Australian Open 2011

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
I think Djoko tanked the previous game so he could break Murray and serve first in the 3rd set.
Na not at this level - if Murray holds on and then presses the next serve he could easily be back in - none will tank games at this standard

Don't be raving about Djokovic's performance either - it's good but Murrays not even making him play at his best - pathetic really

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
Na not at this level - if Murray holds on and then presses the next serve he could easily be back in - none will tank games at this standard

Don't be raving about Djokovic's performance either - it's good but Murrays not even making him play at his best - pathetic really
Kids are tired.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Silly really there's nothing about him to hate

For me incredibly frustrating as Murray has all the ability, the technique - every that a player needs except the one most important aspect - mental strength and the ensuing bottle that goes with it - sad
With Djokovic on top of his game this court is too slow for Murray. He doesn't have the power of Djokovic so he can't dictate the points. On a faster court he can even Djokovic wouldn't be able to keep turning the rallies around and stand up so close to the base line.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Silly really there's nothing about him to hate

For me incredibly frustrating as Murray has all the ability, the technique - every that a player needs except the one most important aspect - mental strength and the ensuing bottle that goes with it - sad
It is, he just clams up. Starts alright but then as soon as something goes against him he curls into a ball and looks a shadow of what he can be. All the added pressure of the media and whatnot doesn't help him and it would be sad if he ends his career never winning a grandslam.

wr8_utd

:'(
Yeah Djoko's not needed to be brilliant because Murray's been shocking. But Djokovic has easily been the best player this tournament and he could easily step up a gear or two you feel if Murray started playing.

Rahul

Nole broken ! Wouldn't mind a 5 setter :)

Murray seems to be continuing on form, from the final games of that last set. Nole shaken ?

wr8_utd

Djokovic getting nervous? He had a easy easy winner at game point and messed it up and now broken.

Jopub

Rubbish, he was absolutly brilliant in the first set. Just look at how well Djokovic has played all the tournament.
Na he's started great but since Murray has fallen away he's not even needed to be in second gear

Murrays handed it to him on a plate

No disrespect to Djoko and you can only play whats in front of you but he'll play much better and lose in other matches - murray has been wank

Hitchcocker

Andy Murray is no choke. No sir he is not. Breaks serve and serves for the second game in the third set and hands the game back to Novak.

:lol:

wr8_utd

And Murray gets broken :lol:

Horrendous tennis from. Unbelievable unforced errors.

Anyone saw Murray telling his own box to shutup in the last game? :lol:

vuc

First Team Serb
Na he's started great but since Murray has fallen away he's not even needed to be in second gear

Murrays handed it to him on a plate

No disrespect to Djoko and you can only play whats in front of you but he'll play much better and lose in other matches - murray has been wank
Said the same about Djokovic many times.. but at his best he is better than Murray.

Zen

A choker vs choker final really is amazing in the crunch moments.

VP

Shocking from Murray. No backbone at all.

Hitchcocker

And Murray gets broken :lol:

Horrendous tennis from. Unbelievable unforced errors.

Anyone saw Murray telling his own box to shutup in the last game? :lol:
To be fair, I'd have shown his box a finger a long time ago. Just that I would have shown a different finger than the one Andy showed his box.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I think everybody isn't giving Djokovic the credit he deserves.
The cricism I have for Murray is that if things aren't going his way he againts the best payers on top of their form he doesn't yet have the mental strength to keep focused and find a way to stay in the points as a Nadal would do for example. But that's far more easy to say than do, especially when it's in the final of a Major.

SCM

Usual from Murray if his first serve doesn't turn up he struggles in any match let alone a grand slam final but then again not much he can do really Djokovic by far the better player today so he would struggle even with his serve firing.

Jopub

I cant believe at this level that a player cant think fk it I'll open me shoulders and hit the cover off the fking ball and up the whole pace of the match - This is what Connors McEnroe Borg did - bottle out front - change the fking game, the tactic and impose something the match even if you lose at least make the other guy have to beat you

Fksakes Murray

wr8_utd

Have these linesmen/women got anything right today? How can you call a serve that lands perfectly on the line long

Zen

Seriously has anyone ever lost their first 8 and probably 9 grand slam final sets before?

It really is a shame, but oh well.

wr8_utd

To be honest Murray has not really faced any challenge till now.

A draw that could have given him Del Po/Baggy, Soderling and Nadal gave him the useless Melzer and Ferrer. Djokovic is far far above the level of anyone Murray has played in this tournament.

Hitchcocker

I so love the look on Murray's face. I think I may just buy an Adidas jersey to commemorate the event. :lol:

Zen

So? Never bothered Nadal or Federer when those two were beyond miles better than anyone put in front of them and Djoko would go early.

Zen

And at least Henman gave the best player in the world at his peak on his favoured surface a damn good run for his money.

Hitchcocker

I am wondering what the Murray camp were preparing before the final. I don't think anyone in the team dared to contemplate an event where Murray would lose the first set.