Australia tour of India - 4 tests

Moby

Dick
Love the fighting spirit of this team, getting to this situation from Australia being 144-1, fantastic. Been plenty of such clutch moments like this during the series where they delivered. The Pujara - Rahane partnership was another one.

Boycott

I often see that and bhenchod used when Indians and Pakistanis pollute youtube comments with their childish mud-slinging :keano:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Hope the BCCI learns from this series and give our team time for proper preparations before embarking on an away trip to England, Aussie or SA etc. The Aussies had a special training session in Dubai where they replicated the Indian pitches and also hired an Indian to make them better familiarise with the conditions.

Seriously, the amount of training and preparation was absolutely fantastic and that's something we should be learning. Not like previous times, where we arrive in the country just three four days, play an half assed practice match where the opposition team rolls out a flat wicket and DGrade Bowlers which does no help whatsoever.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Dissapointed considering the positions Australia were in this series but still did far far better then what i thought would happen.

Pleased that cummins looks fit though cause he will be needed come the ashes

MDFC Manager

Umesh Yadav struck at 23 this series. Phenomenal stuff really. There's Shami also to come.

NM

For all of Australia's bravado, we beat them in this series with an injured Ashwin, an injured Shami (our best quick didn't even play) and Kohli in terrible form or injured.

This could have been a nightmare for them if Ashwin wasn't injured.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
For all of Australia's bravado, we beat them in this series with an injured Ashwin, an injured Shami (our best quick didn't even play) and Kohli in terrible form or injured.

This could have been a nightmare for them if Ashwin wasn't injured.
We had our best fast bowler injured, Mitch marsh played 2 games and Warner was useless too.

KM

My man of the series is Jadeja.

NM

We had our best fast bowler injured, Mitch marsh played 2 games and Warner was useless too.
Warner being useless was to be expected. He's a bully at home and bullied on the road. I'd equate Ashwin to Starc (though Ashwin would be more useful here) but since we had Shami injured that honestly cancels out instead.

Aus put up a better fight than most expected though.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Warner being useless was to be expected. He's a bully at home and bullied on the road. I'd equate Ashwin to Starc (though Ashwin would be more useful here) but since we had Shami injured that honestly cancels out instead.

Aus put up a better fight than most expected though.
Playing with Mitch Marsh counts as a man down :nervous:

KM

Ravindra "King of Swag" Jadeja. What an interview!

Moby

Dick
What a brilliant series. A lot of credit to Australia to take on India after they were in incredible form and looked good for another domination in a series and making a great contest throughout the series. Smith is incredible, no doubt, and the likes of Renshaw did really well. As KM said they were well prepared and almost did the job. Apart from the last test where they were quite poor imo they played quite well.

This test was in Australia's hands a couple of times, firstly after winning the toss and having a brilliant first session and then at the end of 2nd day, both the times they let it slip away.

This pitch shows how if we can create good balanced surfaces and not absolute turning dustbowls we can get out fast bowlers to get some impact and not always rely on our spinners. Excellent surface, this.

Jadeja, Rahul, Pujara and Rahane (that partnership with Pujara and captaincy in this game) all were very good. Umesh improved as the series went on and if he can be coached some decision making he can be a good support to Shami. Shoutout to Saha, really grown as a player in this series and someone who can take responsibility when required. Karun was the main disappointment, he might get dropped after this. And unsurprisingly Ishant, should literally never come near our team again.

India I think now holds a series win against all test playing nations, which is nice. Amazing home season, probably the best I can remember watching Indian cricket.

Moby

Dick
"Very good to be the No. 1 Test bowler," says Ravindra Jadeja, the Man of the Match and the Man of the Series and the best bowler in the world right now. "And being part of this champion Test side. When I batted, I was thinking to take my time and then Matthew Wade chirped from behind. That motivated me. If I can respond to him with runs, it will be great. Coaches and captain have been telling me I have the skill to bat long. I developed as a player overall. Some time ago people didn't consider me a Test bowler. This season is a good response to them. Ashwin and I maintain pressure from both ends. The variation of offspinner and left-arm spinner also works well. Hopefully we can continue this outside India too. I will try to get to a hundred next time, and celebrate with two bats as swords."

This man. :lol:

KM

What did he say? Any link?
Said that he was looking to play calmly but Wade motivated him to bat aggressively due to his chatter.

Also said that many people doubted his test match players credentials and he has quietened them now with his performances.

Varun

Staff
Said that he was looking to play calmly but Wade motivated him to bat aggressively due to his chatter.

Also said that many people doubted his test match players credentials and he has quietened them now with his performances.
Cheers.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Well done India.. such a great series for the neutral. I couldn't take my eyes off it and the quality of cricket was brilliant - up there with anything I've seen from the noughties from the likes of Jadeja, Smith and I have to admit I have a huge soft spot for Umesh who bowls with blistering pace.

Who are India up against next?

Moonred

Well done India.. such a great series for the neutral. I couldn't take my eyes off it and the quality of cricket was brilliant - up there with anything I've seen from the noughties from the likes of Jadeja, Smith and I have to admit I have a huge soft spot for Umesh who bowls with blistering pace.

As far as tests go, might travel to SA later in the year or early '18. But I don't know if this is confirmed and scheduled.

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!

After the Champions Trophy we are going to WI for ODIs then away to Sri Lanka in August. Play Australia again at Home for some ODIs in October. Pakistan are scheduled to tour India in November. Don't know what's going to happen with that. Then away to South Africa in Jan next year and then play Sri Lanka at home in March.