• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
    So the back 5 will be

Wan Bissaka Bailly Varane Maguire Shaw

Or

Wan Bissaka Varane Maguire Shaw Telles
    I think it's more likely that McTominay will be in defence, with Pogba and Fred in midfield.

I'm guessing that purely from the fact that Ole has his favourites. He's the type of manager who will, within reason, pick a player he likes out-of-position rather than a player he doesn't in-position.

But I'm probably going to be proven wrong!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    So the back 5 will be

Wan Bissaka Bailly Varane Maguire Shaw

Or

Wan Bissaka Varane Maguire Shaw Telles
    Hopefully the latter if he does go for the back 5 again, having Shaw and Telles can create a nice overload down the left

TheGame

I would like to see:

AWB - Maguire - Varane - Telles

-----DVB----Matic------Pogba

----Sancho---Greenwood-----Rashford

Bit of rotation ahead of City but a strong team with pace to counterattack. But think Ole will play it safe again. God only knows how players like Sancho will get a game.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
    I think it's more likely that McTominay will be in defence, with Pogba and Fred in midfield.

I'm guessing that purely from the fact that Ole has his favourites. He's the type of manager who will, within reason, pick a player he likes out-of-position rather than a player he doesn't in-position.

But I'm probably going to be proven wrong!
    That is surely a slap in the face to Bailly and Telles.

Dante

Average bang
    Both have been slapped multiple times already. Bailly was left on the bench for a 20% fit Maguire only a few weeks ago. And, of course, VDB has his own story to tell.

Like I said, Ole tends to pick the players he trusts over the ones he doesn't; even if that means playing some of them slightly out of position.

RUCK4444

Both have been slapped multiple times already. Bailly was left on the bench for a 20% fit Maguire only a few weeks ago. And, of course, VDB has his own story to tell.

Like I said, Ole tends to pick the players he trusts over the ones he doesn't; even if that means playing some of them slightly out of position.
    Nah Bailly will play, he will want Scott in midfield.

Not sure why everybody is clamouring for more VDB to be honest but there we go.

lex talionis

I'd only go with a back 3 to give Harry a game off that he clearly needs, judging by his unfitness over the last month (and didn't look all that sharp v Spurs to be honest) and with City coming up this weekend. If a back 3 is necessary and with Lindelof out, then this:

De Gea
    Bailly Varane Shaw
    AWB fecking McFred Telles
    Bruno
    Cavani Rashford

But I'd rather we go with this:

De Gea
    AWB Bailly Varane Shaw
    Matic Donny
    Sancho Bruno Rashford
    Cavani

Yes, a CL match but we've got City coming up and Ronaldo should not be starting three matches in 7 days. McFred will no doubt get the start v City so we'll need them fresh for the substantially more imposing opposition.

But since Ole starts Maguire no matter what his fitness level is it's more likely going to be this:

De Gea
    Bailly Varane Maguire
    AWB McFred Shaw
    Bruno
    Ronaldo Rashford

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

I wouldn’t be surprised either. Especially not Bailly — all the reports seem to suggest he was questioning Ole the most so if the player isn’t on Ole’s side I highly doubt he’ll start him in a CL game

Buster15

Go on Didier
    Supports
    Bristol Rovers
    Tongue in cheek. But actually though, if Ole is staying all season... what gives us a better chance at both a trophy this season and CL football next season? That's our current sad reality.
    Understood. And certainly agree with the point about the sad reality.

Bepi

Supports
    Juventus
    Atalanta (and Bergamo) are considering this game their match of the season, their first, real, big CL game in Bergamo since the pandemic with their fans, and pretty vital for their hopes to pass the group.

I think this forum was too downbeat two weeks ago, when most of you lot were anticipating a Utd loss, and similarly I think most of you are too upbeat this time, anticipating an easy Utd win.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
    Atalanta (and Bergamo) are considering this game their match of the season, their first, real, big CL game in Bergamo since the pandemic with their fans, and pretty vital for their hopes to pass the group.

I think this forum was too downbeat two weeks ago, when most of you lot were anticipating a Utd loss, and similarly I think most of you are too upbeat this time, anticipating an easy Utd win.
    We should now better by now after Basaksehir and Young Boys.

keener

It'll be this. Ole in survival mode.

