Arturo Vidal

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyoManU

We will not buy Vidal in this window, makes no sense after we bought Blind/Herrera/DeMaria.
I wouldn't say it makes no sense, but I think you are probably right in that he is not coming.

Sir A1ex

It is with a heavy heart that I have to admit this isn't happening.

I just took a look at last year's BBC coverage, and even though the Fellaini deal only really kicked off at 8pm when he handed in a transfer request, there were over 20 mentions of him by this time of day.

This year there is one solitary mention of Vidal:

Twitter have revealed the most talked-about players in the summer transfer window so far have been Arturo Vidal, Sami Khedira, Marco Reus, Radamel Falcao and Mats Hummels, while prior to transfer deadline day the most talked about transfer is Angel Di Maria.

I'm handing over to @Pexbo, he's our last hope.

Sir A1ex

On the bright side, he's not going anywhere else, so after tomorrow this thread can be carefully wrapped in bubble wrap, so that we can get it out again in the new year and fulfil its destiny.

Mister Ed

Falcao happened because RVP needs surgery and we have reached an agreement over Hernandez to Real, so we needed a striker and did a last minute push. I don't really see why we would suddenly make a push for Vidal, we have brought in Blind, Herrera and Di Maria for the midfield and it seems we are sticking with Fellaini, Fletcher and Carrick and Cleverley move might be off for some reason. No reason at all to expect a sudden change of mind about Vidal, if we wanted him we could have gotten him months ago, for some reason we didn't, I don't think the situation has changed in any way, so no reason to expect a late push for him. Falcao will be the last, maybay a cutdeal on Moutinho if Monaco really want to get rid but I don't think it is likely.

RedorDead21

Falcao happened because RVP needs surgery and we have reached an agreement over Hernandez to Real, so we needed a striker and did a last minute push. I don't really see why we would suddenly make a push for Vidal, we have brought in Blind, Herrera and Di Maria for the midfield and it seems we are sticking with Fellaini, Fletcher and Carrick and Cleverley move might be off for some reason. No reason at all to expect a sudden change of mind about Vidal, if we wanted him we could have gotten him months ago, for some reason we didn't, I don't think the situation has changed in any way, so no reason to expect a late push for him. Falcao will be the last, maybay a cutdeal on Moutinho if Monaco really want to get rid but I don't think it is likely.
Moutinho loan would be just fantastic.

Sir A1ex

Next summer I'm steering clear of whatever the biggest transfer saga is. They always end in disappointment.

I'm only going to hang around in niche transfer threads with <1,000 posts, like some kind of muppet hipster.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I sense a mass suicide from the CAF at 11pm tonight :lol:
Mass suicide after doing 2 signings today, 1 being Falcao? Just a few days after signing Di Maria? Maybe a few disappointed but I doubt there will be any mass suicide, these last few weeks have been more then any muppet could have hoped for!

Nogbadthebad

Its obviously not a money issue, so I have to think its down to his knee.

I also think Strootman is Van Gaal's preferred choice and if we are waiting until January, that is who we will buy.

Seveneric

Mass suicide after doing 2 signings today, 1 being Falcao? Just a few days after signing Di Maria? Maybe a few disappointed but I doubt there will be any mass suicide, these last few weeks have been more then any muppet could have hoped for!
Falcao and?

Red Stone

For the first time this summer I've genuinely lost all hope of this happening. Not enough smoke and it's getting late.

Redguern

I vote that this thread be renamed as the "Vidal memorial general football thread" and kept open in perpetuity by the mods so that never again will we witness the thread count death spiral that this has become

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Well, physically too late for it to happen now. Real shame. There's always one each summer isn't there?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Herrera, Di Maria and Falcao.

That is proper mental. Now shift some players out.

Sir A1ex

A no-go. Not enough time in my opinion. We'd have to fly him out here as well.
Technically, no it's not too late. There are various ways the logistics could be sorted.

But in reality, yes, it is too late. Unless some preposterous sense of theatre has inspired woodie to organise by far the most secretive transfer ever witnessed, this just ain't happening. We'd have heard by now if there was the slightest chance.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
My prediction: There will be a late rumour linking us with him again and that will be enough to generate another 50 pages on here. I think this thread will be over near to 700.

And of course, we won't sign him.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So this is what dying feels like.

Status
Not open for further replies.