Ashes I - 2013 - In England

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Really don't know why Broad put them into bat on a good wicket with a fast outfield, get runs on the board should have been the
priority.
They also choose not to play Carberry on his home ground, he is the top domestic T20 batsman. Wierd.

Finn has lost all confidence and is always likely to go around the park.

Great batting by Finch, but some odd decisions by England.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Good batting by England. Never going to chase this total down after that extraordinary innings but Root's played really nicely.

NinjaFletch

Finch. feck.

I honestly don't understand how Root can score at a strike rate of 200 either but also look shotless in tests and score at 8s either. The guy has all the shots.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
If England hadn't lost 4 wickets, they could have had a go at it.
The sole reason I loathe T20. There are some good things it has done for the game but for the spectacle if you bat first and score big and the team batting second loses a couple of wickets the game is over.

ODI's are more versatile where you can be 4 for shit and there is still time to rebuild and limp home.

edit: I just saw Root cop one on the grill. fecking Warner running straight in there getting in his face. What a knob :lol:.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Why the feck is Mitchell Johnson playing international cricket. feck me, talk about stealing a living.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
So ghali what you reckon they'll score here?
310 at least from here. 320+ would be too many to chase I feel.
:lol:

Great innings from Clarke. Will be tough chasing these.

Thought Rankin bowled very well. It's pretty handy being able to nick Irish players, who already have ODI experience. Be a shame if they get test status...

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
:lol: rankin bowled really well I thought. Savage stuff from
Johnson.

I feel for Carberry. I like him seen him play a few blinders.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
You're always going to struggle with the ball if Bopara is having to bowl ten overs as an extra bowler.

Tredwell.. :lol:. Kerrigan in 30 years.

DOTA

You're always going to struggle with the ball if Bopara is having to bowl ten overs as an extra bowler.

Tredwell.. :lol:. Kerrigan in 30 years.
Bopara bowled pretty well. Tredwell rarely gets hit for that much. There are few players who can play off-spin like Clarke can, in fairness. Also, if you mention Kerrigan again, in a derogatory manor, I will cut you!

Was impressed with Johnson. He looks so much better with a white ball in his hand. Not sure Ahmed is anything special. I don't know too much about how the Aussie spinners generally do in ODI's but I can't help but feel you must have better options than him.

Lastly, why is Bailey not in the test side? Is he genuinely bad in first class cricket? He comes across as having far more about him than many of those who batted in the Ashes series.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Bopara bowled pretty well. Tredwell rarely gets hit for that much. There are few players who can play off-spin like Clarke can, in fairness. Also, if you mention Kerrigan again, in a derogatory manor, I will cut you!

Was impressed with Johnson. He looks so much better with a white ball in his hand. Not sure Ahmed is anything special. I don't know too much about how the Aussie spinners generally do in ODI's but I can't help but feel you must have better options than him.

Lastly, why is Bailey not in the test side? Is he genuinely bad in first class cricket? He comes across as having far more about him than many of those who batted in the Ashes series.

I don't get it either. Chapelli on ausFTA crapped on about how shit he was as well, how he didn't play through cover at all :houllier: and go and look at his shield season. Go and have a fecking look at Phil Hughes shield season and ask yourself why the feck he's failed away from home in the last two series. Obviously picking on shield ability isn't the be all and end all. I think we need another roll of red tape soon. The guy should be batting 4 every day of the week. How on earth he isn't just boggles my fecking mind.

Johnson is so up and down it's brutal trying to get behind him. He's all over the shop but bowls some jaffas. Test cricket these days is just way to clinical to accommodate someone like that.

Kerrigan.. :lol:. Oh yeah I didn't actually see past 2 for shit when England were batting. Fell asleep just before Root got out. Might go see some highlights now.

DOTA

Johnson is so up and down it's brutal trying to get behind him. He's all over the shop but bowls some jaffas. Test cricket these days is just way to clinical to accommodate someone like that.
Nail, head, etc...

In modern day ODI's, you can get away with bowling some bad balls, if you can bowl good ones, as good balls have to be played at. In test matches, your bad balls still get punished and your good balls are, more often than not, left or blocked.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Jeez some soft dismissals. Just watching the highlights now. Pieterson :lol: feck me, what a gumby.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
if the ball's hitting the stumps it should be out, none of this umpire's call bullshit.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
What the feck is up with the ruts in the pitch again?... That is not natural surely?
On this deck our seamers should absolutely clean up. 230ish should be a decent enough score to bowl to. Of course 250 from here unlikely but would be great.

Tredwell... :lol:.. I shouldn't laugh our spinners are garbage as well.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Holy shit 270 is on here. How in the feck, I say again is Bailey not in the test team. Makes no sense at all.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
HATTY. Haha pieterson, root, Trott. Great hatty as well three of the biggest cnuts in the game.

Well a bit harsh on Root. But pieterson the gumby and Trott the noodler is great. Will not be surprised of we clean up England pretty cheap. Johnson is bowling some vicious deliveries.

DOTA

Cracking innings from Buttler, after some good work from Carberry and Morgan. Bailey once again showing a lot of fight in Australia's innings.

I suspect that's probably it. The way the weather is going, I'd be surprised if a result is possible on Monday.

NinjaFletch

Buttler is such an exciting player. Love watching him in the shorter forms, didn't even think he'd got hold of one of those 6s and it cleared the fecking stadium. :lol:

Made up for Carberry as well, hopefully done enough to stay around the team and have a look at the T20s in 2014, much better player than Lumb in that form of the game.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Buttler is such an exciting player. Love watching him in the shorter forms, didn't even think he'd got hold of one of those 6s and it cleared the fecking stadium. :lol:

Made up for Carberry as well, hopefully done enough to stay around the team and have a look at the T20s in 2014, much better player than Lumb in that form of the game.
That innings the other night in the loss (not the win) he looked a bit spastic. That was a very lucky innings :lol:. But good talent is always good to watch. Sux for Carberry. I like him he struggled a bit. Shaun Marsh syndrome.

Phil Hughes. :lol: You dead set spastic, please go and crawl into a grade players hole and never return to international cricket again.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Oh btw, Rankin. Superb series. Got a real shot of coming to Australia he'll love it over here.