Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

meamth

When we aren't even bothering to attack I don't see what he offers over Shaw.
Exactly. Strange choice by Mourinho. In big games we should play Shaw instead of Young, at least Shaw is miles better defensively and have pace to cover his mistakes.

el3mel

Defensive liability and without Fellaini his crossing is useless.

We should stop with this experiment. Better give Shaw the main spot and let's see how it goes on.

Sylar

Gives the ball away a lot for a LB that doesnt cross.

drdoityourself

He does this quite often. Slides down the pecking order and becomes the forgotten 25th man, rises up to the first eleven with 5-6 cracking games. Then unfortunately it takes the manager the next 15-20 average games to realize that he's just not at the standard we need.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Playing him for experience is BS.
Shaw is better defensively.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
A cracking back up player for both fullback positions. He should not be occupying the left back role over Shaw. It’s utter madness.

Bojan11

Needs to stop checking back always. Sometimes a first time cross is better.

LoCalXT

HOW does he continuously start over Shaw ??
At least Shaw will improve with games.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Shaw>Young. Only Mourinho can’t see this.

AshRK

He is a useless footballer. Yes I said that. People call lukaku donkey but the real brainless donkey is this guy.

Kag

He's back to the woeful sort of form that made him a total waste of a shirt for the most of his time here.

Shaw should be on the pitch and it's an indictment on Mourinho's transfer planning that we're playing this pretender at left back nearly two years into his reign.

Silas

Honestly getting annoyed at all the cruyff turns. Slows down the play so much because he has to cut back onto his right foot.

El Jefe

Terrible just terrible.

Jose saying we don't need a LB in the summer when Young starts for us is an absolute joke. He's nowhere near good enough and he isn't even a fecking LB.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Absolute shambles that he’s playing ahead of Shaw. Obviously José doesn’t rate him as a long-term option, which is a shame because there are few who’d actually upgrade him, Tierney being one.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'll never understand why he gets picked over the only actual left back we have (who has actually played well the chances he got).

Idxomer

The competition of who's a worse a fullback is won in the 1st half by Valencia despite some fight from Young.

Seriously every match this guy gets dummied at least once in the most hilarious way and almost always leaves himself and other defenders exposed.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's had a decent season, but not great today. Jose seems to like his full backs to tuck right in and be narrow, so not his fault that Moses has all the time in the world out there when we don't have the ball, but on the attack he slows everything down by cutting back on to his right. He can use his left well, he's had a few opportunities to whip it in first time with his left and he chose to let their defence reset as he cuts back, and then ends up playing it short anyway. He's slowing us right down.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Shaw in worst form is probably better than this. He's even worse than Valencia today.

Devil may care

If he's really seen as the first choice LB then there can be no doubt that we need to buy a new one in the summer.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Horrible performance.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I used to be in favor of him starting because he was a bit creative when attacking but nowadays he's a liability at the back and doesn't create much.

buckooo1978

he and Valencia really look limited in terms of creativity but both fought well today

obvious areas of improvement

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Really need to make way for Shaw. Absolutely terrible for a while now. Jose always makes some strange decisions...

stepic

Shocking. So predictable. The fact we play a lot down the left too means he has way too many touches. Never runs either or makes overlaps. The one decision I can’t justify from Jose. Ludicrous to start him.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
:lol: I am more shocked about the comments here. He was okay today, defended well and didn't produce much in attack. What was so "horrible" he did today according to some? I really don't understand. He's better than Shaw now for sure, who can't dribble or shoot, YOung's giving us more options in attacking third, where we're currently lacking while being solid at the back, yes he's been solid.

Shaw might be a bit better at defending end that he got better this season, it is nothing more than above average..

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Thought Shaw for Young was the obvious change at half time. Chelsea had obviously targetted him and Moses was clear in attacking the outside, his weaker left side. Martial offered him no support, but the formation was more of a 4-3-1-2, so he can’t have expected much.

Young was fine second half once we were in the ascendancy. It says a lot that Moses was eventually pulled, even though he was clearly on top in the first 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.