Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FujiVice

Fit again. Contract is up next summer. And Watford are after him apparently (7/2 odds for him to join them by the end of the window). Cant believe this guy has only scored 14 goals for us. That's a pretty shite return if you think about it. Everyone seems to love him, though. Fergie, Moyes, Van Gaal and Jose all trusted him. The man is the ultimate survivor.

Can see him surviving for another year with our limitations at left back.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Damn, is this his official Performances thread. That's pretty damning. Most players had more posts than this within a couple of hours of the thread being made.

FujiVice

Damn, is this his official Performances thread. That's pretty damning. Most players had more posts than this within a couple of hours of the thread being made.
TBF, usually this thread is filled with posts like "is this cnut still playing for us?" Better to be ignored in this case, I imagine.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Fit again. Contract is up next summer. And Watford are after him apparently (7/2 odds for him to join them by the end of the window). Cant believe this guy has only scored 14 goals for us. That's a pretty shite return if you think about it. Everyone seems to love him, though. Fergie, Moyes, Van Gaal and Jose all trusted him. The man is the ultimate survivor.

Can see him surviving for another year with our limitations at left back.
Mourinho might be welcoming him so he can rest Valencia once in a while.

Fox E Power

It's the right time to move him on, his utility is no longer as valuable to us. I'll admit his stock has risen for me since the Moyes era when I wanted rid at any price, but he is a waste of a squad place at this stage.

rocks13

Good to have him back He's a great option when Jose wants to park the bus when we play away from home against decent teams.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Did it really take 6 weeks for this thread to get a reply? :lol:

Hed Zitin

He's the only option we have to play LB and RB with any pace after Shaw and Valencia. No chance he should leave if we don't get another LB.

This guy is always consistent every time I've watched him play fullback. Very underrated in that role on here.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
We'll need him when we play 6 at the back.

On a serious note, should really offload him. Never been good enough.

el3mel

Until we get some good new fullbacks he should stay. He's a good squad player that never complains much about not playing.

Keep him this season as a backup and next summer sell him and get 2 new RB and LBs.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Can't wait for him and Shaw to get back, better options at left back than Darmian imo. Young's versatility will end up being important as the season wears on.
I agree. Ive been saying for a while we should play Young at left back once hes fit. He would do a much better job there what we currently have in my opinion. Much like Valencia but Young can actually cross lol.

Does anyone actually know when he's due back?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Another LB that needs to get on to his right foot to deliver a cross.
Doing my head in.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I agree. Ive been saying for a while we should play Young at left back once hes fit. He would do a much better job there what we currently have in my opinion. Much like Valencia but Young can actually cross lol.

Does anyone actually know when he's due back?
Didn't they say November. Maybe we should have just bought a left back.

dcullivanio

Great cross in for the goal. it's easy to forget he's got a bit of a wand of a right foot when he wants to perform

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
He's a very capable back up

I dont understand the negativity he receives tbh I like him. He is probably our best crosser

IrishRedDevil

He's been decent. Few balls down the right wing for Lukaku to run the channel and a good cross for the Fellaini goal.

He is offering more than the current Valencia, it has to be said.

FujiVice

How many goals would we score if we had a first teamer who could consistantly put balls in like Young did for Fellaini there? With the height in our team we'd be banging them in.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Movement just before the assist was also slick. Surprisingly ready to be a starter.

mu4c_20le

He's been pinging those crosses into the box all day, about time one met the big fellas head.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he's seeing too much of the ball, really. It keeps going out right, we should look to switch up play a little more.

KN5

I dont understand the negativity he receives tbh I like him. He is probably our best crosser
People often see him as over the hill or just because his expectations when we purchased him were so high they feel it's relevant still. Very capable of backing up Valencia for the main fact he's a work horse, like Valencia, like Herrera, like Jones, he gives maximum effort all the time and quite evidently puts in better crosses than Valencia, that's not even just based off this game at all. Would be good to start vs smaller teams where he can push up and not have to defend much.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's not going to get ahead of Valencia, but there's a gaping hole at leftback where he should be a real option. Best case scenario is obviously that Shaw gets back to his best and can maintain it, but if that's not going to happen I'd like to see Young there. He's probably not going to be quite as dangerous a crosser on the left, but it's still going to offer a hell of a lot more offensively than Blind and Darmian.

El Zoido

His crossing is better from the right. In many ways I prefer him to Valencia but he's nowhere near him defensively.

Slimcharles69

Supports
MK Dons

He's received grief the moment he signed but he's been a decent servant for the club. Even at times when we've played like trash he's always given 110%. Maybe if he was foreign he'd be given more respect I don't understand the negativity either

arnie_ni

Games were we have thw bulk of possession like tonight or stoke at the weekend, probably half of the league in fact, we would be better starting him at rb than valencia because he's so much better in the final 3rd.

Makes a massive difference when we have someone who can actaully cross

dcullivanio

He's not going to get ahead of Valencia, but there's a gaping hole at leftback where he should be a real option. Best case scenario is obviously that Shaw gets back to his best and can maintain it, but if that's not going to happen I'd like to see Young there. He's probably not going to be quite as dangerous a crosser on the left, but it's still going to offer a hell of a lot more offensively than Blind and Darmian.
I agree to some extent, however he always has to check back onto his right foot when he's on the left which slows things down and isn't as fluid. His delivery is just as good but the striker/on-coming midfielder has to check their run for it to work. That said he's a decent option.

mu4c_20le

People often see him as over the hill or just because his expectations when we purchased him were so high they feel it's relevant still.
I get this feeling as well. Someone was complaining about his crossing in the match thread before the goal, and i was thinking, compared to the likes of Blind/Darmian/Valencia who are lucky to deliver one decent, dangerous cross in 90 mins? I think he gets judged with ridiculous standards at times. Hes a great option to have, and a popular figure in the dressing room as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.