. He wanted a fair trial, there's no point getting them fighting for a spot that isn't there.

With Vidal and Herrera, you can't imagine Cleverley stepping up to fight for 4th or 5th CM spot.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I'd be shitting myself if we came out with that about one of our top players.

There's "nothing concrete" in him leaving.

Sounds to me like "he might well be leaving but it's not definite yet."

So why do they keep talking?

NMF

Won't be bothered if we don't get Vidal just as long as we bring in another midfielder.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

I'm not too sure mate, it might just mean that there's nothing concrete :lol:

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
When you're prepared to sell something, you need to convey the message that you're open to the idea whilst also giving the impression that you don't really want to sell it.
Thanks for clearing up my rhetoric :p

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
It will be very funny if it is Vidal's agent who has been trying to force this move all along and neither Man United nor Juventus want it to happen. Will get even funnier if transfer still somehow goes through :rolleyes:

JaapStam1986

Sky Italia apparently saying he will definitely not be joining MUFC.

Time to move on folks...
They were always going to say that once Vidal left with Juve for their Asian tour. I still don't think the door is closed on this one, especially once United are back from their tour. LvG will have an idea on what areas he needs to strengthen in, what players will best suit for those areas and what players can leave. He's given them all a fair assessment over the tour and once he is back from the tour, it will time to get down to business with Ed.

LonelyFire

Sky Italia report something different every day.
Everything else they've said has been along the lines of "unless he asks to leave..." - which is not what they are saying today.

Too many people reading into what is not there - wish i was wrong but there comes a time when people need to realise there is nothing in this.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I was speaking with a business contact of mine who has a lot of contacts in sports journalism in the UK. He is usually pretty up on transfer business particularly in the North West, although he is not interested in forums, Twitter, etc. I haven't spoken to him in a while so I took th opportunity to speak to him about Vidal etc. He said he had heard literally nothing, not even a whisper, about Vidal to United, in fact he was surprised when I mentioned him.

The main stories re United he has heard from his contacts are Hummels, although he thought that had run into difficulties and Vermaelen, where there is interest from us and Barcelona.

This is strange because he is usually spot on with this stuff. We must be keeping our cards very close to our chest this summer, which is probably a good thing.

Lennon7

Sky Italia have been saying all week that the Vidal deal is on so why've they changed their mind :(

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima

I think this is what gives everyone hope well it does with me, the fact that they are constantly commenting about it and placing the ball in Vidal's court. It could be that he is on the way out but Juve are showing their fans if he does go it's because Vidal wants to leave rather than Juve wanting to sell him.

LVG did say he wanted to asses the squad during the tour before buying/selling, so it would be contradictory to sign Vidal while we are on tour.

But that's just me being hopeful!

Loony BoB

"Have we convinced everyone it's on? Okay, then it's old news. Let's say something dramatic. Tell them it's no longer on, and then a few days later, tell them it's on again. The suckers keep on coming back for more." said every media group that relies on advertising revenue ever.

Winrar

Sky Italia reporting it's dead in the water.
Has this ever been on anyways? Did we ever actually make a move to sign him?

So far it seems that nothing official has been done by either clubs, essentially we've reached 18k posts from pure speculation, unless there really is something going on behind the scenes whicih we'll find out by the end of the transfer window. Well done guys.

Mali_Zeus

Has this ever been on anyways? Did we ever actually make a move to sign him?

So far it seems that nothing official has been done by either clubs, essentially we've reached 18k posts from pure speculation, unless there really is something going on behind the scenes whicih we'll find out by the end of the transfer window. Well done guys.
I'm dreaming about signing him on 31st of this Month. what news that would be. Probably wont happen though.
As for your post, you're right. I'm desparate for us to sign him but this thread was just fun and games thus far.

Lennon7

Any player would be a welcome addition to our midfield, so if we sign an alternative player who'd fit then I'm not too bothered (:() about not getting Vidal.

We should start making a list about why we didn't want him anyway.
Item 1: Shorts were too low on his arse

Moonwalker

It sounds like they are desperate to cash in. It's a huge 'come and get him' plea from them all summer long.

We on the other hand, don't seem interested. Damp squib.

El Zoido

If we were going to sign him, why haven't we done so already? None of this makes sense, it really seems like the media have fabricated this whole thing, maybe instigated by his agent who wants to rinse Juve of some cash. It wouldn't be the first time the media have linked us with a player all summer and it turned out to be lies (Sneijder).

Nobody spends 6 weeks preparing a bid, we either want him or we don't. This isn't some complicated 3rd party negotiation, nothing has happened. We haven't bid, we haven't contacted Juve, we've done nothing and the global media are desperately trying to keep this non-story going. LVG needs time to assess his squad before deciding? Nonsense as far as I'm concerned. Nobody else is in for him and it's clear he has a price, there is no good reason why we haven't even placed an initial bid. If we wanted him it would have been a done deal the moment he came back off holiday from the World Cup.

Juan't Mata

I don't believe this is happening. BUT if it was happening, I'd read nothing into the fact that he hadn't been signed yet. He's getting over a serious injury, and rushed back after an op to play in the world cup when he probably shouldn't have. He won't be ready to play pre season games till at least another few weeks. If the transfer was going ahead, delaying it till the end of the window won't bw any disadvantage at all. He can't even train properly at the moment. Waiting as long as possible to make sure the knee is healing fully would be the right thing to do given the massive fees rumored to be involved.

MDFC Manager

The round tables have been laid out. Its the clearest sign yet, that King Artur is on his way! :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.