De Gea
    Bailly Varane Maguire
    AWB McFred Shaw
    Bruno
    Ronaldo Rashford

Thinking 532 will be the way forward. Likely most fans will eventually disagree but frankly if it keeps Antonio Conte from being our coach... i'm fine with it. I've hated watching his sides play football as badly as I hated Mourinho's.

ColvaleGoa

De Gea
    Bailly Varane Maguire
    AWB McFred Shaw
    Bruno
    Ronaldo Rashford

Thinking 532 will be the way forward. Likely most fans will eventually disagree but frankly if it keeps Antonio Conte from being our coach... i'm fine with it. I've hated watching his sides play football as badly as I hated Mourinho's.

Be ready for the backlash from Conte Fanboi's!!

spiriticon

De Gea
    Lindelof Varane Maguire
    AWB Donny Fred Shaw
    Pogba
    Ronaldo Rashford

red4ever 79

Lindelof injured tomorrow means Bailly will come in. Expect to see the same team that played versus Spurs with Bailly and Rashford coming in. Lindelof and Cavani dropping out

Motorman

---De Gea
    Wan Bissaka---Varane---Maguire---Shaw---Telles-------
    ------
    Pogba---McTominay
    Bruno
    Rashford---Ronaldo

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - DDG - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - -Lindelof- - - - Maguire - - - - - - - Varane - - - - - - - - -
    AWB - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Shaw
    - - - - - - - - - - - - Pogba - - - - - - - - Matic - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Lingard - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - - Ronaldo - - - - - - - - Rashford

DON’T PANIC ™

Lindelof injured tomorrow means Bailly will come in. Expect to see the same team that played versus Spurs with Bailly and Rashford coming in. Lindelof and Cavani dropping out
    Probably not. I can see Ole playing Shaw in the back 3 & Telles as wingback.
    Bailly isn’t part of his inner circle.

croadyman

De Gea
    Bailly Varane Maguire
    AWB McFred Shaw
    Bruno
    Ronaldo Rashford

Well you got your wish because he's now gone to Spurs, think we get the job done tonight but think Saturday will be a reality check. People will realise just how rock bottom Spurs were when City come to OT

Kaos

I don't think that's the case at all. I for one wouldn't be surprised if we lost this.

I Am Zlatan

I was very confident we would beat Spurs, and we did, I have the same feeling for this, I think we’ll smash them (not that the performances make me feel that way), I just have a feeling we’ll win comfortably.

croadyman

I was very confident we would beat Spurs, and we did, I have the same feeling for this, I think we’ll smash them (not that the performances make me feel that way), I just have a feeling we’ll win comfortably.
    Wish people would realise we only beat them because they are probably the easiest fixture we could have had other than maybe Norwich, will definitely be getting a xmas card from them for getting Nuno sacked

SATA

Looking at how they play and defend at OT in the second half, we'll probably score a few if they play like this again. Demiral is back for them though so he'll likely make them better in defence

VivaRonaldo85

Not sure this requires a back 3. I’d be inclined to rest some players from the spurs game with a view of going back to a 3-5-2 vs City.

DDG

AWB
    Varane
    Maguire
    Shaw

Fred
    Matic

Sancho
    Bruno
    Rashford

Ronaldo

dal

———————DdG————————-

——Lindelof—Varane—Maguire—
    AWB———Mctominay———-Shaw
    ————Bruno———Pogba————

————Ronaldo—Rashford———

Subs - Sancho, VDB, Fred, Greenwood, Cavani.

1-3

therealtboy

Supports
    Feyenoord
    Not sure this requires a back 3. I’d be inclined to rest some players from the spurs game with a view of going back to a 3-5-2 vs City.

DDG

AWB
    Varane
    Maguire
    Shaw

Fred
    Matic

Sancho
    Bruno
    Rashford

Ronaldo
    So all of a sudden we go back to a formation that has made us vulnerable this season? I don't trust Ole with a 4-2-3-1 so the back 3 must remain. Just play Rashford and stretch the hell out that Atalanta backline. They attack nonstop at home and will leave huge gaps at the back.

Mcking

Those saying we don't need a Back 5 getting way ahead of themselves. They never learn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Cristiano Ronaldo image Cristiano Ronaldo 69% of 391 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 355 ratings.

Score Predictions