Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0x0rwolfo

How is it bad business if he is stupidly good for United?
Yeah, I'm not sure how it really works the "option to buy for x". Is there negotiation of that fee? Can they whack the price up if he's insanely good or...?

Also, I am kind of thinking like this:

Some people are saying the price is too much, but we are not paying it yet so it's irrelevant. We should only pay the price if he proves to be worth that much in the season that he is here (stupidly [50m] good). That is taking up the 'bad deal' (as regarded as now).

Last edited:

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Here's the original post you quoted:

It didn't say Falcao was better than Costa. It said they were equal, which is what I said the original post said, you get it?
No there was a post by Religion I think it was that said Falcao is 100% better than Costa, that was the one I meant. The bit where I said Costa is ahead I wasnt jumping all over the other guy I was simply saying what I think is the case now. I did however jump over the 100% better one.

MDFC Manager

Forgive me if I'm being naive here but he could be anywhere in the world - we'd be negotiating with his representatives wouldn't we?
You're right. And for what its worth, we don't really need hard negotiations with Vidal. Its negotiations with Juve that are the stumbling block.

Cina

No there was a post by Religion I think it was that said Falcao is 100% better than Costa, that was the one I meant.
Wonderful, except that wasn't the post that started the whole thing, was it? That wasn't the post that started your "Costa is better than Falcao" crap, in fact that was in response to your "Costa > Falcao" crap. He had more of a reason to retort (you saying Costa > Falcao)than you originally had to retort (saying Falcao = Costa).

Let's be honest here Rob, you got it wrong, didn't you? You mixed up the posts, be honest, it's ok.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Wonderful, except that wasn't the post that started the whole thing, was it? That wasn't the post that started your "Costa is better than Falcao" crap, in fact that was in response to your "Costa > Falcao" crap. He had more of a reason to retort (you saying Costa > Falcao)than you originally had to retort (saying Falcao = Costa).
Read my edit. I said right now Costa is ahead, fair point dont you think? I didnt say Costa has always been better or that hes miles ahead. You are the one jumping on my comments not the other way around.

Cina

Read my edit.
Your timeline is all wrong though if you really believe you're actually countering me here.

Anyway, enough, this isn't the Falcao v Costa thread. But you need to stop jumping on every little inconspicuous thing said regarding any Chelsea player on here and turning it into some battle. Savings Falcao = Costa was pretty harmless yet you jumped on that and you started saying Costa > Falcao, which then sparked the reactions from Utd supporters.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Get out of the Vidal thread.

Cina

Alright alright, shut up, everyone including Rob knows he was wrong, so it's grand now.

Stick to Vidal please, otherwise I'll hand out warnings.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Any chance we can move this argument at least to the Falcao thread?

thejtrain

I still think we'd have had him had we bid for him early, say around Aug 15, giving Juve enough time to replace him. Now it's become impossible they'll let their best player leave on the deadline day without a decent replacement in place. :(

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
So we've established that Falcao =/= Costa but neither are better, but where does this leave Vidal? Some places seem to be saying he's staying put, some that we're preparing a last minute bid. So basically the same position we were in like 2 months ago.

I guess once Herrera is back and Blind is in we actually have a solid midfield now if nothing else, so if Vidal is a January target now it should still work out well. Can't wait to spend the whole of January on this roller coaster once more.

That said, there's 7 hours yet. Get typing Woody.

Devil may care

Given how fast the Falcao deal happened I haven't given up all hope of Vidal, but if not I'd be happy with Schniederlin or Moutinho to carry us through until the inevitable attempt to buy Strootman.

Sir A1ex

Anyway, back on track... this thread is slipping badly on the homepage, it's making me nervous.

It's getting towards the time of day when we coudl really do with starting to hear some rumours... come on Ed, don't let us down now, we've come so far together!

MiamiSpartan

IF we signed Vidal and Falcao becomes permanent, would Copa America be a concern?

Vidal/Falcao/Di Maria/Rojo.

Copa America has never really affected United, but would with all these players.
Adding to that, in addition to the regularly scheduled 2015 Copa America, there will be a special 100 year anniversary "Centenario" Copa America in 2016. So that's three straight summers with a major tournament for those countries (unless they all send their B teams in 2016, which is certainly possible).

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I refreshed this tab from three hours ago and saw 20 new pages... leading me to think something had happened. :(

Paul the Wolf

France - can't win anything with Swedish turnips
The misunderstanding is that green and gold represented simply transfer fees and trophies...
Wasn't referring to any particular "campaign" just fed up with the moaners and "fans" who continually criticize and run the club and players down. All I want is the club to keep winning and the fans to support them through good times and bad (and the club never to be owned by an oil sheikh)

Status
Not open for further replies.