Ashley Young to Inter Milan | Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

I imagine we'd play Laird as he's fairly highly rated.
It just seems a strange time to think about reducing a paper thin squad even further if no one is coming in. Just throwing more kids in a pressured battle for top 4 and the EL would be very harsh.

Judas

Open to offers
Bonkers decision at this time to do this, we’ve got barely any senior players, we’ve got barely any players at all. Genuinely have no idea what we’re doing as a club if this is true.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Bonkers decision at this time to do this, we’ve got barely any senior players, we’ve got barely any players at all. Genuinely have no idea what we’re doing as a club if this is true.
No doubt it will be about saving a couple of million in wages. Which is a sign of where we're at financially as well.

Josep Dowling

He'll be 35 in a few months. AWB, Dalot, Laird, Williams and Shaw is enough cover for the rest of the season.

Hard worker and a good servant but time for us to move on.
Cover they may be but only AWB is currently better than Young.

Name Changed

weso26
I like him. He has been a decent servant and he tries. He was made captain so he must be a good influence.

Saying that, he is getting on. Williams/Shaw at left back and AWB/Dalot at right back is the future.

Josep Dowling

At his age though, not for long.
I would be happy to see him leave if we got someone in, which we won’t. I would much rather let his contract down and keep him until the end of the season.

We have barely any senior players as it is. We need a balance of youth and senior players which is totally wrong at the moment. Getting rid of him just makes that balance much worse.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Cover they may be but only AWB is currently better than Young.
You three months ago:

"A fecking disgrace Young plays for this team let alone taking freekick, corners and captain of this once great football club."

It's time to move on from Young.

RedIan

Regardless of what you think of young ( i think hes unfairly slated) we cannot afford to let any senior players go until we transfer some players in.. the squad is already piss weak.

arthurka

He is still better than Dalot and Shaw but he wants to play and hope he does well.. The CAF will find a new scapegoat soon enough.

Castia

He will leave for free in the summer anyway so let him go.

AwB, Dalot, Shaw and Williams are options at full back it’s one of the only places in the team where we aren’t so bad.

Josep Dowling

You three months ago:

"A fecking disgrace Young plays for this team let alone taking freekick, corners and captain of this once great football club."

It's time to move on from Young.
Yes I know! But I have no confidence in this board in replacing players that are leaving. This is the major issue.

el3mel

Why did we give him a new contract last season if we are willing to let go him next season by Jan while our depth in fullbacks is totally fecked?

I gave up trying to understand anything done by our hopeless club.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Let him go at the end of the window but now? We’re a AWB injury away from a real shit show. Seems Crazy.

Tarrou

This must be for the summer right?

No reason to sell him in Jan

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
If we sell then it is a clear indication that we will also buy. Bring it on
Be careful what you wish for. I'm sure people said the same thing when Fellaini and Herrera went too.

Knowing the way we operate, Williams is his replacement already.

youngrell

I thought I’d seen it all, but no, here’s the Caf collectively up in arms at the possible sale of Ashley Young :houllier:

Name Changed

weso26
I would be happy to see him leave if we got someone in, which we won’t. I would much rather let his contract down and keep him until the end of the season.

We have barely any senior players as it is. We need a balance of youth and senior players which is totally wrong at the moment. Getting rid of him just makes that balance much worse.
I agree that we need experience but I'd want the experienced players to be at least decent still. I think Young's best days are way behind him. It's not like he was a top full back like Irwin or Neville who could pass some vast experience on. He was a decent winger who was converted into a full back and that was the only way he was going to get games.

I'd personally prefer both Williams and Shaw at left back.

Samid

Yes I know! But I have no confidence in this board in replacing players that are leaving. This is the major issue.
We've got five other full backs. Young doesn't need replacing right now. Use the second half of the season to see if Williams is ready, if not then buy an experienced LB.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Ole is resigning to allow for a quality manager to come in? How considerate of him.
He's not wrong, is he?

It would be crazy to give Young away for what I could only assume would be a free transfer. We have nothing to gain from it and everything to lose.

Judas

Open to offers
We've got five other full backs. Young doesn't need replacing right now. Use the second half of the season to see if Williams is ready, if not then buy an experienced LB.
Really lack experience, it’s mad to think we’d let another senior player leave. Look at Matic, it was a relief to have him in that second half and I’m far from his biggest fan. The balance is so messed up with this squad.

ravi2

I am not a fan of Ashley Cole but I have zero faith in the clue to adequately replace him if he goes so him leaving mid season is a very strange decision given the current state of the squad.

Samid

I thought I’d seen it all, but no, here’s the Caf collectively up in arms at the possible sale of Ashley Young :houllier:
And it takes two seconds to find posts from the same people crying over Young still being at the club.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
And it takes two seconds to find posts from the same people crying over Young still being at the club.
Beat me to it

Wait till he starts at the weekend and then look at the reaction :lol:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He's not wrong, is he?

It would be crazy to give Young away for what I could only assume would be a free transfer. We have nothing to gain from it and everything to lose.
Seriously, no of course not.

His wages are what? ~£2m until end of season? Literally makes no sense, even if we have a replacement lined up, we should just keep Young until the summer. We're short as it is.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think the issue is the club is selling players and not replacing them, like Lukaku.
No there's people who are saying he's better than Shaw (therefore should be playing) and will do well in Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.