Aston Villa

el3mel

Sawiris is Egypt's richest man, with a net worth of $6.8billion according to Forbes.
Fecking Sawiris.

Anyway, Fayed was pretty shite for Fulham and so is Assem Allam for Hull. They benefited from these clubs names more than benefiting them. I'm expecting no difference. Just another business and money source for him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Ah not a fan then?

People on our forums predictably excited about him being a billionaire so character refrerences good or bad welcome.

el3mel

Ah not a fan then?

People on our forums predictably excited about him being a billionaire so character refrerences good or bad welcome.
Sawiris family is hated here, especially his brother, Nagiub Sawiris.

But that's not due to hating issues. Egyptian businessmen aren't going to get a club and spend on it for the sake of it like Qatar or UA. These clubs are just another business and source of money for them. I'll be surprised if he ends up actually willing to make the club good enough.

Tom Foster

I have a really unreasonable hatred of the Villa. Not that I hate them per se, as they seem a fine old club.

Nope, like all weirdo irrational football fans, my VERY FIRST conscious competitive match was the 1957 FA Cup Final watched in my mate’s back yard shed in a terraced house in Salford.

United couldn’t lose according to everyone, so disappointment all round as the cup was gifted to Villa by virtue of loads of luck, decisions etc.

I know I should have gotten over it by now, but.....Villa at that time had won the cup more than any other english club 7 times. How I envied them, little knowing we would blow them away over the next 60 years.

And I still don’t want them to win it again on my watch.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
We put that game out on DVD a few years ago....yes I have it. :lol: They certainly don't allow challenges like McParland anymore.:eek:

I think you'll be fine, we must've put two of the worst FA cup final displays ever seen in 2000 and 2015. Hardly had a shot on target in either game.

Classical Mechanic

We put that game out on DVD a few years ago....yes I have it. :lol: They certainly don't allow challenges like McParland anymore.:eek:

I think you'll be fine, we must've put two of the worst FA cup final displays ever seen in 2000 and 2015. Hardly had a shot on target in either game.
So do you still have to sell Grealish because of FFP? I read somewhere that you do, or at least need to raise a lot of cash from player sales quickly still and he's one of your only real assets to do that.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yes Jack will still have to go. FFP dosen't go away just because we have shiny new owners. We have to make up enough 25m or something so his sale will cover most of that.

If we sell him we should keep rest of the squad which is good enough to challenge for play offs IF coached correctly.

Would imagine Steve Bruce will get up to xmas to impress new ownership but he's fighting a losing battle as new owners always get a new manager unless it's a modern legend in charge like SAF or Wenger.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I read somewhere that the new guys want Thierry Henry as their new manager. I wonder if that’s why he quit Sky

el3mel

Brucie is just a terrible manager, but he'll be back managing another championship team soon. These English managers never run out of jobs.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Brucie is just a terrible manager, but he'll be back managing another championship team soon. These English managers never run out of jobs.
Perfect example being Neil Warnock. How the feck is that guy managing a PL club? I mean, granted, they won't be a PL club for long, but still...

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
He's not terrible, he's just not good enough for the level that Villa aspire to and should be.

NinjaFletch

Perfect example being Neil Warnock. How the feck is that guy managing a PL club? I mean, granted, they won't be a PL club for long, but still...
Because he has a very good record of getting sides promoted.

Alabaster Codify7

My best mate text me this morning saying he's gone most likely. Good manager but just not good enough, lovely chap though.

Villa are screwed mind. Really, really screwed.

Classical Mechanic

He isn’t a terrible manager at all. He’s won four promotions. Took Hull to an FA Cup final. His tenure at Birmingham was probably their most successful period in 40 years.

‘English managers always get jobs’ is a weird thing to say given English football probably have the most foreign managers of any league in Europe.

el3mel

He isn’t a terrible manager at all. He’s won four promotions. Took Hull to an FA Cup final. His tenure at Birmingham was probably their most successful period in 40 years.

‘English managers always get jobs’ is a weird thing to say given English football probably have the most foreign managers of any league in Europe.
English managers keep getting and rotating jobs nonstop at the bottom half of the premier league each season. Only the top 10 teams stay away with foreign managers.

Regarding Bruce, he's good for bottom half table teams but you can't consider a manager who's good only at this level to be generally "good". The level he's good at is pretty low. Not to mention his extinct football, as much as all English managers anyway.

Classical Mechanic

English managers keep getting and rotating jobs nonstop at the bottom half of the premier league each season. Only the top 10 teams stay away with foreign managers.

Regarding Bruce, he's good for bottom half table teams but you can't consider a manager who's good only at this level to be generally "good". The level he's good at is pretty low. Not to mention his extinct football, as much as all English managers anyway.
There’s nothing unusual about indigenous managers taking jobs at domestic clubs. It’s just weird to think there is. Given Bruce has won four promotions, it’s perfectly understandable that Championship clubs give him a job.

el3mel

There’s nothing unusual about indigenous managers taking jobs at domestic clubs. It’s just weird to think there is. Given Bruce has won four promotions, it’s perfectly understandable that Championship clubs give him a job.
Well, there's. Instead of keep hiring the same managers with their extinct football for 1-2 seasons then sack, rinse, repeat, it's better to improve more with better style of play. That will overall benefit the league in the long run and make the quality of the teams better, instead of parking the bust against every decent team.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

He's had his high spots, but he's been sacked numerous times now.
He's a classic average manager on the merry go around, with the likes of Pardew, Fat Sam and many others.

He'll keep popping up somewhere, get sacked and go again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In fairness, he has taken tonnes of clubs up, so it's only right he gets to have a few months there before the inevitable sack.

He should have been kicked out of the game permanently for that outrageous game where his mob got loads of sendings off and he was willing players to feign injuries to get the game called off.

Classical Mechanic

Well, there's. Instead of keep hiring the same managers with their extinct football for 1-2 seasons then sack, rinse, repeat, it's better to improve more with better style of play. That will overall benefit the league in the long run and make the quality of the teams better, instead of parking the bust against every decent team.
Who are these managers then?

He's had his high spots, but he's been sacked numerous times now.
He's a classic average manager on the merry go around, with the likes of Pardew, Fat Sam and many others.

He'll keep popping up somewhere, get sacked and go again.
Not sure how Big Sam is average. He has a fantastic record as a manager. 95% of managers get sacked a lot.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I have a really unreasonable hatred of the Villa. Not that I hate them per se, as they seem a fine old club.

Nope, like all weirdo irrational football fans, my VERY FIRST conscious competitive match was the 1957 FA Cup Final watched in my mate’s back yard shed in a terraced house in Salford.

United couldn’t lose according to everyone, so disappointment all round as the cup was gifted to Villa by virtue of loads of luck, decisions etc.

I know I should have gotten over it by now, but.....Villa at that time had won the cup more than any other english club 7 times. How I envied them, little knowing we would blow them away over the next 60 years.

And I still don’t want them to win it again on my watch.
As a Wycombe fan, I loved Martin O Neill, who had success most places he went. I find the lack of appreciation from a lot of their fans about how well he did finishing 6th 3 years in a row there incredible.

Take that now wouldn't they, the ungrateful wretches.