At what point does Aguero leave little City?

TheReligion

Abusive
Surely it must be crossing his mind and he wouldn't be short of offers. City aren't the most prestigious club and are still searching for a European Cup which might never come.

There never seems to be much unrest with Aguero despite his talents. Does he lack ambition or will he push for another move soon?

IRELANDUNITED

He said he wouldn't leave till they won the Champions League didn't he? So in other words, never.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
At 30, back to Argentina

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Where does one go from Villarreal, sorry, City?

JustJackTheLad

Isn't it funny how some players are bombarded with transfer rumours & some aren't. Griezmann said it the other day about Ronaldo & Messi (which i disagree with, Messi has been linked with city on numerous occasions)

I think Aguero will stay at city until near enough the end of his career, then either Atelico or back to homeland. All the south american players seem to want to go back home for some reason!

Gizzyspop

Think he will leave this summer. But it won't be his choice. Don't think he does what Pep is looking for from a striker, and he won't change. Pep doesn't want a goalie that saves or a striker who scores it seems.

Sell him to Madrid, which will raise him to another level in reputation, after he scores 50 goals a season.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Didn't he say he'd go back to Argentina when his contract runs out?

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Once he gets bored of taking their petro dollars.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Pretty sure that he genuinely loves it there. He won't get an offer from Barca, where his friendship with Messi could've persuaded him to go, and Madrid doesn't seem keen on him (not the perfect partner to Ronaldo too)

namco

Once he gets bored of taking their petro dollars.
This. He will have been promised a huge wedge to commit himself to City. Will probably regret it when his career ends. Will be sitting on a huge pile of cash but won't have the medals to go with it.

Polite Poster

Supports
Manchester City
Sergio has repeatedly said that he's very happy at City. I don't think he will be leaving anytime soon.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Why would Kun return to Atletico much less them wanting him back? To China would be my guess, sooner than later

Sparky10Legend

Jeez there are some deluded comments here, do you think Falcao signed for us for the love of the club?

Citeh are a big club, get used to it.

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
He had immense talent and after Messi and Ronaldo he could have been up there at a place like Madrid/Barca/Munich. Unbelievable that he has wasted his entire career at a useless, plastic club like City.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Probably never to be honest. I wouldn't say City are a little club though, like Liverpool they think they're bigger than they are but I think they're big enough for him.

RedCurry

He'll probably be off to China in 2-3 years and then back to Argentina when he's around 33.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Probably never to be honest. I wouldn't say City are a little club though, like Liverpool they think they're bigger than they are but I think they're big enough for him.
Ehhhh Liverpool are comparable to Utd in terms of size - they are a MASSIVE club.

ghagua

Once he gets an offer from China and sees what the other players there are making. Won't judge him though, that is an obscene amount of money to turn down.

Classical Mechanic

Sergio has repeatedly said that he's very happy at City. I don't think he will be leaving anytime soon.
What happened to the 1 year contract extension Pep was going on about earlier this season?

Why is everyone saying China? He said himself that once his contract is done with City he will go to Argentina.

Sparky10Legend

We are on a good run are we?

Therefore we must knock every other club and persuade ourselves we are above everyone else. Fact is Citeh have won two titles in 5 years, fact is City have most in demand manager in the world. Fact is Sergio has never made noises about leaving.

Like it or loath it (and the City owners have put a lot of cash in to East Manchester) they are here to stay.

littleman

Ehhhh Liverpool are comparable to Utd in terms of size - they are a MASSIVE club.
It depends on what "size" you're talking about.

If, let's say, we're talking about total silverware in the past hundred years, yeah.

If we're talking about fanbase, it's probably a big gap. Or commerce.

The thing is, United has had its second golden era (after the Busby era) at just the right time, which was when the EPL was being distributed widely globally. So in most people's eyes MUFC is far, far larger than LFC.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
He has medals though...
He's wumming as per usual. Check out his post history - completely and utterly obsessed with City yet claims no-one gives a shit about our poxy little club. I'm surprised he hasn't had to hand the pc back to mummy now that he's back at school following the Christmas holidays.

For what it's worth, in terms of trophy haul vs money spent I think we've under-achieved a little since Aguero signed in 2011 but he gave us the most dramatic ending to a season the Premier League has ever seen. He's won 3 more trophies on top of that with us making a total of 4. I'm not sure namco's maths is any good or not but since Aguero signed for us, United have won 2 trophies less than City.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
His contract runs out in 2020 so you expect him to be around for another season or so before he goes to China.

He will be there longer than Pep that's for sure.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Surely it must be crossing his mind and he wouldn't be short of offers. City aren't the most prestigious club and are still searching for a European Cup which might never come.

There never seems to be much unrest with Aguero despite his talents. Does he lack ambition or will he push for another move soon?
Can't see him going anywhere. He's on 220k/wk, significantly higher than what he was making before, and at 28, he's not really in a position to get much more than that, especially with his spotty injury record. He could go to China and make 500k/wk in wages, but that's pretty unlikely given he's under contract. If City offer him an extension after 2019, I'd imagine he will stay and then feck back off to Argentina in his early to mid 30s ala Tevez, or else do a year or so in China to pad his finances before retirement.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Can smell the jealousy from the OP. Sergio will leave when he wants, we'll enjoy him while he's here and both City fans and the OP will always have that moment to remember him by.

padr81

Supports
Man City
What happened to the 1 year contract extension Pep was going on about earlier this season?

Why is everyone saying China? He said himself that once his contract is done with City he will go to Argentina.
Exactly he's said himself he's going home at his contracts end which is 2020, by then he'll be 31 and he said he wants to go before he becomes useless. We may sneak another season out of him but I doubt it.