Kick-off
Thu, 9 July 2020 @ 8:15pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

paulscholes18

I’m worried about the game tomorrow now.
    Saw a stat saying we could become the first team in premier league history to win 4 games in a row by 3+ goals. Guaranteed to draw or lose now

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
    Just looking at the bottom of the table: AV will have plenty of fight in them. Safety’s still a possibility for them.
    3 pts tomorrow will be massive for them, so I hope no one at Utd is being complacent.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
    So win against Villa and we are 1 point behind fourth place and 6 in front of sixth.
    And with the City decision to come, we might be virtually guaranteed CL with 5th if Uefa don't drop the ball.

RedDevilRoshi

Just got a feeling this one is going to be a tight affair with a one goal winning margin for either side. Think there will definitely be a couple of goals in this game.

Starting XI

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka
    Bailly
    Maguire
    Shaw

Pogba
    Matic

Greenwood
    Fernandes
    Rashford

Martial

subs:
    Romero
    Dalot
    Mengi
    Williams
    McTominay
    Fred
    Mata
    James
    Ighalo

Score Prediction:
    Aston Villa 2-3 Manchester United

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
    I’m worried about the game tomorrow now.
    Saw a stat saying we could become the first team in premier league history to win 4 games in a row by 3+ goals. Guaranteed to draw or lose now
    Yeah that’s definitely not happening tmrw.

ruskyline

Just got a feeling this one is going to be a tight affair with a one goal winning margin for either side. Think there will definitely be a couple of goals in this game.

Starting XI

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka
    Bailly
    Maguire
    Shaw

Pogba
    Matic

Greenwood
    Fernandes
    Rashford

Martial

subs:
    Romero
    Dalot
    Mengi
    Williams
    McTominay
    Fred
    Mata
    James
    Ighalo

Score Prediction:
    Aston Villa 2-3 Manchester United
    We are going to play a new formation that's never been used before! We'll be playing in 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 formation. Cool!

norm87cro

If Grealish plans to come to United, then it’s actually not in his Best interests to play very well this time - any points lost may deprive us (and Grealish if he joins) of CL...
    Aldo that is technically true he is going to give it a go. This isn't Italy after all and Villa are fighting to stay in the league. But having said that I'll go with a 3 1 United.

gajender

It would be comfortable 3 points and I expect a good professional performance as well, not nervous at all.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
    I don't mean to sound melodramatic, but to me this is the biggest game of the season so far.
    Win and we set ourselves up for too four, if not three.
    Lose or draw and we are relying on other people's results again.
    A win here would keep the momentum going and really unsettle Chelsea and Leicester.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
    If we seriously drop any points from now to the Liescter game, then we don't deserve UCL. Our road to UCL is paved and if we still can't make it, then we bloody hell deserve Europa League with Arsenal and other Shi* teams.
    Don't debate these games are very winnable....but to consistently win games at 2 games a week with limited depth...it's always a challenge.

Especially considering it would be the sory of winning run we've not managed since Fergie...

It's the kindest run in of all the top 6 though.

Just keep tge pressure on.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    Don't debate these games are very winnable....but to consistently win games at 2 games a week with limited depth...it's always a challenge.

Especially considering it would be the sory of winning run we've not managed since Fergie...

It's the kindest run in of all the top 6 though.

Just keep tge pressure on.
    Villa are in the same situation, they only just played away at Liverpool on the weekend. Tiredness shouldn't be an excuse as we've been able to rotate well and we had a home match this weekend.

No game in the premier league right now is easy and as we saw against Norwich if you take your foot off the gas you can get stung.

I do think though the boys are extremely confident and will no doubt be very motivated. They'll desperately want CL football next year + the payrise that comes with it.

Villa are fighting to stay in the league but if we score early and dominate possession they'll fold.

I'm gonna say 2-0 United.

jamesjimmybyrondean

As long as Pogba Bruno Rashford Martial and Greenwood are on the pitch we are always going to score. It's the defense I'm worried about. We've conceded the least goals since Bruno came but the defense doesn't fill me with confidence at all. Matic Maguire and Lindelof. Their pace is such a weak link against counter attacks and a team bursting with energy and pace

Infra-red

Needless to say, this is a massive game for us and a must win. A chance to go six points clear of sixth-placed Wolves (pending the CAS decision on City's CL ban, due Monday), and to close the gap on Leicester to a single point. We need these three points.

I expect an unchanged lineup, although this is probably the last time we'll see our post-lockdown 'first XI' in the league until the final game at the King Power. Rotation will be the name of the game vs Saints/Palace/West Ham.

cyberman

Needless to say, this is a massive game for us and a must win. A chance to go six points clear of sixth-placed Wolves (pending the CAS decision on City's CL ban, due Monday), and to close the gap on Leicester to a single point. We need these three points.

I expect an unchanged lineup, although this is probably the last time we'll see our post-lockdown 'first XI' in the league until the final game at the King Power. Rotation will be the name of the game vs Saints/Palace/West Ham.
    Its 4 days to Southampton. 3 days then to the next game which is routine all season for teams in European competition.
    Fans have been warning about fixture congestion since the restart but it just isn't there imo

Infra-red

Its 4 days to Southampton. 3 days then to the next game which is routine all season for teams in European competition.
    Fans have been warning about fixture congestion since the restart but it just isn't there imo
    We play four games in nine days, starting on Monday. We'll certainly field our strongest XI vs Chelsea in the middle of that run, so some rotation either side is quite likely. I expect that Bailly, Williams, Fred/McTominay, Ighalo and maybe James, will all get a start somewhere in there.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I hope not. Even if we win today it's still just 6 points clear with 4 games left. We need to start our best against Southampton to win and wrap this up. Wolves face Everton and I see them dropping points which would end the top 4 battle

Web of Bissaka

FACING VILLA
    Aston Villa have won just one of the last 42 Premier League meetings with United, and that came in December 2009. The Reds are also unbeaten in the last 20 away league clashes with Thursday’s opponents, a run that stretches back to 1995! It’s actually the longest unbeaten away run one team has had against another in top-flight history.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...ogle&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=muwebsite #

cyberman

We play four games in nine days, starting on Monday. We'll certainly field our strongest XI vs Chelsea in the middle of that run, so some rotation either side is quite likely. I expect that Bailly, Williams, Fred/McTominay, Ighalo and maybe James, will all get a start somewhere in there.
    But heres no point in resting players for our next game at least? Hell even the game after that is 3 games away. Thats like playing Sat then Tue in CL.
    I go the other way, I think we rotate for the FA cup.

Last edited:

zenith

No point resting anyone for this game. Each and every pl game from here onwards is critical to our chances.

Hope we put out an unchanged 11

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
    Scout
    Is it me, or are all our matches being refereed by Jon feckin' Moss at the moment?

How is that fair? He's easily one of the worst ref's in the league.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
    Im confident we'll score goals, we just have to keep a hold of the ball and defend well.

If we play at the level we showed in the last 3 games, we should win comfortably. Having no fans in the stands should help as well.

High pressure game this, we need to win and win comfortably.

Castia

Lose this and top 4 is gone. Need to play our strongest 11 and get the game won. Make changes in the second half if we get a comfortable lead.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
    As long as Pogba Bruno Rashford Martial and Greenwood are on the pitch we are always going to score. It's the defense I'm worried about. We've conceded the least goals since Bruno came but the defense doesn't fill me with confidence at all. Matic Maguire and Lindelof. Their pace is such a weak link against counter attacks and a team bursting with energy and pace
    Think Lindelof is out so we could have Bailly's pace.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Mason Greenwood image Mason Greenwood 42% of 371 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 368 ratings.

Score Predictions